Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1692156 times)

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5055 on: June 08, 2011, 03:33:08 pm »

All, right I got it working, the bricks are CERAMIC_EARTHENWARE by the way, it just a matter of deciding which color looks best....  :P

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: June 08, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »

Linux Build instructions! (This is good as of DF 31.25, DFHack 0.5.14, and Stonesense Slate v2.3).  This was performed under Fedora 15, so YMMV with Ubuntu/Arch/etc.

1. Download DFHack and build it:

https://github.com/peterix/dfhack (this will have a file hash in the filename, so I'll use wildcards and/or tab completions to fill in for that piece)
Click Downloads, the under Download Source, click .tar.gz
mkdir ~/dfhack
mv ~/Downloads/peter-dfhack* ~/dfhack
cd ~dfhack
tar zxvf peter-dfhack*.tar.gz
cd peter-dfhack<tab complete>
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
make
arch (looking for .i686 or x86_64, basically 32-bit or 64-bit)
if 64-bit:
  sudo cp ~/dfhack/peterix-dfhack*/build/bin/libdfhack.so /usr/lib64
if 32-bit:
  sudo cp ~/dfhack/peterix-dfhack*/build/bin/libdfhack.so /usr/lib

2. Install allegro5 and devel libs needed

sudo yum install allegro5 allegro5-devel allegro5-addon-ttf-devel allegro5-addon-image-devel allegro5-addon-dialog-devel

3. Download Stonesense and build:

cd ~
svn checkout http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk stonesense
cd stonesense
rm -rf allegro
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=~/dfhack/peterix-dfhack<tab complete>/library/include make

DONE!  Should be able to start stonesense with ~/stonesense/stonesense &

Enjoy.

This nearly worked, however, these packages aren't available to me through yum (what is yum anyway? Isn't apt-get the same thing?):
No package allegro5 available.
No package allegro5-devel available.
No package allegro5-addon-ttf-devel available.
No package allegro5-addon-image-devel available.
No package allegro5-addon-dialog-devel available.

~/stonesense/stonesense & gives me 'cannot load font: DejaVuSans.ttf'. It's in the folder with stonesense's main application, however. Terminal says SS can't find the init file, but init tells it to look for that font, so maybe the error is unrelated/doesn't affect anything? That seems to indicate that init can be read.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:48:57 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: June 08, 2011, 11:15:00 pm »

Quote from: wikipedia
Dacite is intermediate in compositions between andesite and rhyolite
So I used the colors for andesite and ryolite, averaged them and got a color in-between for dacite:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Add this to the file:
Code: [Select]
\Stonesense Slate v2.3\colors\Colors_Stone_Layer.xmland you'll get colored dacite like this:

Now, with the ceramics:
Create a file named:
\Stonesense Slate v2.3\colors\Colors_Ceramic.xml and copy this into it:
Also add the following line
Colors_Ceramic.xml to the
\Stonesense Slate v2.3\colors\index.txt file.
Now between the
<colors></colors> tags add the following:

For Earthenware:
and you'll get colored earthenware like this:

For Stoneware:
and you'll get colored stoneware like this:

By the way, are the glazes detected at all? the 3 statues you see in the pic are earthenware, earthenware + ash glaze and earthenware + tin glaze, but the debug makes no distinction between them...

Enjoy! Feel free to include these in the next release if you like them.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:23:29 pm by Kaos »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: June 09, 2011, 04:27:49 pm »

I...I needed this.  I have a surface fort going that builds half the structures out of earthenware bricks. (The rest like walls and the central keep are granite)  It looked bizarre with all those buildings being white.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Karthas077

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: June 09, 2011, 06:11:37 pm »

If anyone ever figures out how to fix the problem I'm having... (See up like.. 6 posts) I would greatly appreciate being informed >_<

It still seems really bizarre. I'm going to see if it's my computer or my install this weekend when I go home.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: June 09, 2011, 08:35:52 pm »

What happens if you right click on the taskbar, select move, then leave the mouse alone and hold down arrows on the keyboard for a bit?

schplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: June 10, 2011, 10:09:36 am »

This nearly worked, however, these packages aren't available to me through yum (what is yum anyway? Isn't apt-get the same thing?):

~/stonesense/stonesense & gives me 'cannot load font: DejaVuSans.ttf'. It's in the folder with stonesense's main application, however. Terminal says SS can't find the init file, but init tells it to look for that font, so maybe the error is unrelated/doesn't affect anything? That seems to indicate that init can be read.

yum and apt-get are similar, but quite a bit different in what packages are available, since your distro controls what's available.  Fedora makes these available.  You're gonna be stuck building allegro5 manually from source.  You can't load the font, because the addon-ttf-devel package isn't there to build off of.

Allegro's wiki shows a how to build on Debian based distros.  I'd start there.

Karthas077

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: June 10, 2011, 12:37:10 pm »

What happens if you right click on the taskbar, select move, then leave the mouse alone and hold down arrows on the keyboard for a bit?

Just holding down the arrow keys did absolutely nothing, but after I did so however moving the mouse brought the window up as it was then tied to the mouses' location and not dependent on me dragging it.

I have no clue what was going wrong still, and this happens every time I open the program, but it's working now!!!
I can only conclude it is opening somewhere very very very strange and far offscreen.... which doesn't make sense but I'm not going to question it DX

Thank you so much.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: June 10, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »

Just holding down the arrow keys did absolutely nothing, but after I did so however moving the mouse brought the window up as it was then tied to the mouses' location and not dependent on me dragging it.

I have no clue what was going wrong still, and this happens every time I open the program, but it's working now!!!
I can only conclude it is opening somewhere very very very strange and far offscreen.... which doesn't make sense but I'm not going to question it DX

Thank you so much.
That's Windows for you... (this is Windows right?)  Whenever I need to move a window that's in a bad spot (I keep my taskbar up top and some idiots like to open their programs at {0,0}) I need to select move, nudge it one pixel with my keyboard, then move the mouse to get the window movement to "link" to the mouse cursor.  If I do not use the keyboard, the window will never detect my mouse position and never move.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: June 10, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »

yum and apt-get are similar, but quite a bit different in what packages are available, since your distro controls what's available.  Fedora makes these available.  You're gonna be stuck building allegro5 manually from source.  You can't load the font, because the addon-ttf-devel package isn't there to build off of.

Allegro's wiki shows a how to build on Debian based distros.  I'd start there.

Just built it and compiled again, no dice. Is the font stuff included seperately?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: June 10, 2011, 03:36:46 pm »

make sure you are compiling allegro 5 with all addons

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5066 on: June 10, 2011, 03:39:57 pm »

make sure you are compiling allegro 5 with all addons
Exactly. Use ccmake instead of cmake - make sure you have all the reqired stuff turned on in there. And check the cmake output - the build system will tell you when it can't find optional libraries. You may be missing some -dev packages. For example the one for freetype.

schplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: June 10, 2011, 04:25:14 pm »

Just built it and compiled again, no dice. Is the font stuff included seperately?

Yes.  Building all addons is the safe bet, but all that was required for me was ttf, dialog, and image.  Building on additional addons may help if additional addons are later included in Stonesense.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5068 on: June 10, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »

Yes.  Building all addons is the safe bet, but all that was required for me was ttf, dialog, and image.  Building on additional addons may help if additional addons are later included in Stonesense.
Oh, dialog needs the gtk dev libs! It won't build without them.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: June 11, 2011, 07:11:01 pm »

I built allegro5 with all optional dependencies, dfhack 0.5.15, and then stonesense in Ubuntu 11.04.
I got the font not found error by running with
~/stonesense/stonesense &
I was able to run stonesense without the font error using
cd stonesense
./stonesense
A window opens and then crashes almost imediately after connecting to dwarf fortress is shown.
The following is shown in the terminal.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 379