Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1685756 times)

sparr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3600 on: July 24, 2010, 03:01:09 am »

Does anyone have a memory.xml for 31.10 or 31.11 on Linux? I can't find any entries newer than 31.06 anywhere, although this thread is long enough that I may have overlooked some.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: July 24, 2010, 09:08:01 am »

i just use notepad. still works a charm when you need batch files, html, xml, javascript, or most anything that doesn't require a compiler.

Doing all this stuff can be very intimidating sometimes. Sometimes it's that little bit of peace of mind that makes things start to get easier. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: July 24, 2010, 12:58:18 pm »

Went ahead and uploaded an actual XML file to dffd for those who can't or don't know how to make XML files.

Find it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2795

Just to be clear -- I just copy/paste this into my stonesense and dFhack directories, over the existing memory.xml files?

sparr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: July 24, 2010, 04:25:10 pm »

I managed to make stonesense compile under Linux (Ubuntu 10.04). Unfortunately, the program crashes just after start, complaining about several missing memory definitions ("current_menu_state" is the first).

Some addresses are not defined for any Linux 31.x version (in Memory.xml), some are there for 31.04. The missing addresses seem to be necessary for stonesense - providing fake ones/the ones for 31.04 results in crash. DFHack utilities use just the defined subset of adresses and work as expected.

I'm right there with you. I got dfhack and stonesense compiled, but those missing addresses are stopping me from running stonesense.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: July 24, 2010, 06:02:18 pm »

Went ahead and uploaded an actual XML file to dffd for those who can't or don't know how to make XML files.

Find it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2795

Just to be clear -- I just copy/paste this into my stonesense and dFhack directories, over the existing memory.xml files?

Yep, that's all there is to it. That's why I uploaded it. Have fun!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Valathil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:18 am »

31.12 XML up for grabs here!
That was easy, no new memory locations just a new checksum.  :)

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: July 25, 2010, 04:48:18 pm »

YES!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: July 25, 2010, 08:17:27 pm »

See, this is what I get for having a job in the middle of the afternoon. I miss all the fun.

sparr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: July 26, 2010, 09:14:25 pm »

With some help from peterix on IRC we managed to find a few of the addresses and offsets required to get Stonesense working on Linux with 31.10. I've been told that the two GUI addresses probably aren't mandatory, so the next thing we need to find is building_custom_workshop_type.

Code: [Select]
        <Address name="current_menu_state">0xffffffff</Address>
        <Address name="view_screen">0xffffffff</Address>
        <Address name="buildings_vector">0x92eb068</Address> <!-- from sparr -->
        <Offset name="building_custom_workshop_type">0x164</Offset> <!-- WRONG! -->
        <Address name="custom_workshop_vector">0x93302e8</Address> <!-- from peterix -->
        <Offset name="custom_workshop_name">0x4</Offset>
        <Offset name="custom_workshop_type">0x8</Offset><!-- from peterix -->

I know that most people are running .12 now, so maybe I'll try with that soon, but for now I'm going to keep going on .10 since I've already invested so much time in getting it to work there.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: July 27, 2010, 07:34:50 pm »

I'm having an issue getting this to work with 31.12. I got the memory.xml file, and Stonesense recognizes DF, but it says 'no map loaded' even when one is. I also got a similar problem with Dwarf Therapist when I added the new checksum.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: July 27, 2010, 08:10:26 pm »

If you try downloading my Lazy Newb Pack (linked in my sig), it has the .xmls installed correctly and works for most people. Try that and see if it still doesn't work. Then you can know if its user error or something else.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: July 27, 2010, 09:29:16 pm »

cool. that was odd. None of the utilities worked when I got them myself. But they all work in the pack.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: July 28, 2010, 02:39:33 pm »

Is there anyway to turn of looping?
When my trade caravan came, the sound for it started loopnig over and over again...

Granite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: July 29, 2010, 10:48:51 am »

Is there anyway to turn of looping?
When my trade caravan came, the sound for it started loopnig over and over again...
Wasn't this supposed to be posted in Soundsense's thread?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: July 29, 2010, 11:09:03 am »

I'm happy to report that I got the crashing bug fixed, so the next version won't have it.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 379