Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1691942 times)

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3645 on: August 02, 2010, 12:38:08 am »

the other way of differentiating gems is to specify the materials.

Got it, thanks.

I am doubtful but... Is there any way for stonesense to work out; what base stone a vein came from, after it has been mined out? (Or more precicely, does DF even keep track?)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: August 02, 2010, 12:54:18 am »

nope.

only when it's still in the wall.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #3647 on: August 02, 2010, 03:39:14 am »

the other way of differentiating gems is to specify the materials.

Got it, thanks.

I am doubtful but... Is there any way for stonesense to work out; what base stone a vein came from, after it has been mined out? (Or more precicely, does DF even keep track?)
Yes, as long as you are talking about the tiles, and not some random item stone.
Every single tile has a base layer stone determined by depth under ground and the biome.

Tiles have base materials determined by the tile type number:
Ordinary stone/soil -- uses the geology.
Obsidian -- there are special obsidian tiles for cast obsidian.
Ice -- seemingly obvious, but ice being thawable, the original tile type is preserved in a special structure I call the 'ice vein'. So, you can see what was there before the ice (and having transparent/translucent ice is possible).
Mineral veins -- have a special tile type, combined with special mineral vein objects. Again, it is possible to know what base layer it is overriding. 40d even had multiple mineral veins on a single tile. 31.xx seems to limit that stuff to one mineral vein type per tile to conserve CPU resources.
Feature stone -- this is another set of special tile types, this time combined with local and global features (mostly used for adamantine veins and hell).
Special tiles -- this includes ash, fire, all the 16 types of grass, semi-molten rock (which is actually very, very cold), that blue glowing floor thing and so on.

So, those can be combined just about any way you like... and hell being made out of elephant liver tissue isn't impossible :P ... or making 100z above-ground spires out of star ruby by hacking adamantine veins.

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: August 02, 2010, 04:55:08 am »

Possible to use this on v31_12_b ? Trying to use this together with the mayday pack, so far with no success.

edit: nvm I just failed, I downloaded the memory xml and now it's working (that should probably be placed in a more visible location though imo)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 04:59:30 am by RaidSoft »

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: August 02, 2010, 05:45:12 am »

nope.

only when it's still in the wall.
I had thought as much... It is unfortunate...

Yes, as long as you are talking about the tiles, and not some random item stone.
Every single tile has a base layer stone determined by depth under ground and the biome.

Tiles have base materials determined by the tile type number:
Ordinary stone/soil -- uses the geology.
Obsidian -- there are special obsidian tiles for cast obsidian.
Ice -- seemingly obvious, but ice being thawable, the original tile type is preserved in a special structure I call the 'ice vein'. So, you can see what was there before the ice (and having transparent/translucent ice is possible).
Mineral veins -- have a special tile type, combined with special mineral vein objects. Again, it is possible to know what base layer it is overriding. 40d even had multiple mineral veins on a single tile. 31.xx seems to limit that stuff to one mineral vein type per tile to conserve CPU resources.
Feature stone -- this is another set of special tile types, this time combined with local and global features (mostly used for adamantine veins and hell).
Special tiles -- this includes ash, fire, all the 16 types of grass, semi-molten rock (which is actually very, very cold), that blue glowing floor thing and so on.

So, those can be combined just about any way you like... and hell being made out of elephant liver tissue isn't impossible :P ... or making 100z above-ground spires out of star ruby by hacking adamantine veins.
This information is useful, thanks.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: August 02, 2010, 08:19:14 am »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: August 02, 2010, 08:27:33 am »

I'd imagine the chopped walls in front of creatures could be a bit annoying after a while. ;)  All that changing and shifting.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: August 02, 2010, 08:32:23 am »

that's why it's toggleable

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: August 02, 2010, 09:13:45 am »

O.o Cant wait, enjoying this utility so much already.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: August 02, 2010, 11:25:38 am »

try changing the graphics to directx in the init.txt

yeah, it helped.

thanks for advice.

See, I thought that problem was just me being retarded. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

Also, Japa==Awesome.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3655 on: August 02, 2010, 12:21:41 pm »

Fantastic new options there.

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: August 02, 2010, 05:25:37 pm »

Okay, so I just downloaded it, but it just says 'cannot find dwarf fortress process' or something along those lines.

Can somebody here tell me what I can do to fix this?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: August 02, 2010, 06:15:45 pm »

Look back a few pages for the memory maps...
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: August 03, 2010, 05:23:58 am »

Can walls also use the same system as floors to work out surrounding tiles?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: August 03, 2010, 05:33:12 am »

all tiles use the same system.

you can even use it for creatures if you want.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 379