Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making a game.. help on story would be nice  (Read 1680 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Making a game.. help on story would be nice
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 11:59:27 am »

You should make this like master of magic : P

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 01:10:35 pm »

I would like to help with this project, it will be in C++ I assume? I have basic knowledge with OOC.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 01:15:20 pm »

The creation of an artifact of immense power can happen if certain people got together. Artifacts such as Flaming blades and stuff can affect stability for a while, but can give an upperhand at the end game provided they aren't lost.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »

I have plans for a game similar to this, but I will not say any further.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 02:49:25 am »

so are there any limits as to what you can see the future of?
Not really, but you don't see all possible timelines, only the current one. So if you screw a race, you end up seeing "anarchy", "anarchy", "anarchy" all the way to Year 1000. Or you might cause a race to stagnate into a farming community or something.

I would like to help with this project, it will be in C++ I assume? I have basic knowledge with OOC.

Thanks, but I'd rather work on it myself. It's going to be in Multimedia Fusion to allow easy graphical stuff, animations, etc, but story would be in Lua to allow easy modding. If this works, maybe I'll work with something bigger. I'd be happy to get a world map generation algorithm though. I could probably code this in a few weeks, but busy coding my thesis right now :P

BTW, I also really like the artifact idea. Can't believe I didn't think of that. It could be a good motivator to try and max out magic and warfare and have a bunch of crises pop up when the artifact does. I think I'll even make it a requirement to win the game; you have to create some other crisis before they'd invent the artifact, so the game isn't all about picking the 'nicest' solution.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 12:25:31 pm »

New event!

Balthizar the Alchemist has discovered an ingrediant that, when added to certain magical potions, enabled non-practitioners to develop their ability to useable levels. He still remembers being kicked out of the mages guild for being incompetant.

Do nothing
Balthizar distributes the potions around town, people let loose in the street, drunk on power, and many are killed, including the man himself. Promenant practitioners renounce their practisce, and fantastical progress is held back due to fear.
(-2 magery, -3 stability, -2 population, -3 comerce)

A. Mages guild sends an assassin.
Balthizar is killed, and the assassin sets fire to his notes. The assassin covers his tracks by setting the hovel ablaze, which burns the nearby houses, causing a great fire.
(-1 population, -2 comerce, eradicates plague if present)

B. Balthizar is urged by a friend to send the recipie to the ruler.
The ruler decides to reward Balthizar, and he handpicks court favorites to try the potion. People are displeased.
(+1 magic, -1 stability, triger for revolution)

C. Balthizar tries the potion himself.
Balthizar experiences a rare reaction from the potion, and fades away slowly engulfed in light. In his panic, he runs through the streets alarming people before fading away forever. The mages guild is accused of magical assassination and loses standing.
(-1 magic)
Pages: 1 [2]