Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696483 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2009, 08:09:59 am »

Holy crap, this is pure awesomeness in a +Tin Can+.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

roBurky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2009, 11:36:35 am »

I'm guessing if Stonesense says 'No map loaded' in the top right, then it isn't working?

Edit: Ah, it needed the latest version of DF.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:56:49 am by roBurky »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2009, 03:54:13 am »

Eenteresting. Very eenteresting.

Chonker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2009, 02:47:26 pm »

Wonderful, graphical style suits the game perfectly.  Bravo indeed!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2009, 04:05:48 pm »

First of all, amazing project.  I think it might just be something that will actually get me back into DF before the new release actually comes out--something I didn't think would be possible.

A couple of questions though:
1) Does Stonesense have any ability to show actual dwarves/other critters yet?  I don't see one yet, but the original pics had them, so that would be neat to implement to see in a future (hopefully soon) version.
2) Would it be possible to fill the screen with the display (rather than just a smaller cube) as an option?  Granted, you wouldn't be able to see underground structures as clearly, but it would lead to a more seamless display on the current level.
3) Auto-refresh?  I can hold down R if need be, but a feature to turn this on/off would be nice too.  My machine is plenty powerful to run the auto-refreshing stone sense along with the 40d16 build of DF.

Anyways, great project!  I'm going to have to keep more of an eye on this.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2009, 09:58:28 pm »

Wow... just wow... this is amazing!

Only complaint I've got is that I can't enlarge the view/zoom out.  The fortress I've got at the moment is more than a little spread out, which makes it a little hard to really get a good look at ATM...
Never mind, I found the settings, Janus' suggestion for making it fill the screen would definitely make it even better though.  Perhaps only fill the entire screen if it's set to the single-layer view?

None-the-less, very, very well done, this is beautiful!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:04:45 pm by timmeh »
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Nordic dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2009, 10:22:38 pm »

posting to keep track of where this is going, i like it so far. it would be great if i could use something like this as the default user interface.
This is a witty signature.all craftsmanship is of the highest quality.it menaces with spikes.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2009, 05:56:58 am »

Here's the latest: We're opening up everything.

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/

Stay tuned

Radtoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2009, 06:44:48 am »

Here's the latest: We're opening up everything.

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/

Stay tuned

Awesome! I hope this goes a long way - including to native linux, of course... :p

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2009, 07:02:07 am »

Of course ;) all we need is someone to compile it for linux. It shouldn't be much work to adapt it....

BTW, I will be on IRC (#bay12games @ irc.newnet.net) for immediate feedback, so drop by :)

All the code has now been checked into the Google Code repository. I know some of it is half complete, fuggly and hackish, and now it's out there for everyone to see. I believe this is the best way to keep the project clean, and inspire and recruit resourceful developers out there.

The very best,
- J
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:28:10 am by jonask84 »

Taal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2009, 05:22:14 pm »

Does this mean your not working on, or working on but to a lesser extent, this project?

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2009, 05:26:27 pm »

No no no, I'm working on it right now. Big press pot of coffee going.

Just means the code looks like shit ,)

Beefree

• Bay Watcher
  • [FURRY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2009, 05:48:23 pm »

This is awesome... I can't wait to see the actual finished product with all the object graphics.

I demand to see an Isometric view of Urist McRecruit's dead body laying in my lake filled with Carp.
Dwarven immaterialism: If a burning dwarf falls in a fortress, and everyone is On Break, is there smoke?

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2009, 08:57:49 pm »

No no no, I'm working on it right now. Big press pot of coffee going.

Just means the code looks like shit ,)
Indeed :( I tried getting stone sense to compile in linux but it was pretty difficult. I ended up giving up after an hour or so of messing around with it. I did get it farther by grabbing the latest SVN of dfhack and putting that it in place of your "hacked" version, but my attempt to make a cmake file for this project was pretty pitiful.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:35 pm »

May I suggest making either the bushes or the trees a lighter/darker shade of green?  It looks great at the moment, but in a large clump of trees/bushes it can be hard to tell the two apart...

Absolutely loving this though, I'm going to try hooking my computer into my brother's TV later and see if I can run this, auto-updating, on one screen (can it auto-update?  I thought I saw something to that effect...) and DF on the other...

Amazing work though, looking forward to watching this progress... I'll have to download the source later and see how much of it I understand...
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 379