Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 62201 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)
« Reply #660 on: November 10, 2009, 09:05:12 pm »

This was fun.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 10, 2009, 09:06:00 pm »

Yeah, it really was.  I had no idea that AN was scum, though... it was pretty crazy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 10, 2009, 10:15:25 pm »

uh...wow. I thought there was no way town would win in SK+ TOWN + MAFIA. But huzzah! We have captured the princess and the Man in Black has failed to foil us!

Webadict, could you post what the hidden stuff does? i.e. if I, Vizzini, became a pirate?
Leafsnail, you fool!
It was Vector you said you'd kill, not I! To pity, for we all would've ended up dead.
I sort of expected Vector to kill me, since I accused him of being scum, but I didn't expect Leafsnail to be a serial killer --
I actually thought Leafsnail was a survivor-type.
Still, this was a rather kill-tastic round. During the last night, all three remaining people had kill powers.
Riemann does not appear to factor correctly in your sum. I see no kill power.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 10, 2009, 10:18:22 pm »

He was given the one-shot vig power by Billy Mays(Mr.Person).

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 10, 2009, 10:25:22 pm »

Pandarsenic: Robot Zombie Ninja Pirate Communist Alien
Cheeetar: Dave Strider
CobaltKobold: Vizzini
ToonyMan: Presidents Roosevelt [Survivor]
Mr.Person: Billy Mays
SHAD0Wdump: Man with a Pickle Jar
Leafsnail: Suigintou [SK]
RedWarrior0: Nuclear Physicist
Zaithemaster: Elmo with a Spider
eduren: Spartacus [Scum]
Vector: Bernhard Riemann
Org: Ursarkar E. Creed [Scum]
ExKirby: Ace of Spades [Scum]

Pandarsenic: Robot Zombie Ninja Pirate Communist Alien

... Something went horribly wrong. Not only are you a combination of organic and inorganic matter, you're also an undead extraterrestrial belonging to obscure organizations of humans (Which you're probably 1/8th maybe), and believe in a government system originating from Earth.

Each Night, you may give one of the following attributes away for one Phase: Robot (Gains all abilities used on that person), Zombie (Unlynchable), Ninja (Kill-Immune), Pirate (Ascetic), Communist (Kill Magnet), and Alien (Randomises anyone that targets them). You may only use each attribute once. Attributes may affect others differently.

Cheeetar: Dave Strider

As Dave Strider, it's obvious you're way too cool for mafia. And most things in general.

At Night, you choose to do something cooler, protecting you from all roles. However, it's generally uncool to do this often, so you may only do this once.

Extra: Becoming a Ninja might be a good thing...

Ninja Dave Strider

As Dave Strider, you were way too cool for mafia. As Ninja Dave Stride, you're way to cool for anything.

At Night, you can choose a person and make them do something cooler. If someone uses an ability against you, you can shout out the name of who it was, but not what it was.

CobaltKobold: Vizzini

You're the orginial WIFOMer. However, you were cheated when that came up. So now, you're going to cheat.

Each Night, you can WIFOM someone. This causes them to spend so much time figuring out that there's not poison in either of them that they waste their Night. However, you may choose to poison BOTH the glasses, in which case, both you and your target will die.

Extra: Becoming a Pirate might be a bad thing...

Pirate Vizzini

Seems you lost your game of WIFOM. You have joined the crew of the Dread Pirate Scott.

Each Night, you MUST choose a person. You will either randomise this person, or force the person to target you. You show up as mafia.

ToonyMan: Presidents Roosevelt

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And the mafia. Seems you'll need to speak softly and carry a huge stick. It seems Grandfather and Grandson are working together on this one.

Each Night, you can be either Theodore or Franklin. If you are Franklin, you will be Kill-Immune. If you are Theodore, will be Unlynchable. However, when in either mode all non-kill abilities will fail against you except inspects, which will bring up Mafia. You cannot choose the same role twice in a row.

Extra: Becoming a Communist might be a bad thing...

Communists Roosevelt

Oh no! Communism has succeeded! Seems that you'll have to play along.

Each Night, you randomly choose a person. Any actions targetting them will now target you instead. You cannot vote.

Mr.Person: Billy Mays

Hi, Billy Mays, here with an interesting mafia role!

Each Night, you can give a player a random one-shot ability (Either Protect, Block, Kill, or Inspect).

Extra: Becoming a Zombie might be a good thing...

Zombie Billy Mays

Hi, Billy Mays, back from the dead!

Each Night, you can choose someone to do something else to their target (Either Inspect, Protect, Block, or Kill.) You will come back to life once when killed.

SHAD0Wdump: Man with a Pickle Jar

Try as you might, you're not getting that jar open. It's on there tight.

Each Night, you can either ask someone to open your Pickle Jar or try to open it yourself. If you ask someone else to open the Pickle Jar, they automatically target you. If you try to open the Pickle Jar, you have no vote the following Day.

Extra: Becoming an Alien might be a good thing...

Alien with a Pickle

Pickle Jar? Your species have transcended the need for such things! Plus it took forever to open it.

At Night, you can choose to eat the Pickle. If you eat the Pickle, you will become immune to all abilities and lynches for one Phase. You will learn the name of a role each Night.

Leafsnail: Suigintou

So... basically an Evil Female Doll thing with wings and no abdomen from another dimension? I'm not entirely sure.

Each Night, you may choose to kill someone. However, if you kill someone, you have no vote the following Day, mostly because it's probably blatantly obvious you killed the person.

Extra: Becoming a Robot might be a bad thing...

Robot Suigintou

... For some reason, you're a robot now, and what's more, you're junk. That sucks.

Each Night, you MUST choose a person. If that person targets someone, they will now kill them instead. You will show up as mafia.

RedWarrior0: Nuclear Physicist

Psh. You're a Nuclear Physicist. Not like you can compare to a Brain Surgeon or anything.

Each Night, a radioactive isotope attaches itself to a random person. This person and any person that interacts with this person will show up as radioactive the following morning.

Zaithemaster: Elmo with a Spider

Lala lala. Lala lala. Elmo's world. I guess Spider must be a friend of yours.

Each Night, you can choose to switch yourself with your Spider. The Spider is Kill-Immune, but any non-Kill actions will kill it. If your Spider dies, you die.

eduren: Spartacus

You're Sparticus! No, he's Sparticus! No, HE'S Sparticus. Now that's confusing...

Each Night, you can choose someone to be Sparticus. All actions targetting you will target him, and all actions targetting him will target you.

Vector: Bernhard Riemann

Being a German Mathematician, you excel at Mathematics. And German! But Mostly Mathematics.

Each Night, you can choose a player to mathematically prove yourself town.

Org: Ursarkar E. Creed

You are the current leader of the Imperial forces of Cadia... And some other crap. I don't care. This guy has some crazy history...

As a battle-scarred general, it takes a little more to kill you. You will revive once upon death.

ExKirby: Ace of Spades

You are otherwise known as the Death Card. You rank highest among the the other Cards, even higher than the Queen of Hearts herself. It is this that makes you powerful.

Once per game, if you perform the Nightkill, you can ignore all other roles protecting the target or stopping you.

I made ALL of those roles, and NONE of them get used!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 11, 2009, 02:43:54 am »

Man, you made all those "upgrade" roles and I got lynched d1.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:27 am »

That's your fault.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 11, 2009, 10:30:36 am »

Meh, why did I have to be an SK with an extra handicap?  I already had a numerical disadvantage compared to the scum :P, in addition to having no vote and a kill method that would make it extremely obvious what role was performing it.  Oh well...

I guess it was the extremely elaborate falseclaim that allowed me to survive for so long, desu.

Oh well, at least webadict didn't force Suigintou's verbal tick on meeeee.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:00:39 am by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 11, 2009, 11:43:11 am »

Actually, I was going to suggest an AN lynch followed by me killing vector/ vector killing Cheeetar, but you all ended the day early and I had a feeling Vector would be killing me.

Also, I accidentally took out the town's best role day one.  Go me.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 11, 2009, 01:49:29 pm »

Mafia chat.

You'll notice that I was pretty worried about being paired with Exkirby and Org. Thankfully, AN stepped in.

You did a great job. I'm just sorry I had to go off the deep end...
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 11, 2009, 01:52:16 pm »

Yeah, AN did a pretty good job.  Although, then again, if I had a vote, I woulda stopped you from ending Day 5 so quickly by voting for you...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2009, 01:56:30 pm »

You would've won by killing everyone, you know.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 11, 2009, 01:58:37 pm »

I thought Vector said he was killing me though :-\.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 11, 2009, 02:02:58 pm »

I thought Vector said he was killing me though :-\.
... Your life didn't matter.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 11, 2009, 02:04:31 pm »

I said I agreed with the plan and would kill Apostolic Nihilist.  Which I did.

Also, that scumchat is hilarious.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47