Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: [.40d] Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)  (Read 64876 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.21!)
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2010, 01:04:12 pm »

For what it's worth only the humans have the [SIEGER] so they should be the only ones to camp outside of your fortress like that.  Must be a pathing problem?

and yeah frogmen are weak

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2010, 03:55:51 pm »

May I suggest you guys upload your maps so we can have a peek at them?

Also, if it was just siegeing, they would wander around the map, setting campfires. Supposively, they are just on the edge of the map.

"Edit" Dont giants have the [Sieger] tag also?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2010, 05:22:05 pm »

May I suggest you guys upload your maps so we can have a peek at them?

Also, if it was just siegeing, they would wander around the map, setting campfires. Supposively, they are just on the edge of the map.

"Edit" Dont giants have the [Sieger] tag also?
<- owned

yeah you're right giants have it too.

Once I had a siege stall out because it spawned on a hillside, and the fact that they had only one or two entry points somehow messed things up, could it have been something like that?  Regardless, I encourage people to upload maps.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2010, 05:31:33 am »

will do the next time I get a siege and it stalls.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2010, 10:04:23 am »

This mod is responsible for my first dead dwarf in over a year, good work!

DaReaper

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Spit the flesh, salt the wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:06 am »

requesting a DL-able fully set up version with graphic set, could find a working link when i breezed through.

in jus no good with setting at graphic set and alike
The only thing better then a fortress carved into a mountain, is fortress carved carved into the mountain with pumbing and mist generators at every corner!

Wat dose that switch do again, Mini Dwarf says pull!
Oh god! No wait, it was just the nobels.

DaReaper

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Spit the flesh, salt the wound
    • View Profile
Re: Relentless Assault (version 1.1 up!)
« Reply #306 on: March 16, 2010, 03:43:50 am »

Greetings, Nil!
I feel sorry for those who doesn't know or don't want to know how to place the graphics and text files together so I've made this version.
Also I felt like adding most stuff I play with, so tell me if you're interested in me making some addons.

This is your 1.1 with graphics (tileset from SFE, major races from Ranting Rodent, creatures from Sphr, other things from your download):
>>> temporary unavailable. <<<
It also features:
1) Uncut/deblock mod (Metalax). You can buy only blocks/cut gems from merchants, but with this mod you can turn them in raw material for moods.
2) Economical stones (Sean Mirrsen). Every stone may be toggled on/off for constructions/craft in the "z" menu.
3) Additional creatures (Deon). Just a bunch of creatures by me, they are not gamebreaking or overly weak, various undead and fantasy beings for fun. All are playtested.
4) Stonebed mod (Deon). You can turn any stone to a bed in a smelter, in case you lack wood or want your dwarves to sleep on stones. However such bed has a low value.
5) Elfcoal mod (Deon). You can burn any wooden armor pieces/weapons to charcoal in a smelter. Way to dispose of those elven belongings with a productivity.
6) Fishing industry (Deon). A very early version of my mod, currently it just adds liver oil to some fishes (codfish[new], sharks), caviar (black caviar for sturgeon and red caviar for salmon), adds a "dwarf wedgemussel" (because I like it :D) and a codfish (for cod liver oil), plus a few more extracts from mussels and such. Not a lot but still you should be able to process your fish better and have more food products.

Also I've went through all the raws and assigned special tiles to all the vermins so birds look like birds, flies as flies etc. (they are in SFE tileset, which was modified by me because I've added a few more tiles like a tile for small mammal vermins).

These small mods almost do not alter the gameplay, just add small useful things.

Oh, I forgot to tell, it comes shipped with DF Companion, DF Tweak, Dwarf Manager, Stonesense and Spellcraft (allows to encrust magical gems into things to generate mist, turn corpses in zombies, regenerate organs etc.).

I must say that I highly enjoy your mod. Thank you very much. I hope my "edition" is ok and you'll like it, I tried hard :D.

P.S. It's on Depositfiles.com and not on DFFD intentionally, I don't want it to sound like a "mod of your mod", it's just a compilation of your mod and minor additions which help the gameplay. If you're ok with it, I can upload it on DFFD later (with you as an author).

I would like such a prepackaged thing (its lazy sunday today) but I cant seem to find a download link. Did you remove it because thats 1.1 and 1.2 is now up? Or do my eyes fail me?

Edit: Found it here on DFFD.

Found it here so all cool
The only thing better then a fortress carved into a mountain, is fortress carved carved into the mountain with pumbing and mist generators at every corner!

Wat dose that switch do again, Mini Dwarf says pull!
Oh god! No wait, it was just the nobels.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 16, 2010, 12:12:31 pm »

Glad you found it, but keep in mind I don't think he's been updating--you may need to go in there and add the newest version yourself before you gen a new world etc

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2010, 02:15:26 pm »

By Amork! This mod is godly!
Normally a bunch of champions can take out a siege, but not here!
Lizzardmen siege; Lost 5 Campions! Legendary Wrestler/Shield user/Macedorfs
What a bloody mess! I just love it!
Military and Militia. It's horrible

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2010, 05:14:30 pm »

Damn, must have been a lot of lizards

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2010, 06:27:27 pm »

This mod is my favorite of the ones out here. I use it as a base and add onto it, taking whatever I like from other mods and combining them with this one, in addition to my own things.

I've added races from a few different mods. So far the full list is...
Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)

I do still find it easy to survive sieges though.
Spoiler: Because Of (click to show/hide)

I've since modded it to be more difficult by giving the evil races something fun to play with.
Spoiler: Reinforcments! (click to show/hide)

I'm a graphics only kind of person, so everything I add has working graphical sets.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Arni

• Bay Watcher
  • Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 24, 2010, 01:24:10 pm »

Damn, must have been a lot of lizards
1 Archesquad lead by a Legendary Crossbowlizzard and 1 Crossbowsquad lead by a Legendary Archerlizzard... And dorfs with only bone/leather armor & wooden shields with a few steel items from a caravan. Weapons (if not steel from the caravan) were bronze maces from frogmen... So i excpected a few losses, but never over half of my dwarves which results in a massive tarrantum spiral, sending 2 dwarves to melancholy and one to berserk

By the way:
Carps? Not that bad.
Elefants? They are actually rather peaceful
Saltwatercrocodiles? They like to eat migrantwaves! 14 migrants punching one (after it ate the first migrant, a Planter, after one hit) It chewed 4 to death, bit one the right lowerarm off and mangled an other ones lower body before my (remaining 3) champions arrived to rescue the migrants...
Well... 2 new Fortressguards migrated:D

Edit:
Those crocodiles are as fast as 'Very Agile' dwarves! D:

Edit2:
They can rout (and kill most of) a frogmansquad!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:53:54 pm by Arni »
Military and Militia. It's horrible

Endemion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2010, 07:55:41 am »

nil:
Any plans on updating this for the latest version?  This, Therapist and my graphics sets are what I consider absolutely necessary to play DF the way I like it.

I will wait for your answer, but I am modding it myself to work with the new tokens and such (it is that important to me  =P) but I of course won't release any modification without your authorization first.

Cheers!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2010, 06:30:34 am »

I come here and there's no new RA release?

RAEG D:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »

To answer your questions, I may eventually make this for the new version, but I'd need to be a lot more familiar with the new RAWs than I am at the moment and don't really have a lot of time in the near future.  Don't expect anything any time soon.

And sorry for the late reply, I was one of those whose latency issues made the forums unusable for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22