Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698831 times)

schplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5040 on: June 05, 2011, 02:11:38 pm »

Looks like the Linux build is broken.  Looks like attempting to make attempts to compile the Windows binaries.

First I got:

In file included from /home/splat/stonesense/stonesense/Block.cpp:1:0:                                                         
/home/splat/stonesense/stonesense/common.h:13:34: fatal error: allegro5/allegro_ttf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

This was fixed with ln -s ./allegro/allegro5/ ./allegro5 from the stonesense root.

Next pass produces:

/home/splat/stonesense/stonesense/allegro5/platform/almsvc.h:19:16: fatal error: io.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

io.h is a Windows header, not to mention msvc refers to MS VC.

I have all the libs that are claimed to be required:

allegro5-devel-5.0.0-3.fc15.x86_64
zlib-devel-1.2.5-3.fc15.x86_64
libpng-devel-1.2.44-3.fc15.x86_64
cmake-2.8.4-1.fc15.x86_64
make-3.82-4.fc15.x86_64
gcc-c++-4.6.0-7.fc15.x86_64

Any thoughts on how to build from here?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: June 05, 2011, 02:36:48 pm »

don't use the h files that are in the stonesense directory. download and build allegro yourself.

the ones in the stonesense dir are only for windows, and even then only for MSVC 2005

schplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:56 pm »

Good call, blew away the allegro directory completely (already had the allegro devel stuff).  Also needed to add:  CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/home/splat/dfhack/peterix-dfhack-da2fb1c/library/include as well as copy /home/splat/dfhack/peterix-dfhack-da2fb1c/build/libdfhack.so to /usr/lib64 (tried doing LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but no gusta, the copy worked)

So now it builds all the way, but X doesn't like it:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  129 (XFree86-VidModeExtension)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines)
  Value in failed request:  0x17
  Serial number of failed request:  35
  Current serial number in output stream:  35

Probably because I'm using TwinView?

Edit:  Definitely.  I'm using Twinview's Rotate, which disables XRandR, which is required to launch stonesense.  Going to see if I can get XRandR to rotate this screen, but I haven't had luck with that in the past.  For desk space issues, I've got 2 1680x1050 monitors rotated 90 degrees (so basically a 2100x1680 display).  I'll write I full install guide, and if someone wants to update the compile for linux doc, that'd be good imo.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:30:19 pm by schplat »

schplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: June 05, 2011, 07:55:44 pm »

Linux Build instructions! (This is good as of DF 31.25, DFHack 0.5.14, and Stonesense Slate v2.3).  This was performed under Fedora 15, so YMMV with Ubuntu/Arch/etc.

1. Download DFHack and build it:

https://github.com/peterix/dfhack (this will have a file hash in the filename, so I'll use wildcards and/or tab completions to fill in for that piece)
Click Downloads, the under Download Source, click .tar.gz
mkdir ~/dfhack
mv ~/Downloads/peter-dfhack* ~/dfhack
cd ~dfhack
tar zxvf peter-dfhack*.tar.gz
cd peter-dfhack<tab complete>
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
make
arch (looking for .i686 or x86_64, basically 32-bit or 64-bit)
if 64-bit:
  sudo cp ~/dfhack/peterix-dfhack*/build/bin/libdfhack.so /usr/lib64
if 32-bit:
  sudo cp ~/dfhack/peterix-dfhack*/build/bin/libdfhack.so /usr/lib

2. Install allegro5 and devel libs needed

sudo yum install allegro5 allegro5-devel allegro5-addon-ttf-devel allegro5-addon-image-devel allegro5-addon-dialog-devel

3. Download Stonesense and build:

cd ~
svn checkout http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk stonesense
cd stonesense
rm -rf allegro
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=~/dfhack/peterix-dfhack<tab complete>/library/include make

DONE!  Should be able to start stonesense with ~/stonesense/stonesense &

Enjoy.

Vanzetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: June 06, 2011, 02:22:34 pm »

Hello.

I get lots of purple shapes where, I quess, names should be. Any idea how to fix it?

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: June 06, 2011, 10:31:53 pm »

Hello.

I get lots of purple shapes where, I quess, names should be. Any idea how to fix it?

If you resize stonesense while it is loading, the magenta=clear seems to fail.
Try resizing before hitting F9 or waiting untill it's finished loading before resizing.

Otherwise, a picture might help to understand the problem.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: June 08, 2011, 09:11:09 am »

is there a reason why there isn't a color specification for dacite? all other rocks have their custom color in the colors folder but dacite...

I assume that since it doesn't have a color it defaults to the pure white color specified in the colors.xlm for inorganic, right?

The same happens with clay bricks, the clay types have custom colors in the soils file, but the bricks default to white...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: June 08, 2011, 09:28:18 am »

yeah, anything without an entry in the xml file is pure white.

making your own entry is easy as all hell.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: June 08, 2011, 11:29:25 am »

yeah, anything without an entry in the xml file is pure white.

making your own entry is easy as all hell.
yeah, but what color should they be anyway?? is there any logic to the colors they choose for the stones in stonesense?

like for example dacite in-game is supposed to be light gray, but other stones that also are supposed to be light gray have a rainbow of different colors in stonesense...

And what about the bricks? what color should they be? a darker or lighter version of the clay's color? how do you define the bricks colors? I have plenty of examples for rocks and such, but not one brick as a guide... I was thinking they should be like stone blocks but I couldn't find a definition for blocks either, I assume they use the stone color somehow... which brings the question why doesn't it do the same for bricks with the clay color?

Karthas077

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: June 08, 2011, 11:33:28 am »

So I'm having a ton of trouble getting this to work... Initially when I started the program, nothing would pop up, but the icon would appear on my taskbar. Alt-tabbing shows the appication running, and I can see it in miniature,but trying to switch to the program did not allow me to see it. I thought maybe it was frozen, but upon further examination, I discovered that I can get the program to display my fortress, but I can still only see the tiny Windows 7 preview window while Alt-Tabbing... I can't actually see it >_>

In case what I have just said does not make sense, here is a link to the best view I can get:

What shows up while alt-tabbing is all there is. Using task-manager to "switch to" or "Bring to front" does absolutely nothing... But I know it's running and the image is there!

Please help DX

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:36:27 am by Karthas077 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: June 08, 2011, 11:50:31 am »

yeah, but what color should they be anyway?? is there any logic to the colors they choose for the stones in stonesense?

like for example dacite in-game is supposed to be light gray, but other stones that also are supposed to be light gray have a rainbow of different colors in stonesense...
I did an image-search of all the rocks in the game, and chose colors based off of what I could find. it took weeks.
And what about the bricks? what color should they be? a darker or lighter version of the clay's color? how do you define the bricks colors? I have plenty of examples for rocks and such, but not one brick as a guide... I was thinking they should be like stone blocks but I couldn't find a definition for blocks either, I assume they use the stone color somehow... which brings the question why doesn't it do the same for bricks with the clay color?

bricks are probaly a different material. turn on debug mode in stonesense and see what it shows.

So I'm having a ton of trouble getting this to work... Initially when I started the program, nothing would pop up, but the icon would appear on my taskbar. Alt-tabbing shows the appication running, and I can see it in miniature,but trying to switch to the program did not allow me to see it. I thought maybe it was frozen, but upon further examination, I discovered that I can get the program to display my fortress, but I can still only see the tiny Windows 7 preview window while Alt-Tabbing... I can't actually see it >_>

In case what I have just said does not make sense, here is a link to the best view I can get:

What shows up while alt-tabbing is all there is. Using task-manager to "switch to" or "Bring to front" does absolutely nothing... But I know it's running and the image is there!

Please help DX

Hm... it's possible it's opening off-screen for some reason. hover your mouse over the stonesense icon on the taskbar, and when the thumbnail pops up, right click on it and chose 'move'. that may help.

Karthas077

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: June 08, 2011, 12:01:21 pm »

Both the Move and Resize options move my mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen, but it won't let me move it. I've tried moving my taskbar to other sides of the screen just in case it was getting in the way, but that didn't help either : /

Also, maximizing, minimizing, or any sequence of those two commands coupled with move/switchto/etc do not work as well.

Any other ideas?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: June 08, 2011, 12:08:30 pm »

No clue.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 08, 2011, 01:21:02 pm »

I did an image-search of all the rocks in the game, and chose colors based off of what I could find. it took weeks.
bricks are probaly a different material. turn on debug mode in stonesense and see what it shows.
how do I turn on debug mode? in the readme there are commands to use in debug mode but no how to get there in the first place

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:27 pm »

change init.txt

there's lots of goodies there.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 379