Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696552 times)

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - NEW VERSION OUT RIGHT NOW: Stonesense Granite
« Reply #2025 on: December 16, 2009, 09:18:15 pm »

Some people have trouble unpacking rars resulting in truncated directory structures and hence no graphics.

This catches enough people out that we build the installer- try that and see if you still have problems.
(or just figure out what went wrong in the rar unpacking)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: December 16, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »

Some people have trouble unpacking rars resulting in truncated directory structures and hence no graphics.

This catches enough people out that we build the installer- try that and see if you still have problems.

Odd... the installer worked no better, BUT I did get the graphics to start working by putting Stonesense's containing folder at my drive root:  C:\Stonesense Granite\init.txt, etc.

I really have no idea why this would be the case. But there it is.

Also: Thanks so much for building Stonesense, guys! This thing makes me very happy.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #2027 on: December 17, 2009, 04:39:44 am »

Odd... the installer worked no better, BUT I did get the graphics to start working by putting Stonesense's containing folder at my drive root:  C:\Stonesense Granite\init.txt, etc.

I really have no idea why this would be the case. But there it is.

Also: Thanks so much for building Stonesense, guys! This thing makes me very happy.

Hmm, I have a sneaking suspicion.. What folder did you put it in when it didn't work?

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: December 17, 2009, 04:28:16 pm »

I think Stonesense might have a problem with snatched children.

No one's been near my river in years after it was overfished, yet Stonesense shows two stationary children near the river. It was my fisherdwarves who had their children kidnapped due to lack of protection that far out, so it makes sense to me. So they're still there in spirit!

I'll throw in a screenshot when I have time after finals tonight.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: December 17, 2009, 04:31:50 pm »

Hmm, I have a sneaking suspicion.. What folder did you put it in when it didn't work?

Oh goodness me, do you really want such a window into my horrible organizational skills?

C:\Documents and Settings\Foaloke\Desktop\desktop\Distractions\games\new\df\df_28_181_40d16_win\Stonesense Granite

If ever there was an un-truncated directory structure, that is it 0_o  It worked just fine for previous Stonesense releases, though.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: December 17, 2009, 06:43:02 pm »

New release = Awesome.
Everything is working perfectly for me. It'll be great to see all of the new content people will make now that there's a place to post stuff.
Great work to all who have helped put this together.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 17, 2009, 08:16:27 pm »

C:\Documents and Settings\Foaloke\Desktop\desktop\Distractions\games\new\df\df_28_181_40d16_win\Stonesense Granite
Ah yes, that would blow out the filename buffers. (The file handling is a bit more complex these days, and needs to become an absolute path at some points).

I do test for buffer size (hence it not messily crashing), but I guess I need (a) larger buffers and (b) better feedback on failure

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 17, 2009, 11:20:43 pm »

Here is the Stonesense snatched child ghost screen.
Started DF paused, so Stonesense is updated in the shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zulban is the dwarf in question. You can't quite see the where the other Stonesense child should be in the DF screen, but he also is no longer in the fort.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 11:22:46 pm by yougiedeggs »

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #2033 on: December 18, 2009, 02:48:50 am »

Zulban is the dwarf in question. You can't quite see the where the other Stonesense child should be in the DF screen, but he also is no longer in the fort.

Thanks yougiedeggs, I've seen this before myself too... Seems to happen with all kidnapped children, so I'm going to add it to Known Issues.
Hope he's not too much in the way, and that you can still enjoy Stonesense :D

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 18, 2009, 05:57:28 am »

I think Stonesense might have a problem with snatched children.
Yes, the problem is that we have no way to distinguish a non-present, kidnapped child from an actual present child. So its either draw extra children or none.

Actually, there may be something hacky I could do to try to distinguish them, but I would need a save file for testing first...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 06:01:20 am by kaypy »

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2035 on: December 18, 2009, 08:12:47 am »

just popped in to say - this project is great.

ive been running it in a box above a long skinny DF window, and its great being able to sit and watch my dwarves dig out the rooms i have just designated, or run around fighting chasm creatures. having the window slaved to my dwarf fortress view is what has gotten me wanting to use stonesense, i can easily navigate around and look at exactly what i want.

even previously boring things like a dwarf assembling a workshop suddenly becomes very interesting.

so, well done.

dephelis

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 18, 2009, 08:43:29 am »

Excellent utility.

Forgive me if this has already been asked (not in the mood for a 136 page catchup), but are there any plans to make the window resizable by dragging the window border?

Also, when setting the window size to something along the lines of 1280x1024, most of the bottom portion of the screen is background. The top corner of the viewable area is cut off by the window title bar rather than shifting down to fill the available vertical space.

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:01 am »

is there a way to set the follow mode offset outside of the program?
Adjusting the LIFTSEGMENT entry in the init.txt file works nicely for this purpose, so all's good.

And dephelis, I believe this will fix your issue as well.  Try experimenting with the value.

Edit: Also, there is an error in creatures\Wildlife.xml.  The following two entries should read:
<creature gameID="FOX"     sheetIndex = 50 />
<creature gameID="TROGLODYTE"     sheetIndex = 52 />

instead of:
<creature gameID="FOX"     sheetIndex = 70 />
<creature gameID="TROGLODYTE"     sheetIndex = 72 />
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:05:23 am by Khalan »

dephelis

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 18, 2009, 11:54:01 am »

Thanks Khalan.

I had played around with a few of the init.txt settings, but seem to have missed the significance of LIFTSEGMENT  :-[

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 18, 2009, 12:26:35 pm »

I beleive this is the same as the issue where magma dunked goblins spawn flaming items on your cage traps.
It seems to be a result of the code used for capturing a creature, which, as far as I can tell: leaves the creature in place, freezes the creature, and does something hacky to hide the creature untill is is relocated by killing the goblin/opening the cage.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 379