Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Secret Agent Mafia Discussion  (Read 6782 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Agent Mafia
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 10:38:31 pm »

What if you added a guy who can inspect for roles?(I can't remember the standard equivalent)
Role Cop.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 10:40:58 pm »

What if you added a guy who can inspect for roles?(I can't remember the standard equivalent)
Role Cop.
Why... Why did I forget something so simple. >.<

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 11:04:31 pm »

wait, wait- would a Secret agent (Mafia to Mafia) get access to both chats?

Interesting points about secret agents: No longer does (a) mafia ha'e the auto-win scenario, as they need to find the agent in their midst(s)

Then again: "Mafia Boss: Clearly the boss is not a double agent. You are no longer useful. I assign myself the nightkill and kill [my mafiosos]."
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 11:22:43 pm »

Indeed. Double-Agents make things very... breakable. It happens any time someone has info they shouldn't due to conversion.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 09:30:32 am »

That's at end game, though.  If the mafia gets to the point of the 'auto-win' and the DA's still alive, the mafia still has a problem ahead.

3 townies, 2 mafia+ DA   Game hasn't ended.

Night:  Mafia boss kills mafia member when trying to get the DA

Day: 3 townies, 1 mafia + DA

DA SCREAMS: "Kill (Mafia boss!)"  Since there won't be a night the DA can do this safely (so long as they don't say who they are they don't break the 'secret' rule)

Town wins

Thus the mafia can't simply just kill all of the mafiosos.  They need to umm... anti-scumhunt to figure out who the fake is.  If they do, they can wipe out the DA either at night or in the day via a 'bus'.  Probably better in the night to avoid the DA talking too much.

OO, cute situation:

Mafia member: "Man, they are getting too close to us. We need to buss someone.  hey man, let's bus you out.  That alright?

DA: Umm... you sure we need to buss?

Mafia member 2: "What's wrong?  Nothing wrong with dying....RIGHT?"

:D

Sidenote: when sending the mafia PM, just mention who your buddies are.. don't mention WHAT they are.  Thus you aren't 100% sure the mafia boss is who he is.  THUS.

"Mafia Boss: Clearly the boss is not a double agent. You are no longer useful. I assign myself the nightkill and kill [my mafiosos]."

Mafia member 1: WAIT!  How do we KNOW you're the boss.  You could be the agent!

DA: YA!  Kill the agent!

IMO if one mafia-agent exists, there should be an agent in the other mafia as well.  Thus you get two agents in both chats.  If one speaks up, the other will do the same, resulting in both agents dying.  Mutually Assured Destruction, along with PMs not available, will keep both in line.

Again, remember that the DA has a Survive requirement.  They lose if they get caught and die, even if their side wins for it. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2009, 11:15:05 am »

That's at end game, though.  If the mafia gets to the point of the 'auto-win' and the DA's still alive, the mafia still has a problem ahead.

3 townies, 2 mafia+ DA   Game hasn't ended.

Night:  Mafia boss kills mafia member when trying to get the DA

Day: 3 townies, 1 mafia + DA

DA SCREAMS: "Kill (Mafia boss!)"  Since there won't be a night the DA can do this safely (so long as they don't say who they are they don't break the 'secret' rule)

Town wins

Thus the mafia can't simply just kill all of the mafiosos.  They need to umm... anti-scumhunt to figure out who the fake is.  If they do, they can wipe out the DA either at night or in the day via a 'bus'.  Probably better in the night to avoid the DA talking too much.

OO, cute situation:

Mafia member: "Man, they are getting too close to us. We need to buss someone.  hey man, let's bus you out.  That alright?

DA: Umm... you sure we need to buss?

Mafia member 2: "What's wrong?  Nothing wrong with dying....RIGHT?"

Sidenote: when sending the mafia PM, just mention who your buddies are.. don't mention WHAT they are.  Thus you aren't 100% sure the mafia boss is who he is.  THUS.

"Mafia Boss: Clearly the boss is not a double agent. You are no longer useful. I assign myself the nightkill and kill [my mafiosos]."

Mafia member 1: WAIT!  How do we KNOW you're the boss.  You could be the agent!

DA: YA!  Kill the agent!

IMO if one mafia-agent exists, there should be an agent in the other mafia as well.  Thus you get two agents in both chats.  If one speaks up, the other will do the same, resulting in both agents dying.  Mutually Assured Destruction, along with PMs not available, will keep both in line.

Again, remember that the DA has a Survive requirement.  They lose if they get caught and die, even if their side wins for it. 
Agreed.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 12:48:12 pm »

I think we're set then.

/in
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Agent Mafia Discussion
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 09:43:13 pm »

WEll, I meant doing their own housecleaning AFTER the 'mafia normally wins here' point. But yeah, solution seems to work.

I'm uncertain on whether a MC in mafiachat would work.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Agent Mafia Discussion
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 07:09:04 pm »

I made a thread for the game. Go.Now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]