Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698742 times)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2009, 07:13:24 am »

@IDreamOfGiniCoefficient: Those look really good, I especially like the bag. I'll add some logic and put them into the engine, see how they look :)

@Impaler[WrG] and CobaltKobold: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I was playing with a scheme for replacing certain RGB values and autogenerating various materials. It's on my list :)

About the water thing: I've made some updates, following dyze's suggestion, and it looks really nice. I'm also considering a fix for the 'pancake waterfall' issue.

But at this point it really comes down to the fact that we need more artwork.

Would people be interested in a list of sprites needed? I could whip that up...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2009, 08:46:29 am »

While I think fixing pancake waterfalls would be good, most fixes are probably going to require some fancy recognizing, since there're nine or somany cases- though most should be easy to draw, since it's just different boxes, and you already have the full box (7/7) to steal faces from.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

TauQuebb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2009, 08:48:17 am »

A list of needed sprites would be great, would their positions on the main tileset be included?

Ive done some sprite art before in the past, but not much for DF.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2009, 08:57:56 am »

We can guess at a lot by whats in the image file vs whats in DF. A list of high priority stuff would be useful though...

Heres a first attempt at chains and ropes. Not terribly happy with it, but its better than a yellow box until someone can do a better job.

Would workshops best be done as individual tiles or as one big block?

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2009, 09:01:42 am »

TauQuebb, I'll make a list then :) As for positions in the tileset, they could, if that would help.

kaypy: awesome! I agree, anything's better than the yellow boxes. Larger buildings we do as individual tiles. That way we can also reuse sprites (like some workshops can have tables in them)

I will be on IRC for a time now, on #dfhack at freenode.net
If any of you have time to stop by, I could clarify a few things

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2009, 09:12:36 am »

@Impaler[WrG] and CobaltKobold: Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I was playing with a scheme for replacing certain RGB values and autogenerating various materials.
Possibly might want to do something strange like having two-channel graphics for the paletted ones- fg/bg, since materials do (I'm pretty sure) all have a pair of colors..e'en if they are just out of the 16-color palette.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2009, 09:51:02 am »

OK, having a play with workshops

Since workshops have a combination of floor tiles and impassable tiles, I thought it might be best to have some sort of standard border plus whatever 'building' tiles are appropriate for the workshop type.

After a quick detour to pillage shamelessly from the Visual Fortress thread, heres my take on a kitchen. Or at least my rendition of Grey Hunters take on a kitchen...

(The lighter pink tiles are just to help me keep track of floor space, and should be replaces by a solid block)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2009, 11:28:40 am »

Here's a take on a (ie Grey Hunter's) carpenters shop. And some miscellaneous bits and pieces.

Just don't ask me how that circular saw works. 8-)

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2009, 11:55:03 am »

I have gotten this to compile on Linux, although it needed a few source changes to do so.  I unfortunately can't get regular dwarf fortress to run on my machine, so I can't test that it is loading the maps correctly, but the stone sense program starts properly.

The main things you have to change are capitalization issues in some of the dfhack header files you changed, as well as some include directives.  In addition I had to install the allegro libraries before compiling, they are available at http://alleg.sourceforge.net/

get the stonesense source with svn checkout http://stonesense.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ stonesense

then do the following steps

the incorrect filenames are

in dfhack/libraries
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and in the base directory

at the top of DFTypes.h and DFCommon.h

in dfhack/libraries/machtypes.h

then build dfhack with cmake as per the dfhack instructions, goto the dfhack/output directory and move the libdfhack.so file into your system lib directory

Next you use sprintf_s and fopen_s in GUI.cpp and xmlBuildingReader.cpp, these are VC++ only functions, but you can change them to the portable sprintf and fopen.

In GUI.cpp

and in xmlBuildingReader.cpp

after that create a Makefile, here is mine

You have to change the library and include paths into the proper places for your distribution in the above makefile

then type make and it should compile!

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2009, 12:17:32 pm »

And a smelter (magma and regular use the same layout)

Hmm. Does a smelter have a bellows, or would that be the forge only?

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2009, 01:19:34 pm »

And a smelter (magma and regular use the same layout)

Hmm. Does a smelter have a bellows, or would that be the forge only?

Course, to actually smelt something even requires higher temparatures than blacksmithing.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2009, 01:22:17 pm »

a smelter would have a bellows. In fact it'd need one much more then a forge would since it takes a lot more heat to melt iron then it does to mold it.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2009, 01:59:16 pm »

a smelter would have a bellows. In fact it'd need one much more then a forge would since it takes a lot more heat to melt iron then it does to mold it.

I ninja'd you.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2009, 03:15:37 pm »

I sort of wonder why you didn't check out the code and make the changes yourself, Belal.

I have gotten this to compile on Linux, although it needed a few source changes to do so.  I unfortunately can't get regular dwarf fortress to run on my machine,
you're referring to 40d, I assume? Or did you try 40d16?
Just don't ask me how that circular saw works. 8-)
How does that circular saw work?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:22:51 pm by CobaltKobold »
Tilesets

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2009, 03:27:50 pm »

Excellent work kaypy, I'd really like to see what that edging effect looks like in game.  I would drop the circular saw from carpentry workshop.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 379