Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696465 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - The isometric visualizer, official thread
« Reply #1275 on: November 22, 2009, 01:30:25 pm »

It may be because I'm using a simple texture, and a comparably high-res one (80x80). If I were to switch to a smaller portion of the texture, and apply some overlay as Jadael did, I'd have nice-looking ramps and things.

3D rendering is a nice way to do this stuff, since it's fast and pretty and produces immediate results. Exactly how it'll look in the game is still a question though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 22, 2009, 02:13:48 pm »

Whew, I did all of the common professions (i.e. none of the nobles, etc.).
Spoiler: Spoilered for size (click to show/hide)
I think that the thresher and miller's stalks of wheat that they are holding need to be changed, along with the bellows that the furnace operator is holding.
Next up is the nobles, and then the female versions of everything, and then the military.
Is there anything that needs to be clearer? Or is there any profession that I missed?

Lookin' good Jarathor.  I think you're missing the engineer, mechanic, siege operator, pump operator and siege engineer.  They're red coloured in the game.

Add your dwarves to the wiki (you don't need an account) http://stonesense.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf_Sprites.  It has a complete list of all the dwarf professions.  Alternatively if you provide a list of what each dwarf is, i can tell you which sprites you're missing and post them to the wiki myself.  Keep up the awesome work sir.

Peteł

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 22, 2009, 03:12:13 pm »

OK, I'm probably just being stupid here. I grabbed the latest Stonesense source, grabbed Allegro as binaries (didn't work), grabbed Allegro as source (and suggested minimum DX libs) and somehow compiled it all myself (C++ Compiling = Voodoo).
Stonesense runs and tells me it's looking for DF - as expected - but ends throwing an exception once I hit R with a 40d16 fort loaded up. Same with starting DF first, then Stonesense.
Using MSVC2008 here.. any blatant errors I'm obviously making?

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #1278 on: November 22, 2009, 03:36:05 pm »

Pete, nope nothing pops out. See if you can get it running in debug mode and try to locate the crash. Send me a message if you figure it out :)

BatCountry

• Bay Watcher
  • We can't stop here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 22, 2009, 04:12:29 pm »

OK, I'm probably just being stupid here. I grabbed the latest Stonesense source, grabbed Allegro as binaries (didn't work), grabbed Allegro as source (and suggested minimum DX libs) and somehow compiled it all myself (C++ Compiling = Voodoo).
Stonesense runs and tells me it's looking for DF - as expected - but ends throwing an exception once I hit R with a 40d16 fort loaded up. Same with starting DF first, then Stonesense.

It does that if you try to compile from the included .sln file.  You need to grab cmake and then run the appropriate build batch file from the build folder for it to compile correctly.  Why? I don't know, but I had the same problem.  Probably linker options.

Steps to compile from scratch:
1) Grab and install CMAKE
2) Download trunk from SVN.
3) run "generate-MSVC-2008.bat" (or whatever's appropriate for your version) from the "build" folder.
4) Observe that it created a "build-real" folder.
5) Open the "stonesense.sln" in that folder.
6) Clean then Build the program.
7) Copy the DLLs, the "buildings" folder, the images, the XML files (UpgradeLog.XML is not necessary) and your compiled "stonesense.exe" into your stonesense folder.
8) Have fun.

Jadael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 22, 2009, 04:55:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, sheet one of three(ish).

If someone wants to redraw the bump maps to be a more pixel arty style, I can use them directly on this sheet.

I'm making some isometric reference objects too, since people seem to have so much trouble with the perspective.

EDIT: Isometric reference:

The top row is all as tall as the box will allow. Notice most of them do *not* fill the entire "safe area". This is because of how the perspective works. The current beds, for example, are taller than the cube even though they're still inside the safe area.

The second row is half height. (Except for the teapot and dwarf.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 05:27:21 pm by Jadael »
~ T

Peteł

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 22, 2009, 06:14:01 pm »

It does that if you try to compile from the included .sln file.  You need to grab cmake and then run the appropriate build batch file from the build folder for it to compile correctly.  Why? I don't know, but I had the same problem.  Probably linker options.

Steps to compile from scratch:
1) Grab and install CMAKE
2) Download trunk from SVN.
3) run "generate-MSVC-2008.bat" (or whatever's appropriate for your version) from the "build" folder.
4) Observe that it created a "build-real" folder.
5) Open the "stonesense.sln" in that folder.
6) Clean then Build the program.
7) Copy the DLLs, the "buildings" folder, the images, the XML files (UpgradeLog.XML is not necessary) and your compiled "stonesense.exe" into your stonesense folder.
8) Have fun.

^-- Although I still find it quite of a hassle to install so many little tools just to compile one program, this should none the less become part of "ON COMPILING.txt".

The finished Stonesense.exe ended up in the /Debug and /Release folders, from where I copied them into the base folder as obtained via SVN - the Release version crashed while scrolling the loaded map (upon subsequent starting, crashes immediately - see spoiler for probably useless Call Stack), the Debug version runs flawlessly. Awesome.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 22, 2009, 09:55:41 pm »

Lookin' good Jarathor.  I think you're missing the engineer, mechanic, siege operator, pump operator and siege engineer.  They're red coloured in the game.

Add your dwarves to the wiki (you don't need an account) http://stonesense.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf_Sprites.  It has a complete list of all the dwarf professions.  Alternatively if you provide a list of what each dwarf is, i can tell you which sprites you're missing and post them to the wiki myself.  Keep up the awesome work sir.
I do have them - I can see now that they just aren't as red as they should be. They're under the guy with the grey cog/wheel/gear in his hand. I'll change the color before I put them up on the wiki. I'll throw up a profession list that corresponds to what I've got tommorrow.

The professions look very good and nicely fit the theme.  Is it really important to have a female version?  Would be nice to have but not essential I would think.  Great work!!!

Yoj
Thanks! Well, the female versions aren't essential, but once I make a template it'll be pretty simple to do them all.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:58:58 pm by jarathor »

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 22, 2009, 11:17:32 pm »

Don't suppose anyone's done catapult or ballista yet?

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 23, 2009, 12:43:04 am »

Don't suppose anyone's done catapult or ballista yet?

Nope  :).  Does Stonesense have 3 states for the catapult/ballista?  I know in ascii you can see them empty, loaded and firing but i'm not sure if DFHack can tell the difference.  In either case, they're open to be sprited.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 23, 2009, 12:45:52 am »

Other question: does DFhack understand direction yet for ballista?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Seuss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 23, 2009, 12:53:23 am »

Treeeessss

Nope  :).  Does Stonesense have 3 states for the catapult/ballista?  I know in ascii you can see them empty, loaded and firing but i'm not sure if DFHack can tell the difference.  In either case, they're open to be sprited.

Stonesence adds stuff as it goes along. If we had the sprites for the 3 states then it will be added in. Shrubs weren't coded till I did them and same goes for these trees.
“Reality is that part of the imagination we all agree on”

Xandrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 23, 2009, 01:05:53 am »

Treeeessss

SEUSS!  I...you...how...THOSE ROCK.

Seriously...holy <expletive deleted>.  All of those sprites only took you like, 4 days!
My wolf still looks retarded, his eyes are too far apart.

Stonesence adds stuff as it goes along. If we had the sprites for the 3 states then it will be added in. Shrubs weren't coded till I did them and same goes for these trees.

But AFAIK Stonesense can only see what DFHack can see.  So if DFHack can't tell the difference between loaded/unloaded then Stonesense can't either...so only 1 sprite gets displayed.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 23, 2009, 01:19:00 am »

Top hole trees, I say.

Well, making the ballistae in their...12...states would incentivize coding it in, yeah.

: I mandate it!
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 23, 2009, 01:28:02 am »

Thanks for answering, and damn those trees are bitchin'. :)

I was asking because my next megaproject to celebrate windmills being in the next version of stonesense is a dwarven airship... be nice if ballistae and catapults showed up.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 379