Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1690877 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3660 on: August 03, 2010, 08:41:23 am »

ok, all you spriters, here's a guide to all the currently available tags in stonesense:

http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Sprite%20Guide.txt

have fun.

Kanye west

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: August 03, 2010, 01:13:14 pm »

I am sorry ,I may look stupid a bit ,ive did a search and all I found was this post http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45038.15 and ive read pretty much the first 30 pages of the topic the thing is : I cant make stonesense work.
When I launch it it says connecting to df... and then it goes back to starting screen for a second and then it go back to the connecting to df... screen

If someone could help !

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: August 03, 2010, 01:20:27 pm »

"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: August 03, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »

I am sorry ,I may look stupid a bit ,ive did a search and all I found was this post http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45038.15 and ive read pretty much the first 30 pages of the topic the thing is : I cant make stonesense work.
When I launch it it says connecting to df... and then it goes back to starting screen for a second and then it go back to the connecting to df... screen

If someone could help !

Imma let you finish, but the problem you're having is that the version of Stonesense you're using doesn't support your version of DF - I'm guessing you're trying to run the OP's Stonesense link on 31.12? Try using Andir's link - jonask84 hasn't been hanging around to keep the first post updated.

Kanye west

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: August 03, 2010, 02:20:48 pm »

Yes ,the lazy newb (I think its that) works perfectly

Thank you !

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: August 03, 2010, 02:43:46 pm »

The real Kanye West only types in all caps.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: August 03, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »

The real Kanye West only types in all caps.

Doesn't he also interrupt everything to tell you how something else he likes is the greatest?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: August 03, 2010, 04:39:57 pm »

Ok another silly question I bet, but I probably missed something really obvious.

I'm seeing all these screenshots of stonesense maps with blood and the new floor tile edges and such.  Yet the version I have does not appear to have it.  And the only version I seem to be able to turn up on the google page is Stonesense Slate RC2 July 7th, which is the version I am already using.

Is there some hidden download someplace I'm missing?  Are these just screenies of the current version in development?

P.S. The day night cycle feature seems to have gotten borked in .12 with my version.  At 50 FPS it switches between day and night sporadically, with the occasional sunset/rise mixed in every tick.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #3668 on: August 03, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »

Ok another silly question I bet, but I probably missed something really obvious.

I'm seeing all these screenshots of stonesense maps with blood and the new floor tile edges and such.  Yet the version I have does not appear to have it.  And the only version I seem to be able to turn up on the google page is Stonesense Slate RC2 July 7th, which is the version I am already using.

likely, the screenshots you've seen are Japa's.  As the most active developer, he's got the most cutting-edge build.  It'll be out.  Sometime.  :)
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: August 03, 2010, 04:42:51 pm »

Are these just screenies of the current version in development?

Bingo! All the "oh shit blood everywhere" screenies have been posted by Japa, who has been casually working on a new big release whereas the version updates have just been the same features but tweaked to work for each 0.31 release.

If I recall correctly, that is. No lynching if I'm wrong!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: August 03, 2010, 04:43:18 pm »

Lies. Stonesense development has been over for years, and Japa's just been posting some delicately crafted Photoshops.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: August 03, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »

Ah yes, they are indeed Japa's.   I thought that might have been it.   I just remembered seeing them, not who posted them, Keep up the good work Japa! 

I'll enjoy my 100% precious metal road being completely obscured by the 20 different kinds of blood that covers every tile of the surface like the coastline of Louisiana.  :D
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: August 03, 2010, 08:36:58 pm »

yeah, those are the indev shots where I give teasers of features I'm working on.

it's not that hard to get a hold of them, if you don't mind a bit of compiling, or you make a name for yourself as a sprite god, in which case I may send you a copy.

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: August 04, 2010, 07:53:22 am »

sprite god huh? whats needed? lol

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:34 am »