Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698861 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #825 on: November 13, 2009, 08:19:53 pm »

One issue?

The Red Circle could have been what you included as "Fine"

Why are the dogs soo huge? What in the world is that small creature?

Why is that Dwarf's head penetrating the sides of the wagon?

I am guessing a lot of the later improvements for this mod is actually the appearance.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:21:25 pm by Neonivek »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 13, 2009, 08:27:38 pm »

The dogs are huge because they are standing next to 4-foot tall dwarves, and are based on images of a breed of Nordic hunting mastiff that vikings used to employ. Its the sort of dog a Dwarf would breed, to rip through their enemies.

That, and all critters have to fit in a 32x32 box, since a single tile has quantum length, width, and height. :P

EDIT: The better part of the graphics are temporary stand-ins (The wagon, the donkey, the dwarf, etc.). There are literally thousands of sprites needed by this project, and only a handful of artists.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 08:45:11 pm by Solifuge »

ClavusElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 13, 2009, 08:28:04 pm »

Ahahahha I lost it, I can't stop laughing, I was implying that the wall circled looks like it needs to be built but in the reg DF window it's built.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 13, 2009, 08:35:02 pm »

I like the miniature donkey, myself.  It feels appropriate to dwarves somehow.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 13, 2009, 08:50:55 pm »

The Dogs are a bit too extreme to the point of being rediculous... but I guess it is a taste thing.

I'd dip my hand in artist but I have no idea what needs to be done and I have very limited ability.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 13, 2009, 09:15:55 pm »

I have to agree, I approve of large dogs for dwarves, but the current ones are going to be the same size as the elephants and hippos once those get drawn. A slight reduction may be in order.

@ClavusElite, that's a single tile of rock wall in the corner, though, right? So the weird appearance is just from mix-and-matching your components, rather than a bug?

ClavusElite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 13, 2009, 09:31:12 pm »

Nope, not rock. Wood.

glueheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 13, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »

Perhaps it's the black background and all the gory dismemberment, but I always considered Dwarf Fortress to be a rather dark game.

The color and cheeriness of these graphics is certainly an interesting new way to look at the game.

Grif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 13, 2009, 09:49:19 pm »

That's what I like so much about it: you can have bright colours AND dismemberment!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 13, 2009, 09:50:11 pm »

... maybe with creepy rectangular pupils, like in a goat's eye.
I thought it was hourglass or kidney-shaped.
A possible compromise between Cutebolds and Scarybolds?

My inspiration
Those're some cute/radical kobolds. The newer ones look closer to the minigoblins though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

pubby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 13, 2009, 10:42:35 pm »

Nice program.
Really looks good!

I made a new statue -- didn't really like how it looked in my outdoor statue garden (no offense). Is it possible to have different statues depending on if they're above ground or below ground? It would be great to have gardeny statues for indoors and more sculture-like ones for the inside. (and besides, mine graphic's a bit too tall for the ceilings :S)

Also, would it be possible to make doors have their material under them? It looks bad when they'res mud under my doors.

I know it might be somewhat stupid to say, but I can make some more simple graphics if you guys need anything. Dunno about people though.

Hyptosis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lorestrome
« Reply #836 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:07 pm »

I made this just for giggles, not to actually be used. Iso art is mindblowingly hard for me, but I'm just not used to it. Also I know if I was doing this for anything more than fun, some serious color adjusting would need to be done to keep the dwarf from mixing into the background. But I wanted to share regardless.

"Everyone in time has said, there comes a time to join the dead."

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 13, 2009, 10:54:42 pm »

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 13, 2009, 10:56:34 pm »

I made this just for giggles, not to actually be used. Iso art is mindblowingly hard for me, but I'm just not used to it. Also I know if I was doing this for anything more than fun, some serious color adjusting would need to be done to keep the dwarf from mixing into the background. But I wanted to share regardless.

oldgamefiles?
anyway, looks like a nice miner. Dunno if he'll blend so badly on Stonesense's tiles.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Hyptosis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lorestrome
« Reply #839 on: November 13, 2009, 10:59:49 pm »

oldgamefiles?
anyway, looks like a nice miner. Dunno if he'll blend so badly on Stonesense's tiles.

Ahh, oldgamefiles kinda became my sprite/tile directory, I'd rename it but there are literally hundreds of links to it all over the net, I'd hate to make them 404.
"Everyone in time has said, there comes a time to join the dead."
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 379