Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698694 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2565 on: February 23, 2010, 01:18:46 pm »

Well the memory you gave me sorta worked, I'm getting yellow blocks in a lot of places.... is that a side effect of missing stuff or some change in the Memory.xml?
Yes, the building names are now determined by an automatic tool instead of done by hand and they are a bit different. The svn version of stonesense should have the proper building .xml files.
Here : http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/#svn/trunk/buildings

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: February 23, 2010, 05:02:29 pm »

Nope putting in the new XMLs (and the includes) didn't work, I still get yellow blocks everwhere,  did I miss something else. (I have no luck building from source as mentioned up top)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2567 on: February 23, 2010, 06:02:13 pm »

Nope putting in the new XMLs (and the includes) didn't work, I still get yellow blocks everwhere,  did I miss something else. (I have no luck building from source as mentioned up top)
Ok, then tell me a few things first.
What version of DF on which OS?

I'm still updating the memory file for 40d18, so if you use that, there might be bad things happening.
Also, what do you mean by 'yellow boxes everywhere'? Is it just buildings or the terrain as well?(probably the first thing I should've asked about)

Anyway, I'll try to update the current stonesense svn trunk for d18 support.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: February 23, 2010, 09:18:31 pm »

40d17 on Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit ... I was hyperbolizing when I said everywhere and I apologize.
 It seems to be focused around Workshops (Pumps as well) and over a Zone I got set for dumping..  as well as any bridge on the fortress.   Axels seem to be yellow blocks as well, um ... hold on let me check again...  Hatch Covers,... beds, so essentially anything that's built/designated... 'cept roads, floors and walls (ramps seem to work too)

So no the terrains seem to show up fine, I do have the updated ramps in it from one of the packs, and I think I put in the wall replacements

EDIT: wait may have saved the things wrong... let me get them via the SVN trunk and try again I think I see my mistakes.

EDIT2: yep I saved it wrong I must have missed the rest of the webpage code when I did "save link as" off the XML links...  it's working now, and sorry for all that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:26:03 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #2569 on: February 23, 2010, 09:29:01 pm »

OK. Seems to be a problem with the names of buildings in the various XML files not matching up properly.
I've done a quick build of stonesense with D17 and D18 offsets already included: http://dethware.org/StonesenseD18.zip
From the short testing I did, it seems to be fine.

There's also a Linux binary inside  for the *nix crowd (make sure you have allegro 4.2 and libpng14). Edit: I forgot to mention that the Linux binary is a 64bit one ~_~
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:25:59 am by peterix »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: February 25, 2010, 12:36:02 pm »

Question: At this point in Stonesense's evolution, is it entirely up to the users to fill out the last few missing sprites? Currently using a lot of metal ramps which are showing up as regular stone ramps; should I just go ahead and make my own, or will they eventually be forthcoming?

I'm also planning on recolouring the constructed stone object so that they look like the in-game colours ('realistic' looks bother me because then what looks cohesive in DF looks messy in SS), since I don't believe that's been released either, so I'll be posting that when I'm done and then asking for help on how to insert it into the game when I've finished with that.

Just re-asking this to see if I can get an answer. I'm not new to spriting, I'm just not sure how to lay it out and set up the .xmls and so on. Maybe I'll set up the recolours first and make some metal ramps and then come back to see how to set it up after.

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: February 25, 2010, 01:05:16 pm »

Question: At this point in Stonesense's evolution, is it entirely up to the users to fill out the last few missing sprites? Currently using a lot of metal ramps which are showing up as regular stone ramps; should I just go ahead and make my own, or will they eventually be forthcoming?

I'm also planning on recolouring the constructed stone object so that they look like the in-game colours ('realistic' looks bother me because then what looks cohesive in DF looks messy in SS), since I don't believe that's been released either, so I'll be posting that when I'm done and then asking for help on how to insert it into the game when I've finished with that.

Just re-asking this to see if I can get an answer. I'm not new to spriting, I'm just not sure how to lay it out and set up the .xmls and so on. Maybe I'll set up the recolours first and make some metal ramps and then come back to see how to set it up after.

might not be completely updated, but it should get you started

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Stonesense_%28visualizer%29#Modding_With_Stonesense

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #2572 on: February 26, 2010, 02:53:56 am »

Hey Retro, first off: Great job on those forts you've made, they're amazing :)

And to fill your question: I think you got the wrong frame here dude, Stonesense IS the users, and was pretty much made by the users in the first place. I wrote the initial clumsy code, but after that countless talented community members has made it the great project it is today. So in that respect; yes, it is up to us users, in the respect that there is no company or payed team that will do it for us :)

As people submit submit graphics or code it is up to us official devs to pull this into the standard SS graphics set, and alternative sets can be uploaded to the Stonesense Content Repository.

So if you wanna have a whack at some of it, I would be glad to help you with any questions you have :) Because, as Belal pointed out, the tutorial isn't as filled-out as it ought to be.

Cheers mate!

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: February 26, 2010, 10:14:08 am »

any word on new features/new version?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: February 26, 2010, 10:18:10 am »

possibly, possibly.

but some need a bit of polishing before getting released.

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2575 on: February 26, 2010, 10:42:58 am »

any word on new features/new version?

If you want to stay bleeding edge and are curious about the new additions to Stonesense, I recommend you learn how to compile the source found on the svn repository. Its actually really easy if you just want to compile the program yourself, since you wont change the code, no programming skills are required.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: February 26, 2010, 10:53:49 am »

bout the SVN.....I have compiled many SVNs for different things plenty of times......but this one baffles me....i cant figure out where it all goes wrong >.>

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2577 on: February 26, 2010, 11:04:22 am »

bout the SVN.....I have compiled many SVNs for different things plenty of times......but this one baffles me....i cant figure out where it all goes wrong >.>

I would be happy to offer some guidance, either state the errors or hop by #dfhack on freenode. In about an hour or so Ill be home from work and will indulge myself in some df happiness. Ill be in the channel by then.  :)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: February 26, 2010, 11:06:03 am »

Hey Retro, first off: Great job on those forts you've made, they're amazing :)

And to fill your question: I think you got the wrong frame here dude, Stonesense IS the users, and was pretty much made by the users in the first place. I wrote the initial clumsy code, but after that countless talented community members has made it the great project it is today. So in that respect; yes, it is up to us users, in the respect that there is no company or payed team that will do it for us :)

As people submit submit graphics or code it is up to us official devs to pull this into the standard SS graphics set, and alternative sets can be uploaded to the Stonesense Content Repository.

So if you wanna have a whack at some of it, I would be glad to help you with any questions you have :) Because, as Belal pointed out, the tutorial isn't as filled-out as it ought to be.

Cheers mate!

Hehe, it's all the same single fort, but thank you. I was mostly asking since there was some stuff like floors and walls that kind of came 'with' Stonesense, as initially added by I assume Solifuge, and I was mostly checking if that'd continue to happen. So I'm thinking (since I don't think the wiki stuff helped me >_>) that I'm just going to make my recoloured sprites in the same grid layout for floors/walls/etc. that they currently have and then post it here and get advice on how to get SS to read them from there. Once I have them all done I doubt it'll be too much trouble.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #2579 on: February 27, 2010, 10:14:54 am »

Hehe, it's all the same single fort, but thank you. I was mostly asking since there was some stuff like floors and walls that kind of came 'with' Stonesense, as initially added by I assume Solifuge, and I was mostly checking if that'd continue to happen. So I'm thinking (since I don't think the wiki stuff helped me >_>) that I'm just going to make my recoloured sprites in the same grid layout for floors/walls/etc. that they currently have and then post it here and get advice on how to get SS to read them from there. Once I have them all done I doubt it'll be too much trouble.

Most of the wall and floor stuff is Solifuge, yes. But like me I think he has a lot to deal with in his life these days (think he just got a new job he's really excited about) so I think it'll be some time till we see any massive contributions from him. But there are tons of other people chipping in, and every little bit helps :) Like I said the Content Repository is the best way to share home made stuff, and then we pull in stuff from there to the official release.

If you produce some floor sprites, I'll certainly do my best to help you integrate them :)
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 379