Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Failuretraded the Stream of Tears [Community]  (Read 1472 times)

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
Failuretraded the Stream of Tears [Community]
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:49:52 pm »

Hello all! Time for me to start one of these community forts, I hope I'm basing it on a unique idea somehow.

I shall reveal the "plot" when you have chosen a dwarf each. Although the title might be a hint...

There's 6 dwarfs to choose from, and you may only choose military skills!

____

The sun was shining, Lawec smiled and inhaled the fresh forest air. He quickly began coughing up dust, and one of his guards started spewing vomit all over the place. The great caravan from the Mountainhomes were heading back from a new outpost. Heading home, carrying only a few items, including a pickaxe, they were all happy. Lawec looked at his 10 guards, all moving alongside the many wagons. His thoughts went to Urist, waiting back home for him. Smiling to himself, he started counting all the bauxite crafts they had received from the trading.
It began to get dark, the sun was consumed by the mountains in the horizon. The caravan entered a dark part of the forest. The bushes and trees began to look more and more corrupt. Lawec slowly became more aware of his surroundings. The guards had done the same. A scream was heard from one of Lawec's fellow traders. The guards quickly rushed down to find out what had happened. Several undead creatures rose out of the bushes at that moment, Lawec panicked.
"HELP ME!" he screamed.
One of the guards came running and tackled a skeleton, which soon turned into a heap of bones.
Five other guards ran up to the front again, one of them looked terrified.
"There's simply too many of them! It's hopeless! The others have ordered us to escape, they will sacrifice themselves for us!"
Another guard looked startled when he heard it, "What do you mean about escaping? We are dwarves, not sissy Elves!"
Lawec said slowly, "They are sacrificing themselves for our sake.. Now, let's get moving!"
After forcing the animals to drag the wagon faster, it ended up breaking down. Now, the seven dwarves were stranded in a hostile environment, with only useless trinkets to ward off the dangerous animals roaming around.

The Journal of Lawec
This is our first day in this accursed forest. None of us has ever worked before, and I really have no idea of how we should survive out here. We only have one pickaxe, luckily, the outpost didn't buy all the food we were bringing... I hope we can survive long enough to be saved.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:37:52 pm by Lawec »
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Failuretraded the Stream of Tears [Community]
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:37:09 pm »

Maybe you should reveal the plot first so we can relate the dwarves to it..

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:18:19 pm »

Well uh, alright, it was supposed to be a "surprise" ::)
Just updating the OP now ;D
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:15:35 pm »

Legon, the proficient crossbowdwarf/competent shield user/wrestler
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:00:25 pm »

May I join?  ;D

Abriel, the mighty Lancer.

Proficient Speardwarf/Proficient Armor user

rosedrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 06:16:45 am »

Rosey. female if you can. proficient hammerdwarf/armor user/shield user/novice swimmer.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 06:21:20 am »

3 more dwarves and we're ready to go :D
And Rosedrake, I'll make sure you get a female dorf  ;)

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 09:52:19 am »

Ravus, a pure wrestler
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:43:55 pm »

ascubis male. hammerdwarf. wrestler.

killaconcarnage

• Bay Watcher
  • ROBOFISH
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 09:48:01 pm »

Ruic
mace lord 

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 06:21:23 am »

All dwarves has been taken now!  ;D
I'll continue shortly.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 06:57:37 am »

1st of Granite
Lawec Reinedrack

We continued running, losing armour and weapons along the way. When our wagon broke down, we only had a crossbow, axe and two hammers. I fear we might not survive... I shall try and delegate work for them, I hope they are able to do what I tell them.
I have told Abriel to mine, and Ruic to cut wood. Ruic complained and told she was "lord of maces", I think she might have meant "lady" but.. I am not sure. Let's hope they are able to carve out a place where we can stay.

7th of Granite
Lawec Reinedrack

Nothing has really happened so far. We have survived a week... It's quiet.. Almost too quiet.
I'm going to be our carpenter and mason. I hope I'll be able to create some beds and perhaps a small shack.

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 08:47:35 am »

Is there any kind of hills in the terrain or are we carving the ground?  :P

In any case, it looks like we won't have any problems with getting wood...

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 10:39:23 am »

There's some mountains, a brook, lots of trees and HFS somewhere on the map.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 09:38:29 pm »

I demand you magically create me a proficient hammerdwarf who is also a proficient armor user.

Or, y'know, migrants and sparring.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"
Pages: [1] 2