Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1685540 times)

Kravick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3780 on: August 14, 2010, 04:20:17 am »

okay, ATI people, your only hope is using Directx, it seems.

Yep, that fixed it.  I have an ATI HD 5750 and was running into the same stonesense cannot load image problem.  After changing it to directx it works.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:11 am »

I really quite enjoy both A and B. I'm a bit partial to A, actually. Either way, the new pixel art is gorgeous.

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: August 15, 2010, 04:42:52 am »

Is there a way to make Stonesense work with DF 31.12?  Currently it does not recognize the process as being valid.
''d be perfect if I weren''t so arrogant.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: August 15, 2010, 04:54:37 am »

Save this file into your stonesense directory.
http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Memory.xml
you should overwrite what's there

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: August 15, 2010, 06:00:28 am »

Is there a new release planned soon?  ::) There have been couple of improvements since RC2 and I can't wait to see my fortress in all its bloody splendour.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: August 15, 2010, 06:05:10 am »

yeah, there is.

Urist McNewb

• Bay Watcher
  • Damned zombies! You will be CULLED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: August 15, 2010, 03:08:48 pm »

Hey, been using stonsence for a little now, but when i hit U, it still doesn't show stockpiles as it says in the README. is there another way to show stockpiles? it's annoying having my levels look abusrdly empty when they're really root cellars filled with goods.
And so, the world that had turned due to complex space formula, started to turn on simply the tears of gamers, remember to QQ, it fuels us!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:03 pm »

at the new water display ideas... I like a and b, can't really decide which I like better...

question, which one will cause an additive darkening effect through deeper water? I think it would look cool if deeper water will appear darker through multiple water layers.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: August 15, 2010, 11:05:14 pm »

at the new water display ideas... I like a and b, can't really decide which I like better...

question, which one will cause an additive darkening effect through deeper water? I think it would look cool if deeper water will appear darker through multiple water layers.
Currently I think neither would. A darken-with-depth effect is reasonably easy to code, but letting people customise the behaviour makes things tricky, and it is necessarily slower. I seem to recall one of the devs mentioning simulating volumetric depth effects, but I could be completely off.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: August 15, 2010, 11:14:48 pm »

the current water has volumetric depth effects, actually, but it doesn't go darker, just more blue.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: August 16, 2010, 04:05:24 am »

....aaaaaaand page 254! <phew!><wipes sweat>

Yes, so I just read through 254 pages of Stonesence goodness. Just wanted to say keep up the good work Japa & Solifuge !! Hopefully Jonask & Kaypy will be back for some supportive words soon (and a helping hand at bringing the new version to fruition ;P)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3791 on: August 16, 2010, 05:36:25 am »

Hehe I'm here, never left ;) I'm just lurking for the moment as I've got some fortunate and some unfortunate business going down on the private, but I expect things will calm a bit in a few months.

Japa and I are in constant contact about where to take the next release, and he's the one doing the active development atm. I mostly just answer emails ;) The code is in very capable hands with him, and remember you can always contact me directly if there's anything urgent.

Cheers guys :)

P.S. Solifuge, I love the stuff you've been showing us. We're trying to come up with some CPU friendly ways of implementing them. If only i was a bit more clever :p

Supersquee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: August 16, 2010, 12:44:56 pm »

I found someone with the same problem as me 50 or so pages back but not a fix, not sure if it is fixable or whether I missed the explanation or what, but when I start up Stonesense a number of the letters are missing in a seemingly random order. Though the same each time it seems.

It's whole letters that are gone, and while I can make sense of a few of the words I can't read all of them which obviously creates a problem, any ideas?
The problem with finding badassery in DF, is that the standard is so damn high.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #3793 on: August 16, 2010, 08:29:55 pm »

I think the developers should have this brought to their attention. From the "What turns you off about DF?" thread:

3. The 2D view. If you could play from the Stonesense window it would have been awesome.

I'm starting to get the impression that there may be a large number of people out there who think that Stonesense is made by Toady, or something. That's probably not helped by the Lazy Newb Pack. I'm not saying that this is the dev's fault, or that it's the LNP's fault, or that the LNP is bad or anything - It's just that this is occurring.

This has been a problem of sorts from the start of graphic packs...let alone visualizers....and its not so much a problem as it is misinformation and people not paying attention. For now it will be fine....when money starts getting diverted from toady...then we have an issue

A crazy idea. Could Stonesense -send- keyboard and mouse events to Dwarf Fortress? If it could, it could serve as a general graphical wrapper for it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:34:13 pm by Zaratustra »

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: August 16, 2010, 08:34:33 pm »

Control from Stonesense is an all-around bad idea, best-case scenario people start to rely on it and DF becomes a secondary worry.  Perhaps a disclaimer on the splash-screen that it's just a viewer and has no connection to Toady.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 379