Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1692877 times)

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3570 on: July 21, 2010, 12:07:51 pm »

Also, yeah, I'm using the SDL version and, of course, the fort was loaded before hitting F9.
I use Dreamweaver to edit the xml's.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 03:39:34 pm by Granite »

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: July 21, 2010, 12:10:05 pm »

Wait, are those walls being displayed half-height? Because just a few days ago I was thinking how that would be a really useful feature to view inside areas.

Awesome, can't wait to try it.
You can do that in the current version too :) Default key for the function is "C"
:o  I did not know this.  That'll make my massive walled forts easier to use...
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: July 22, 2010, 05:15:05 am »

I really appreciate all the hard work you have been doing in the stonesense community. Thank you all you dedicated programmers and artists. I make sure to check this forum every day at least once to try to get an idea what is being done in the project currently( as well as pray for some progress done on the GUI interface ). I know it will be a while till every thing is done, but thank you all for what you are doing.

InfernoZeus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:06 am »

Is this still being worked on? The OP hasn't been online in a month  :(

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: July 22, 2010, 11:16:21 am »

Is this still being worked on? The OP hasn't been online in a month  :(

Don't fear, there's more than just one guy on the dev team.  Work continues if you'd look back a page.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: July 22, 2010, 11:43:23 am »

This is for Star Guarded.

Will this work as a "horse statue"?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: July 22, 2010, 12:19:38 pm »

I feel like it would be pretty cool if you could just take the sprite for whatever animal and re-color it to look like stone.
And maybe put a pedestal under it or scale it down or something. I don't know how hard that would be to implement...

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3577 on: July 22, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »

This is for Star Guarded.

Will this work as a "horse statue"?

Absolutely. Thanks so much :D I really appreciate it.

Quote from: Ironhand
I feel like it would be pretty cool if you could just take the sprite for whatever animal and re-color it to look like stone.
And maybe put a pedestal under it or scale it down or something. I don't know how hard that would be to implement...
It's likely I'll be the only person to use this because I have to recategorize an entire material and make the horse statues only in that material. Unless someone figures out a way to make Stonesense read the madlibs. It's for a project I'm doing involving Stonesense. I'm super satisfied with it so it's good.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:45:33 pm by Star Guarded »

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3578 on: July 22, 2010, 01:23:32 pm »

Anybody knows how to fix the nonloading problem ? D: I can't get it to work.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: July 22, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »

Grayscale it?

Am I oversimplifying here? Probably but I just wanted to ask.
Granted, that wouldn't take stone colors into account but it would be a nice temp fix if it worked.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Terv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: July 23, 2010, 12:50:09 am »

I feel a bit dumb, but I have to ask. How do I replace the .xml document? I can't figure out to replace it.

EDIT: Never mind, I found out how to replace it. But it still will not work for me :(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:55:17 am by Terv »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: July 23, 2010, 01:10:27 am »

Ok, reporting a bug:
Downloaded Lazy Newb Pack to get its Stonesense copy, and then the program loaded normally.
However, after going to the well, where there are some dwarves and animals around it, Stonesense crashes, and the same happens if I hit F9 while focused close to the same well.

Same problem here, the area causing the crash also contains a well, this could of course be coincidence. Also using the Lazy newb pack(0.31.10)(V3.2)
would another save help?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: July 23, 2010, 02:10:42 am »

I'm working on it.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: July 23, 2010, 03:59:10 am »

'Cause you're working for the user, working for the user...
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3584 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48:17 pm »

mah stonesense r not wrk fix plz thx

also maek it give cookies from cd drive rom
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 379