Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Toad in the sun  (Read 55421 times)

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Toad in the sun
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 01:33:52 am »

It really doesn't matter; i'm going to be long dead either way.

Toady, on the other hand, might not be.
So that is the "month end" project, inserting his brain into a computer!

Clever bastard!
Jeez, if the computer program supporting his consciousness is anything like DF, he's in for some fun
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 05:47:15 am »

Also, by this time, DF may have reached v1.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 07:04:37 am »

It'll have to survive bieng vaporized by the red giant phase, and maybe the nova (or does it just blow its atmosphere off? I'm not exactly sure how sunlike stars end thier lives) at the end of that.

A Nova is actually something different again related to the White Dwarf phase. A Supernova is the death of a star, but only really big stars. The Sun isn't big enough to go Supernova, so it will just get really big and red, eating Mercury (and i think it might get Venus too, not sure.) It definitely won't get big enough to eat Earth though, so Earth will get the shit baked out of it and will probably get very molten very quickly, but it'll still be there.
Somebody said WHITE DWARF? It must be a hell lot of tantruming when the world ends.

P.S. WAIT! I just realized! THE WORLD SOMEDAY ENDS! We should gather a lot of money during these billions of years and build a few spaceships, put a few copies of Dwarf Fortress on them and launch in different directions. Let's hope another Tarn in a world far far away will find a rocket and contunue to develop DF.

P.P.S. Or better we should clone Tarn and send him in different directions in hope he finds another world to present his creation to it. Also he'll have a lot of time during the spaceflight so it will make DF development faster.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:08:20 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2009, 09:02:03 am »

I was talking about a star ya nut. :)

lol, and yea I know you're bieng silly.

@Neruz: I did mean nova, not supernova. I just wasn't quite sure how the red giant phase would end for the sun.

As for the earth surviving. It may or may not, but either way, it will be a dead ball of rock.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 02:37:23 pm »

Just what the dwarves need :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]