Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1692919 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3450 on: June 26, 2010, 12:33:55 pm »

That dog looks like he's either really annoyed, really sleepy, or currently pooping.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #3451 on: June 26, 2010, 09:57:16 pm »

... Also added tigermen, since they're now tameable...

Though from my experience if you have no water they wo'n't drink booze, and instead dehydrate and die, since they need to drink like real people and unlike animals.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #3452 on: June 27, 2010, 12:46:25 pm »

There was discussion and stonesense sounds some time ago, well, I went ahead and put together small utility to try it out, see here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60287.0

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3453 on: June 28, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »

Does anyone know of any harpy sprites?

Jordix: awesome wild animals pack. thank you!

edit: googling alerted me to this one by Deon that i just modded in.

http://i50.tinypic.com/4i0ac6.png

awesome.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:36:22 pm by Star Guarded »

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 30, 2010, 12:40:58 am »

Hey, quick suggestion (that I hope I'm not repeating from somewhere else in 50x70 posts...); would it be easy to make stonesense stop polling DF and/or drawing its client area when its window is minimized? Currently it seems to continue using most of a CPU core when minimized.

Thanks for the awesome :)

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:48 am »

You can make it stop updating by changing its refresh rate (-/+ keys) to 0.0
If you know this and just want it to automatically stop refreshing when minimized, and then continue when restored, then I suppose that would be convenient.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: June 30, 2010, 07:09:15 am »

Just curious, sorry if its been mentioned previously its a big thread to read through. But how hard would it be to have stonesense relay key pressed from stonesense to DF and in effect play DF through stonesense?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: June 30, 2010, 08:14:12 am »

it'd doable, actually. but none of the active devs are interested in that particular feature.

note: I'm the only active dev, more or less :D

gavento

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 30, 2010, 06:28:48 pm »

I managed to make stonesense compile under Linux (Ubuntu 10.04). Unfortunately, the program crashes just after start, complaining about several missing memory definitions ("current_menu_state" is the first).

Some addresses are not defined for any Linux 31.x version (in Memory.xml), some are there for 31.04. The missing addresses seem to be necessary for stonesense - providing fake ones/the ones for 31.04 results in crash. DFHack utilities use just the defined subset of adresses and work as expected.

I used DF_linux 31.08, Allegro libraries from ubuntu allegro packages.

Anyway, to compile on Linux, it is currently (svn-ro r832) necessary:
  • create local variables of type ALLEGRO_COLOR for colors created by al_map_rgb(...) in Block.cpp and GUI.cpp
  • replace itoa() with sprintf() (itoa is not in C++ standard and gcc does not have it)
  • fix some include filenames (linux is case-sensitive)
  • add SpriteObjects.cpp and SpriteColors.cpp to source list in CMakeList.txt
  • remove al_set_system_mouse_cursor() command from main.cpp (crashes when run, I have no idea why)

DFHack has to be compiled separately (no problems there) It makes sense to replace the 'dfhack' directory by a link to dfhack.git/library/ but might not be necessary. You can point cmake to the dfhack library with " -D LINK_DIRECTORIES=..../dfhack/output". If you do not compile debug version of dfhack, modify library list in stonesense CMakeList.txt to use just "dfhack".

Running ./stonesense then opens Allegro window, writes "Connecting to DF ..." and exits complaining about missing memory definition in Memory.xml

Pity that using wine+stonesense and linux DF can't help me ;-)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: June 30, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »

Quick question: How can I make water look darker instead of tropical? It's nice against natural settings, but I want to tweak it to look more glacial.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can see how the water and ice don't really... mesh well.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: July 01, 2010, 09:18:59 am »

Quick question: How can I make water look darker instead of tropical? It's nice against natural settings, but I want to tweak it to look more glacial.

Just saying. In all honesty, the ice needs the tweaking, not the water.
* Solifuge makes a mental note

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: July 01, 2010, 09:33:21 am »

Any news on solving the crashing problem? I tried all the rendered options and I got it barely working. I can view some of the levels from my fort but when I try to view the ground level where majority of my fort is located the program immediately crashes. Naturally it is the part I am actually interested to see with the visualizer but no luck with that currently. Could there be so much stuff in there that Stonesense cannot handle it and explodes?

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: July 01, 2010, 12:31:44 pm »

I managed to smuggle a screenshot of stonesense (undergrotto map) in this magazine http://www.ed-diamond.com/index_misc.php, issue #50.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: July 01, 2010, 06:22:12 pm »

I managed to smuggle a screenshot of stonesense (undergrotto map) in this magazine http://www.ed-diamond.com/index_misc.php, issue #50.

http://www.ed-diamond.com/feuille_misc50/index.html
Page 17

Took me a couple seconds to figure out how their website worked since I don't speak the language. :P
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: July 01, 2010, 09:47:09 pm »

Just saying. In all honesty, the ice needs the tweaking, not the water.
* Solifuge makes a mental note

I agree. It looks too gray and not bluish enough at the moment. Some transparency might also help?
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 379