Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1685477 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New version out, june 7th
« Reply #3270 on: June 08, 2010, 11:47:30 pm »

Are you using vista?  I should have mentioned that my documents or documents and settings or Program Files are places you do not want to put it in vista.  Windows treats stuff in those folders special.  And that special treatment interferes in a bad way with every single program that didn't come with the computer I try to run there.  And a couple that did come with the computer.

If that's not the problem (and I'm not even sure Vista putting it's nose where it doesn't belong would cause that error anyway) someone else may have more insight.  I have never seen that error message before.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: June 09, 2010, 12:08:22 am »

try running both DF and stonesense as administrator.

Woof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: June 09, 2010, 05:05:07 am »

Are you using vista?  I should have mentioned that my documents or documents and settings or Program Files are places you do not want to put it in vista.  Windows treats stuff in those folders special.  And that special treatment interferes in a bad way with every single program that didn't come with the computer I try to run there.  And a couple that did come with the computer.

If that's not the problem (and I'm not even sure Vista putting it's nose where it doesn't belong would cause that error anyway) someone else may have more insight.  I have never seen that error message before.

Disable UAC completely, it makes vista feel a lot less special :)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: June 09, 2010, 06:45:08 am »

Just running in to say that Stonesence is fantastic. I works wonderfully for me, and it looks brilliant.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3274 on: June 09, 2010, 09:43:57 am »

Just running in to say that Stonesence is fantastic. I works wonderfully for me, and it looks brilliant.

Phew :) That's great to hear heh

I've seen the installation thing before, on another project, that time it was because dll's had to be registered to the system. It might be the local security settings?

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: June 09, 2010, 10:47:59 am »

Having some troubles with getting Stonsense to work. It immediately crashes after putting it on and getting the "Connecting to DF" screen. All previous versions have worked just fine for me. This is with the 0.31.05 and second release canditate of Stonesense on an XP machine.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #3276 on: June 10, 2010, 12:18:10 am »

Same problem here. Installed the latest DF version and stays in "connecting to DF". Win XP.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3277 on: June 10, 2010, 02:28:15 am »

belannaer,  Zorrilla: Thanks for letting us know. It's strange that it used to work with previous versions...

Does the new Slate work with older versions of DF for you, or is it just .05?

Also, do the dfHack tools work at all? I would have linked them, but the dfHack thread was deleted so I'm a little lost.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: June 10, 2010, 02:38:43 am »

Pretty sure I know what the problem is - the legacy version and the Baughn version of DF are considered different versions by SS, and legacy isn't supported. I've been using the legacy versions and couldn't get anything working, but testing the non-legacy I was. Try grabbing one of those and transferring the save over.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3279 on: June 10, 2010, 02:41:28 am »

I figured that would be obvious... that different versions are considered different versions.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: June 10, 2010, 02:42:20 am »

Well, when the release just says "works with 31.05" it doesn't say "only OpenGL 05 and not legacy 05," so it's worth mentioning.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: June 10, 2010, 03:45:03 am »

Memory.xml

ahoy! use this file to connect with DF 0.31.06

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #3282 on: June 10, 2010, 04:27:30 am »

Memory.xml

ahoy! use this file to connect with DF 0.31.06
The SDL version to be specific.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: June 10, 2010, 04:57:14 am »

SDL version of 31.06 (custom tileset and RAW if it makes any difference) and Stonesense RC2 from previous page + Memory.xml from Japa post
window XP

Starting the program, press F9 as requested and "Connecting to DF" is up for a second or two, then disappear and the stonesense window stay entirely black, the program seems frozen, can only kill it with CTRL+ALT+DEL

never tried Stonesense with any DF2010 version, but when i was playing with 40dx the corresponding versions of Stonesense worked for me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:27 am »

what does your stonesense.log say?  have you tried other graphics modes? what videocard do you have?
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 379