Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1691895 times)

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New version out, june 7th
« Reply #3315 on: June 12, 2010, 06:58:47 am »

I am also highly amused with each release at how many people either:

A. Grab the legacy version and are astounded that it doesn't work with things like DFG's transparent textures.
B. Hit the thread immediately and ask why it won't work/when will it work.
C. HERP DERP

Really, its fascinating... especially when the answer is usually just a few posts back or can be found on the wiki or by doing a teeny bit of searching.
See, this might be the source of my confusion, why are the legacy versions different, and how?
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:36 am »

They are different because they use the old output method.

New 3d versions use a different output with lots of functions and new features and are usually much more productive if you set up them right. Also they use multi-core CPUs to split game and graphical calculations. It's much more complicated though, I just scratched the surface.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3317 on: June 12, 2010, 07:36:45 am »

EDIT: Speaking of my work, guys... ermmm... would Japa or Jonas or Peter or whoever care to direct me toward what graphical assets y'all need? I think I've sabatacled long enough, and I seem to have lost my old list. >.<;

Hey Solifuge :) Some of the more common animals would be nice. In my current fort i know for sure the hoary marmot and the mountain goats are popping up everywhere as big ?s.

The emotions look really nice btw guys :)

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: June 12, 2010, 07:58:56 am »

I can't show all of them yet, but happiness, sleeping, resting, and moods are doable.
I'd love to see this implemented at some point.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: June 12, 2010, 08:25:04 am »

By the way, wrestlers look weird in the new versions. And by weird, I mean naked.

You can see it for example on the mockup I posted earlier. There are three wrestlers visible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: June 12, 2010, 08:32:22 am »

huh

I'll have a look.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: June 12, 2010, 09:02:34 am »

'What? I don't see any- BAHAHAHAHA!'
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: June 12, 2010, 11:47:49 am »

While reorganizing my WIP Graphics folder, I found an old concept. The idea, without regard for what is currently possible with DFHack, was for icons that would display over units (perhaps while holding down a button, or whatnot), that described any status effects they might have:

Row 1: Happiness Icons (Ecstatic, Happy, Quite Content, Fine, Unhappy, Very Unhappy, and Miserable)
Row 2: Thirsty, Hungry, Stunned, Paralyzed, On Fire, Drowning, and Webbed
Row 3: Minor Injury, Major Injury, Asleep, Unconscious, and Moods (Melencholy, Strange, and Berserk)

I also found a few colorized stone tiles, which are redundant now... but the pallets might be worth borrowing for the automatic tile colorization. Also, there were a few alternate Stone textures I want to touch up prior to posting.

like this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't show all of them yet, but happiness, sleeping, resting, and moods are doable.
unfortunately, I don't actually know which mood is what, so I can't set specific icons for specific moods till I see em, so if anybody has a save with a mood in progress, that'd be great.

Very nice, and remarkably fast. Holy carp! I'll see about having some tiles tonight, but my schedule got borked and I'm working all evening. In the meantime: DF Wiki: Status Icons

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #3323 on: June 12, 2010, 02:22:16 pm »

Gonna work on .06 fix?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: June 12, 2010, 02:29:25 pm »

Doesn't SS already work in .06?  I thought the memory.xml for non-legacy .06 was posted just a few pages ago.

Yep, right here. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.msg1317189#msg1317189
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #3325 on: June 12, 2010, 03:02:15 pm »

Oh yay! I had used the legacy version, that's why did not work. Argentina won and SS works, what a great day!

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: June 13, 2010, 01:37:21 am »

Compilation error on Arch Linux x64
Code: [Select]
[ 68%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/GUI.cpp.o
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp: In function ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR getDayShade(int, int)’:
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:91:74: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR&’ from an rvalue of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:70:15: error: in passing argument 2 of ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR partialBlend(ALLEGRO_COLOR&, ALLEGRO_COLOR&, int)’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:93:69: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR&’ from an rvalue of type ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:70:15: error: in passing argument 1 of ‘ALLEGRO_COLOR partialBlend(ALLEGRO_COLOR&, ALLEGRO_COLOR&, int)’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp: In function ‘void drawDebugCursorAndInfo()’:
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:335:9: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:340:9: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:345:9: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:350:9: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:384:28: error: ‘itoa’ was not declared in this scope
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp: In function ‘void loadGraphicsFromDisk()’:
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:737:35: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:739:37: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:741:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:743:41: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp: In function ‘void flushImgFiles()’:
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:751:35: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp: In function ‘int loadImgFile(char*)’:
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:816:51: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:819:70: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:847:40: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:856:56: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:885:56: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:915:40: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp: In function ‘void saveMegashot()’:
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:1015:57: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:1023:32: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
/home/cray/stonesense/GUI.cpp:1027:72: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/GUI.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/stonesense.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: June 13, 2010, 01:56:46 am »

There's a good chance that's because they are naked. Dwarves don't always wear clothes, and wrestlers tend to get theirs thrown away pretty fast.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: June 13, 2010, 02:14:59 am »

I'm not gonna ask how you know that.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: June 13, 2010, 02:42:23 am »

this is actually rather wierd behavior, as they really should be in uniform.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 379