Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #3: Feedback  (Read 48222 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #3: Feedback
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 01:17:38 pm »

No worries.  Hope it's nothing too serious.

It's not really "implied". He specifically mentioned it in the spoiler dev_now update adventure thingy a while back, and explained it a back.

Clowns = demons.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:37:14 pm by Footkerchief »

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 01:25:36 pm »

mallocks cancels job: interrupted by illness

Apologies folk but there is no reasonable way I can get this done by the promised date (Monday) in my current state. 'Cancel' is an exaggeration but it is on hold for the time being, however I will still do my best to bring it out before too long; but after this time I don't want to set a precise date only to let people down again.

That's okay, Mallocks!  Get better soon!  Thanks for your hard work!  :D
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2009, 01:34:59 pm »

Did I hear Toady imply that there would be randomly generated clowns? I am so excited for this.

It's not really "implied". He specifically mentioned it in the spoiler dev_now update adventure thingy a while back, and explained it a back.
We know about those.  What's kind of new is that Toady promised randomly generated -Clowns-.  Not just carnies and ticket attendants like you described there.

Supermikhail

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf Of Steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2009, 02:38:29 pm »

Wait, wait. I am totally confused: some people say that clowns are evil beasts
Clowns?  No.  Evil denizens of the deep... yes.

You might know already, but "clown" and "funhouse" are the new popular terms for "demon" and "whatever replaces the glowing pits," respectively.

And I think I did catch the hint that Johnny Chthonic was talking about, but I'll wait for the transcript to check.  (mallocks, you are a hero)

Ya I know, I was just having fun with it too.  :) Who first came up with Clowns tho?

And others - that
Did I hear Toady imply that there would be randomly generated clowns? I am so excited for this.

We know about those.  What's kind of new is that Toady promised randomly generated -Clowns-.  Not just carnies and ticket attendants like you described there.
Because in the latter case my vote is kinda pointless already. I'd like to hear about professions. What would be Toady's profession in the Dwarf Fortress world? Especially with current profession assigning mechanics. Because in the real world, I guess, it belongs to the field of entertainment. But in game anyone with a profession like that is marked useless. And I feel sorry about poor dudes who have (are damned with) the tag "noble" and get viciously drowned in water/lava. And can't do anything about it.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 04:41:02 pm »

Oh, you mean the HFS-related ones, not just the megabeasts. Yeah, I can't wait to see what kind of crazy stuff the game will throw at us.

I'm kind of wondering how adamantine will be figured into it, since it's going to apparently be on a "grander" scale than the simple pits.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2009, 04:50:35 pm »

Some feedback for the hosts: the first half of the interview, where you're asking your own questions, feels stronger to me because there's more followup from the hosts, and generally more of a dialogue.  Obviously it's harder to follow up on somebody else's questions, so in my opinion you should feel free to pick the questions that you find personally interesting, without regard for whether they're more popular or relevant or whatever.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »

Some feedback for the hosts: the first half of the interview, where you're asking your own questions, feels stronger to me because there's more followup from the hosts, and generally more of a dialogue.  Obviously it's harder to follow up on somebody else's questions, so in my opinion you should feel free to pick the questions that you find personally interesting, without regard for whether they're more popular or relevant or whatever.

Thanks, Foot.  Good comment.

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2009, 06:55:11 pm »

I still have trouble hearing captain'tastic's voice, its much better then on the last two but his voice is aways the hardest to understand. I dunno if its his voice or the mic, I just had to say it because its probably the only real critic I have.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2009, 11:12:30 pm »

I still have trouble hearing captain'tastic's voice, its much better then on the last two but his voice is aways the hardest to understand. I dunno if its his voice or the mic, I just had to say it because its probably the only real critic I have.

I have a tendency to slip into monotone on phone/skype conversations, and that combined with wonky microphone and internet lag seems to reduce the quality sometimes.   During the recording breaks I'm constantly asking 'did I sound alright??'.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:30 pm »

I can understand your voice changing.

I either start yelling for no reason or start using a high pitched sing songy voice (Oddly I naturally immitate my mom when she is on the phone... UNFORTUNATELY I am male so reaching that pitch is unusual. There is a reason why people keep mistaking me for her)
-I seem to be having that problem in general now where I'll match the voice of the person I am speaking to. Which isn't unusual in it of itself but I do it to, too far of an extent.

Actually I was very tempted to join the popcasts but after remembering my yelling problem... I don't think it is a good idea :D

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2009, 01:09:37 am »

You know that eternal poll thing?

I suggest you do that with the questions.

I support this message

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2009, 06:49:33 am »

We don't seem to have a seperate thread (I rolled a 1 on me spot check maybe) for this so:

I <3 the dorf shorts!
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2009, 08:30:10 am »

I have a tendency to slip into monotone on phone/skype conversations, and that combined with wonky microphone and internet lag seems to reduce the quality sometimes.   During the recording breaks I'm constantly asking 'did I sound alright??'.

Well thankfully the formatting of the show is like 95% Toady, 5% you guys asking questions and such, so it's not that big of a deal

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2009, 05:04:49 pm »

re: Dorf Shorts #3:

Tha'ss Greeat! ;D
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2009, 05:18:13 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7