Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696546 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2009, 11:52:37 am »

I really like that windmill! It looks quite Dwarven.

I bring you gifts:

Spirit of Fire, and a dear, sweet, mischievous Fire Imp.
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2009, 11:53:34 am »

Well, you could go the cute and cuddly route. But the threatening beast angle seems more appropriate for the Dwarf Fortress universe. The players have an undeniable penchant for the dangerous.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2009, 12:01:48 pm »

Well, you could go the cute and cuddly route. But the threatening beast angle seems more appropriate for the Dwarf Fortress universe. The players have an undeniable penchant for the dangerous.

Alright, good point. I was just joking around anyway. But we do have one little problem, he's too big:
http://www.uploadgeek.com/share-D123_4AE87024.html

See how his little legs are poking into the ground?
Because of the isometric perspective...
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2009, 12:03:34 pm »

I'll take a shot at chopping him down tonight.

Edit: I found the time now. These are fun.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:43:04 pm by IDreamOfGiniCoefficient »

frumpton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2009, 12:08:59 pm »

I added a new bear to my original post but will make new posts for any others I make.

Also, are those sweet windows going to be in the next version? I made a castle with tons of them just so I could see it in stonesense  ;D

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2009, 03:11:22 pm »

Personally, I love the those sprites. But ... the monkeys are SCARY AS HELL ... and for unknown reason the new bear reminds me pedobear.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

Voligne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2009, 03:21:14 pm »

Could this be bound to the Fortress viewer in the database? That way we could look at OTHER peoples awesome constructions in this isometric utility.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2009, 03:56:09 pm »

When's the next update  :)?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2009, 04:00:22 pm »

CARP

Batman

Win win!?

By the way, this is how snake men should look:

: D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:04:24 pm by tefalo »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2009, 04:25:16 pm »

So, 7cents, how does this translucency tweak to your windows look?  (.jpg at the moment -easily fixed later)

I not sure if they show quite enough of the other side the way I did it, but I can change that easily.
They look a bit lighter if you right-click to view the image by itself, with a white background.  The frames should look the same, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #280 on: October 28, 2009, 04:26:51 pm »

Might I suggest having some sort of external file that tells the program what graphic to use for what creature?  While I'm not using any mods at the moment, I'm watching several that I may try soon, and I'd really like to be able to see the creatures in them, even if I have to create my own graphics.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 28, 2009, 04:38:48 pm »

Might I suggest having some sort of external file that tells the program what graphic to use for what creature?  While I'm not using any mods at the moment, I'm watching several that I may try soon, and I'd really like to be able to see the creatures in them, even if I have to create my own graphics.
I'm scrambling to make Stonesense more mod-friendly, so you can add the sprites to the game without having to wait for a rebuild.
Sounds like it's partly planned.

So, for one, I think that being able to parse DF's own init and graphics files (for its creature graphics) would work well as a fallback, and having them in the same format would GREATLY help porting mods (and graphics packs associated) into Stonesense.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 28, 2009, 05:22:18 pm »

jonask84:  You should post a png the height and width you want and with a diamond shaped magenta area at the bottom showing ware the floor tile will line up with the graphic.  Artists can then use this as a template and reference as they will know not to put any part of the creature graphic below that diamond, its also handy for making sure the creature appears centered in the tile.  SimCity 2000 used a similar system in an editor that allowed you to pixel paint new buildings.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2009, 05:42:24 pm »

linking isotopic for own reference
jonask84:  You should post a png the height and width you want and with a diamond shaped magenta area at the bottom showing ware the floor tile will line up with the graphic.  Artists can then use this as a template and reference as they will know not to put any part of the creature graphic below that diamond, its also handy for making sure the creature appears centered in the tile.  SimCity 2000 used a similar system in an editor that allowed you to pixel paint new buildings.
ah, SCURK.

It's easy to do yourself. Center four pixels on the bottom row, expand by four per row you move up.

Anyway, just take a floortile from Sol's sample tileset.
I like it how that looks a fair bit, actually.

If it would be of any use, I would happily donate a set of Isometric tiles I made at that perspective:

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 28, 2009, 07:08:43 pm »

Thats a pretty good description for whats going on. You currently [in the svn build] have to paste everything into the one png file, but the configuration is just xml tweaking.

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/wiki/AddingCreatures

jonask84:  You should post a png the height and width you want and with a diamond shaped magenta area at the bottom showing ware the floor tile will line up with the graphic.
It's easy to do yourself. Center four pixels on the bottom row, expand by four per row you move up.

Anyway, just take a floortile from Sol's sample tileset.
I'm pretty sure Sol's set is where stonesense started off from- those look awfully familiar 8-)

That multicoloured wireframe on the right would make a pretty exact reference

Oh, by the way, even without svn software or building your own version of the app, you can see where things are up to by heading to the google code browser and pulling out image and xml files. (they wont run in the a2 stonesense, but they still give you an idea of whats going in)

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/

When's the next update  :)?
If you're desperate enough you can try to follow some of the 'build it yourself' guides, but if you wait a bit longer, jonask mentioned hoping for a weekend update
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 379