Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone have any interesting saves?  (Read 2164 times)

Whiox1241

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Anyone have any interesting saves?
« on: January 11, 2014, 03:20:42 pm »

Generally, I'm pretty bad at fortress mode and I hear that's the only way you can get adamantium equipment, so I'll ask here.
First off, is that correct or am I just being a dumb?
And if it is correct, anyone have neat saves they can upload for my adventurers to rummage through?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have any interesting saves?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:04 pm »

Yes, creating adamantine equipment in fortress mode is the only way to obtain the stuff in adventure mode, unless you mod in a reaction for it (you can ask around at the modding subsection of the forums if you need help with that; I'm no good at it).

I myself don't have any particularly good saves at the moment, but I suggest you try out The Museum. It's an adventurer succession game that's been going on for about a century in-game, and is based in a vast, 1000+ year-old world with several player-built fortresses and retired adventurers. It's a pretty interesting save, believe me.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Whiox1241

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 04:20:44 am »

I myself don't have any particularly good saves at the moment, but I suggest you try out The Museum. It's an adventurer succession game that's been going on for about a century in-game, and is based in a vast, 1000+ year-old world with several player-built fortresses and retired adventurers. It's a pretty interesting save, believe me.

Quite a lot of player created fortresses actually: 28 at last count. Here's a map of the game world (large image):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One warning, the fortress of Tongsrace has become inaccesible because of a game crashing bug. Other sites should be fine, but Northevil has been reported to cause massive fps slowdown.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 03:08:37 pm »

The world of the museum is filled with wonderful bugs  :)

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 07:14:08 pm »

It is technically possible to get adamantium equipment without using fortress mode, but it requires hours of exploring in caverns.

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 01:20:36 am »

But only one piece. Unless you have mods installed that change that.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:28:48 am »

Shh...no spoilers :)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Proto105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 10:18:18 am »

I was quite mild in my opinion