Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 60478 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
BYOR Mafia (Town Wins!)
« on: October 18, 2009, 12:31:27 am »

Bring Your Own Role Mafia. Basically, you pick the name of your role, and I pick how it acts and interacts with other roles. Any name shall do, and if it is obscure, a link to a data source might help. ...But please not TOO obscure.

This is otherwise known as U-Pick. I shall do my best to insure playability and avoid broken games.

Therefore, let's play!

As for rules:
PMing: Disallowed (Mafia ONLY)
Hammering: Disallowed (Timed Days)
Quoting Mod: ALWAYS Disallowed

Spoiler: Players: 13/13 (click to show/hide)

Robot Zombie Ninja Pirate Communist Alien

... Something went horribly wrong. Not only are you a combination of organic and inorganic matter, you're also an undead extraterrestrial belonging to obscure organizations of humans (Which you're probably 1/8th maybe), and believe in a government system originating from Earth.

Each Night, you may give one of the following attributes away for one Phase: Robot (Gains all abilities used on that person), Zombie (Unlynchable), Ninja (Kill-Immune), Pirate (Ascetic), Communist (Kill Magnet), and Alien (Randomises anyone that targets them). You may only use each attribute once. Attributes may affect others differently.

Elmo with a Spider

Lala lala. Lala lala. Elmo's world. I guess Spider must be a friend of yours.

Each Night, you can choose to switch yourself with your Spider. The Spider is Kill-Immune, but any non-Kill actions will kill it. If your Spider dies, you die.
Spartacus

You're Sparticus! No, he's Sparticus! No, HE'S Sparticus. Now that's confusing...

Each Night, you can choose someone to be Sparticus. All actions targetting you will target him, and all actions targetting him will target you.

Nuclear Physicist

Psh. You're a Nuclear Physicist. Not like you can compare to a Brain Surgeon or anything.

Each Night, a radioactive isotope attaches itself to a random person. This person and any person that interacts with this person will show up as radioactive the following morning.

Ursarkar E. Creed

You are the current leader of the Imperial forces of Cadia... And some other crap. I don't care. This guy has some crazy history...

As a battle-scarred general, it takes a little more to kill you. You will revive once upon death.

Vizzini

You're the orginial WIFOMer. However, you were cheated when that came up. So now, you're going to cheat.

Each Night, you can WIFOM someone. This causes them to spend so much time figuring out that there's not poison in either of them that they waste their Night. However, you may choose to poison BOTH the glasses, in which case, both you and your target will die.

Extra: Becoming a Pirate might be a bad thing...

Presidents Roosevelt

We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And the mafia. Seems you'll need to speak softly and carry a huge stick. It seems Grandfather and Grandson are working together on this one.

Each Night, you can be either Theodore or Franklin. If you are Franklin, you will be Kill-Immune. If you are Theodore, will be Unlynchable. However, when in either mode all non-kill abilities will fail against you except inspects, which will bring up Mafia. You cannot choose the same role twice in a row.

Oh, and you are a Survivor.

Extra: Becoming a Communist might be a bad thing...

Man with a Pickle Jar

Try as you might, you're not getting that jar open. It's on there tight.

Each Night, you can either ask someone to open your Pickle Jar or try to open it yourself. If you ask someone else to open the Pickle Jar, they automatically target you. If you try to open the Pickle Jar, you have no vote the following Day.

Extra: Becoming an Alien might be a good thing...

Billy Mays

Hi, Billy Mays, here with an interesting mafia role!

Each Night, you can give a player a random one-shot ability (Either Protect, Block, Kill, or Inspect).

Extra: Becoming a Zombie might be a good thing...

Suigintou

So... basically an Evil Female Doll thing with wings and no abdomen from another dimension? I'm not entirely sure.

Each Night, you may choose to kill someone. However, if you kill someone, you have no vote the following Day, mostly because it's probably blatantly obvious you killed the person.

Extra: Becoming a Robot might be a bad thing...

You're also an SK

Ace of Spades

You are otherwise known as the Death Card. You rank highest among the the other Cards, even higher than the Queen of Hearts herself. It is this that makes you powerful.

Once per game, if you perform the Nightkill, you can ignore all other roles protecting the target or stopping you.

Bernhard Riemann

Being a German Mathematician, you excel at Mathematics. And German! But Mostly Mathematics.

Each Night, you can choose a player to mathematically prove yourself town.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 07:50:05 pm by webadict »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia [0 / 13]
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 12:34:32 am »

I really want in in this.....hmmmm.....hmmmmmm........FINE.

!xmafia in

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia [1 / 13]
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 12:35:39 am »

I am in. Should I PM you the name of my role now, or later?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 12:37:42 am »

When do you want to start this?

In, of course.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:39:35 am »

Sure.

When do you want to start this?

In, of course.
As soon as I get 13.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 01:41:26 am »

Sure.
Are you scum e'en in games you run?  ;D

In. Argh, what role to choose, I can think of a dozen I want.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia [5 / 13]
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 02:32:34 am »

This is Make-Your-Own-Mafia, in other words. In. Just need to decide on a role name.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 02:37:09 am »

In.  Will send the name in the morning.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 03:19:08 am »

Dude I totally missed the make your own mafia,even tried to GM it after it died(to minimal success). Totally in. Dude.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 04:04:40 am »

!xmafia in
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 04:24:43 am »

Firstly, I'm guessing the role has to be independent of alignment, right?  It would go a bit weird if everyone chose "Day Killing SK".

Secondly, I'm pming you my chosen role.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 07:35:34 am »

Firstly, I'm guessing the role has to be independent of alignment, right?  It would go a bit weird if everyone chose "Day Killing SK".
Well, it sounds more like he wants the name of something not necessarily already mafia related, to which he will then fit actions.

"Day Killing SK"- desires to end the hated daystar.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 09:53:44 am »

Dude I totally missed the make your own mafia,even tried to GM it after it died(to minimal success). Totally in. Dude.

I've never played with you before.  :-D

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 10:14:28 am »

This is Make-Your-Own-Mafia, in other words. In. Just need to decide on a role name.
... I feel like you won't show up for a vast majority of the Day. I wish to have an enjoyable game without severe lurking.

I refuse your entry.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia [9 / 13]
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 10:14:56 am »

I'll join in. Still thinking of a role to add in, though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47