Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Secret Agent Mafia Discussion  (Read 6628 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Secret Agent Mafia Discussion
« on: October 17, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »

Agosto ran up the stairs. He quickly saw his floor, and burst through the door, pushing aside a married couple. He got to his door, and brutishly demolished the door with a swift kick. He ran in, then to his room, grabbing clothes and stuffing them in his suitcase. He turned to see Bill, another of the mafia.

"Bill, they're coming for us! There were after me, and nearly killed me! We have to leave, NOW!" exclaimed Agosto.
He turned to see the gun, and then, no more.

...Joe came through to see the wreckage. The door forced open, and the dead body, with the bullet through the head.
"Yep, just like I told ya, Frank. Third time this week. It seems there back, and back for blood..."

In this mafia, there is a group of townies, and group(s) of mafia. However, in those groups of mafia, there might be a Double Agent, who is working for the Townies, or another group of Mafia. There will be some regular power roles too.

Signups

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 05:13:57 pm by Org »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Agent Mafia
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 08:36:21 pm »

DA: easily the most broken role ever, even considering Ghost and Old Watcher from Paranormal.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 08:37:06 pm »

DA: easily the most broken role ever, even considering Ghost and Old Watcher from Paranormal.
How so?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:48 pm »

in those groups of mafia, there might be a Double Agent, who is working for the Townies, or another group of Mafia
This. What happens if there's a pro-town DA and only one mafia?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:44:09 pm »

in those groups of mafia, there might be a Double Agent, who is working for the Townies, or another group of Mafia
This. What happens if there's a pro-town DA and only one mafia?
They dont believe him as he cant prove it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:45:17 pm »

Lynch him. Day 2, you have your scum.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 08:47:51 pm »

Lynch him. Day 2, you have your scum.
Why would they believe him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 09:00:21 pm »

@Org:  the roleflip which will show them as a double agent.

You COULD hide it by making the person show up as 'mafia'.  However, since we know a DA exists, we'll probably try out the claim anyway no matter the flip.

Only way for the mafia to counter it is for all of them to act like Double Agents.  Of course, then the town can just kill all three.

Basically, you need a way to stop the DA from sacrificing themself 'for the good of the team'.

A workaround:

Make the double agent a SK.  That way for him to win he CAN'T expose himself since "person that knows all of the mafia" will mean "OMG SK!" and lynched he gets.

Alternative: give the double agent a Survive+town win requirement.  That'll make him want to help the town but eliminate the 'lynch me' option.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 09:02:50 pm »

You COULD hide it by making the person show up as 'mafia'.  However, since we know a DA exists, we'll probably try out the claim anyway no matter the flip.

Only way for the mafia to counter it is for all of them to act like Double Agents.  Of course, then the town can just kill all three.

Basically, you need a way to stop the DA from sacrificing themself 'for the good of the team'.

A workaround:

Make the double agent a SK.  That way for him to win he CAN'T expose himself since "person that knows all of the mafia" will mean "OMG SK!" and lynched he gets.

Alternative: give the double agent a Survive+town win requirement.  That'll make him want to help the town but eliminate the 'lynch me' option.

He will look like mafia on death.

There might not always be a DA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 09:05:31 pm »

A workaround:

...But then the DA will announce himself if there IS one, even if he looks like mafia.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 09:06:17 pm »

A workaround:

...But then the DA will announce himself if there IS one, even if he looks like mafia.
Why do you guys need to ruin all of my mafias? And they are not ALL for town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 09:10:17 pm »

What's a DA going to do for another mafia or even as a townie? That's what a mafia is. We're not ruining your mafias, we're trying to make sure they're balanced.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 09:13:04 pm »

What's a DA going to do for another mafia or even as a townie? That's what a mafia is. We're not ruining your mafias, we're trying to make sure they're balanced.
:-X

Meh. For another mafia, they cant implant ideas or spy to make sure they dont kill their own mafia, and as a townie, they would help the town win... yeah it seems too much.

What would you suggest

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:13:53 pm »

When I suggest a mafia, I typically start it off in 'discussion' so I can hear feedback about it.  It helped in Parallel since I didn't think up what to do when some people lose and some of the roles that were eventually added in.  It also helped make Religious more interesting (though still buggy).

Thus we're not trying to destroy your mafia.  Just try to balance it.

As for the matter of if the DA is there, the question isn't IF he shows, it's what happens IF he shows. 

Aka, how does the game occur IF the pro-town DA roles up.  It'll end up being a very quick match.

Pro-2ndmafia DA means the DA will tell their true mafia the names of the other side asap. 

I THINK what you're trying to get is a sort of traitor sort of role: a person that acts like they are pro-mafia but they really aren't.  I personally love the idea and think if you can keep the DA from babbling and force them to use other means to win it'll rock.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 09:16:06 pm »

I say give the DA Survivor+loyalside win status and you've done it.

Spies in RL wish to help their true side, but also don't want to die.  Thus they have to act in secret to make their plans work.

A Pro-town or Pro-EnemyMafia DA with a Survive+Pro-side-Win will give them exactly that. 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: [1] 2 3