Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Your most epic moment of win!  (Read 61478 times)

blaster395

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your most epic moment of win!
« on: October 19, 2009, 05:00:56 pm »

Mine was when my new adventurer had both his arms broken by a couger. My dwarf began biting it to death and BIT ITS REAR LEFT LEG OFF.
I had about 30 chucks to throw at a pack of wolfs after XD

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Your most epic moment of win!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:37:49 pm »

EDIT: I thought I was posting this in the Dwarf Fortress mode subforum. Ah well.

HFS spoilers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:46:15 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »

That's beautiful.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Starvation

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FROG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:32:59 pm »

I was sneaking into someones house and stabbed a sleeping merchant through the heart and this is what he said the instant he woke up.

Remember: this guy is a fucking merchant.

[CREATURE:ELF]

[NOPAIN]
   [BLOODTYPE:B]
   [FIREBREATH]
   [DAMBLOCK:-30]

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:14 pm »

He is a Merchant Prince. Sounds like quite the title.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:29 am »

Oh my goodness! He said this with a blade in his heart too?

I hope the fight was at least entertaining. But wow. He must've had some crazy tales to tell.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 10:16:31 am »

I had a spearman adventurer and after some time, I  decided to kill some wolf packs. Nearly every time I had killed all but one wolf, he'd beat said wolf up until it passes out and then kill it by jamming his spear into its head (Seriously, what the hell).
After the 3rd time he did that it was more like "Meh, whatever *stab*" for me. I think I left him to starve somewhere.

Also, awesome merchant there.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 04:50:28 pm »

I once gen'd a world that was basically just elves, with a minority of humans and goblins living amongst the elven civs. I'm guessing the elves overran the world pretty early on and the surviving races are just the left overs. I decided to attack what seemed like a human capital, though it was full of elves and it's buildings were falling apart. I had managed to steal some good armor and a spear off some random adventurer in the woods (unlucky him) and then began to gather as much clothing as I could. I had already slaughtered a town, so I had basically everything I needed. As night came I crept into the village and began to lay the clothing in a perimeter around the city, something that took a great deal of time and many many MANY socks. As I stepped into the village I ignited a near by tree, a fire which quickly spread to my clothing line and from there to other trees and buildings. It was just breaking dawn by now.

Amidst the burning chaos and charred bodies rose the guards and angered civilians, hell bent on bringing me down. The peasants were barely a diversion, their clumsy punches easily parried and countered. Most died instantly, heads and chests impaled, all others were horribly wounded, some fatally. The fire would take care of the unconscious ones. I clashed with the guards, but they too were barely a challenge, falling bloodily before me with their limbs snapped and their life blood gushing forth. Finally, their leader, a human druid in wooden armor but wielding a steel ax, approached me. We fought equally for several turns, blocking and parrying each blow. Finally, he struck the first blow, shattering my right arm and forcing my shield from my hand. His blow left him off balance though, for my next thrust struck him square in the face, glancing off his helmet but breaking his neck  in the process. I struck again, embedding the spear in his chest, however before I could finish him off I was tackled by one of the last living guards.

I lost hold of my spear and found myself beneath an enraged guard brandishing a short sword. I managed to grasp his blade and wrestle it from him before repeatedly stabbing him in the gut. Still he continued to fight, managing to break my left hand before he bled to death. I found myself standing alone in the center of the burning city, both arms useless. It was then that an arrow struck me, piercing my shoulder. It was from an archer, one I considered as good as dead already; both his knees were broken and his stomach was little more then a gaping hole and yet he continued to fight. Enraged, I turned and charged him, as another arrow struck me, sticking in my already dead arms. As I closed the distance, more arrows came, one of which struck my stomach and embedded itself there. I leapt upon him and by some serendipity, managed to sink my teeth into his throat. However, even as I tore his throat out he fired again, piercing my heart this time.

The archer fell dead in moments, already pale with blood loss before my final bite. I lay in the burning ruins, my life draining from me. With my last strength I pulled myself next an old oak and set it ablaze. The fire consumed me even as I died.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »

I once gen'd a world that was basically just elves, with a minority of humans and goblins living amongst the elven civs. I'm guessing the elves overran the world pretty early on and the surviving races are just the left overs. I decided to attack what seemed like a human capital, though it was full of elves and it's buildings were falling apart. I had managed to steal some good armor and a spear off some random adventurer in the woods (unlucky him) and then began to gather as much clothing as I could. I had already slaughtered a town, so I had basically everything I needed. As night came I crept into the village and began to lay the clothing in a perimeter around the city, something that took a great deal of time and many many MANY socks. As I stepped into the village I ignited a near by tree, a fire which quickly spread to my clothing line and from there to other trees and buildings. It was just breaking dawn by now.

Amidst the burning chaos and charred bodies rose the guards and angered civilians, hell bent on bringing me down. The peasants were barely a diversion, their clumsy punches easily parried and countered. Most died instantly, heads and chests impaled, all others were horribly wounded, some fatally. The fire would take care of the unconscious ones. I clashed with the guards, but they too were barely a challenge, falling bloodily before me with their limbs snapped and their life blood gushing forth. Finally, their leader, a human druid in wooden armor but wielding a steel ax, approached me. We fought equally for several turns, blocking and parrying each blow. Finally, he struck the first blow, shattering my right arm and forcing my shield from my hand. His blow left him off balance though, for my next thrust struck him square in the face, glancing off his helmet but breaking his neck  in the process. I struck again, embedding the spear in his chest, however before I could finish him off I was tackled by one of the last living guards.

I lost hold of my spear and found myself beneath an enraged guard brandishing a short sword. I managed to grasp his blade and wrestle it from him before repeatedly stabbing him in the gut. Still he continued to fight, managing to break my left hand before he bled to death. I found myself standing alone in the center of the burning city, both arms useless. It was then that an arrow struck me, piercing my shoulder. It was from an archer, one I considered as good as dead already; both his knees were broken and his stomach was little more then a gaping hole and yet he continued to fight. Enraged, I turned and charged him, as another arrow struck me, sticking in my already dead arms. As I closed the distance, more arrows came, one of which struck my stomach and embedded itself there. I leapt upon him and by some serendipity, managed to sink my teeth into his throat. However, even as I tore his throat out he fired again, piercing my heart this time.

The archer fell dead in moments, already pale with blood loss before my final bite. I lay in the burning ruins, my life draining from me. With my last strength I pulled myself next an old oak and set it ablaze. The fire consumed me even as I died.

SHIT.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:53 pm »

I'm gonna make an adventurer just to see if something epic will happen for me to post here.

Doubt it, since I suck at adventuring, but I'll try.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 08:15:48 pm »

So, my adventurer visits a fortress briefly and gets a quest from the queen.
He goes off for a couple days comes back and talks to her again and gets a quest to kill a giant cave spider residing in the fort. I explore the fort a bit and come to a hallway full of chasm creatures and some dead dwarves. I could count around forty naked mole dogs, three GCS, four giant rats, five giant moles, and four giant bats. Me and my companions (a swordsdwarf, a macedwarf, a hammerdwarf, and a bowman) go charging in and instantly I get 5 pages of shots glancing away. The GCS come and web the entire hallway
naked mole dogs and all. Then the GCS attack and kill all my companions, leaving me alone with them and about ten mole dogs. I manage kill all of them without getting a single scratch.
Good times

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 01:08:16 am »

Elite Hammerdwarf got attacked by wolves.  Successfully countered three of them while attacking a fourth.  All four went flying in four different directions, blood spraying as they went <3

First showdown with a dragon.  After keeping my distance, throwing rocks, dodging dragonfire, I throw a rock that slams it in the head, damaging its brain and then the dragon collapses.  Then I started slamming away with the hammer until it died.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 02:14:05 am »

Let me tell you the tale of Togi Axerevered, a human Axewoman, and target of utmost betrayal.

The world I was in was tiny. It was the year 30. The only civilisations were two human civs spread out between three towns and a forest retreat, a migrating elf civ and a mighty goblin civ in their dark fortress. It was the age of the Demon and Dragon. The only forces where Kadol the Dragon, who lived in a cave, and a mighty Demon, who led the goblins.

Togi began her journey in general style. She gathered a force of seven, killed two cyclops and went home. After wandering about and killing the troublesome elves (who were at war with us, despite them fleeing.) she decided to retire in the forest retreat to the south, dominated by humans. Only a single elf slave remained, and Togi and her band were content. They rested for a while as peasants.

When I returned to continue her journey, I heard fighting! My brothers in arms were fighting! I rushed outside after throwing off my useless and heavy trinkets and hefted my great axe, to find that 5 of my 7 once faithful were now attacking the other four, along with the rest of the town!! 3 were immediately cut down, and the last one, a swordsman, ran to my side. As I charged in to kill my once faithful companions and the militia of the town, he got shot by a stray arrow. I immediately carved apart the fool with the bow in hand.

Having butchered an entire town, and now covered head to toe in the blood of ally, foe and traitor alike, I proceeded north, to the only other town of that civ. I slaughtered everyone there, with the help of a few wandering guards who were from my home civilisation. Togi departed back to her home, now covered in two layers thick of mud, blood, vomit and bone. Recruiting another band, she decided to end the Age, by taking down the mighty demon! They charged the goblin fortress. The demon himself was in sight, nearly in reach of her axe! Suddenly, a bolt comes whistling out of nowhere, piercing her lungs and heart. She fell to the ground, dead.

That was possibly the coolest Adventurer game I ever played. I accidentally started a civil war and killed an entire civilisation.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 03:56:34 am »

Long epic ahead using the Asian/Samurai mod involving lots of people receiving throwing spears to the face, and my companions raging through town with bolts stuck in us.

As a Mongol, I recruited 3 javelin throwers and 2 lancers to go raid a Japanese town and kill their leader, a legendary Japanese Crossbowman. We managed to take her down, but as I was shot in the foot and stomach early on, I was sneaking around and ended up being the only survivor, crawling away with a sprained ankle and a bolt in in my gut.

See about halfway through when we get involved in an awesome shootout with the Crossbowman (She takes a thrown spear to the FACE, losing her right eye and becomes ENRAGED and keeps fighting until she dies due to being stabbed with a lance multiple times -STILL doesn't die immediately but finally bleeds to death with a stuck-in from one of my lancers who was filled with bolts), but things start going bad soon after. The Javelin throwers got so much practice that they became elite during the battle and died SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA-like. Bonus: early on a Japanese pikeman takes about 10 spears before he finally falls from my sword in his gut. Another guard takes two thrown javelins to the face one after another.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:25:59 am by KaelGotDwarves »

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 02:46:54 pm »

I was once slaughtering my first town as a hammerman, I dispatched most of the populace relatively easily, when I exited a home containing a axe armed guard and a few peasants. I killed them as well and walked out, I notice some arrows flying to me from across the river  facing the house, I got hit 3 times, and probably wouldn't survive another hit, so I ran into the house, grabbed the axe and flung it towards the archer that was shooting at me, he was decapitated instantly.
Relieved I started walking toward the edge of town and be able to walk my wounds off, when another archer pops out of nowhere and instant headshotting me.
So, it was WIN!....LOSS!... but I like forgetting about the bad parts :)
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7