Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Your most epic moment of win!  (Read 61762 times)

Grimic

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma cures all.
    • View Profile
Re: Your most epic moment of win!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 06:07:40 pm »

Although it's not really a "moment", I have a (still active) elven adventurer with 300+ kills to her name on a purely unmodded game. She's lost limbs, been lit on fire, taken pierces to the heart, and is still deftly wiping every creature off the face of the planet with nothing but an iron axe and shield.

I have no clue how.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 06:30:34 pm »

But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:26 pm »

This isn't my moment, but I call it epic.

Now, I'd just be brutally torn apart by a pack of wolves, human chunks littered the ground around me, and I was dead.

Then the wolves began to attack the carp in the nearby murky pool.

The pack of wolves feircely battled the school of carp (and a pike) in the pond, wolves being dragged into the water only to continue biting and tearing at the fishy monsters. The blue water turned red, and as the carp and wolves tore each other apart, they bled, their organs fell out, and they constantly vomited, the water cleaning away the gunk.

One by one, the wolves were dragged in and ripped to chunks. Carp died, but carp lived.

So this proves that the food chain is: Carp > Wolves > Humans.

Grimic

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma cures all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 11:19:26 pm »

She's lost limbs...

Which ones?

Each arm/leg at least once, I'm sure. You get a full recovery after moving on the travel screen, which is how I very luckily managed to avoid dying from losing a limb/burning/vital injuries several times.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 12:30:14 am »

She's lost limbs...

Which ones?

Each arm/leg at least once, I'm sure. You get a full recovery after moving on the travel screen, which is how I very luckily managed to avoid dying from losing a limb/burning/vital injuries several times.

I was certain that missing body parts were not healed by travel screen movement, only wounds.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 12:33:17 am »

Were the limbs dark grey, or were they red or some such?  Limbs can be incapacitated by severe injuries that don't actually remove them.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Grimic

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma cures all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 01:21:13 am »

I was pretty sure they were dark gray, but then I realized that'd mean I wouldn't have had my equipment on hand afterwards (and during), which I did, and thus am dumb.

It's not the first time I've mixed up the two injury levels, either.

Anyway... 400+ kills on her so far.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2009, 02:55:09 pm »

Fought my way through an entire Goblin Fortress, jumped off the roof and landed on the Demon, knocking it out.
Killed it, took the various amulets it was wearing. Sold them all in town, got a really nice axe, killed the whole town, ran to one of my old fortresses and threw myself into the ceremonial magma pit.

Arachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Lobsterfrogman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 08:57:58 am »

Hard to say for me... Weird crap happened all the time. I can think of three examples.

There was that time I was a Dwarven marksman, who swam all the way onto an island in the middle of the sea and found an Ettin underneath it. He screamed something or another and I started hitting him in the head with my crossbow until I remembered that it was, in fact a crossbow and I still had bolts. shot it right in the left head, it fell over and I crushed its other skull under my mighty Dwarven engineering. He had broken both of my legs and my spine, but I still made it halfway back across the ocean until I passed out from starvation.

Another time, I was a Dwarven swordsman wandering through the desert. I got jumped by a Scorpion, and we fought something fierce for a while (we just couldn't hit each other). Finally, I cut a chunk out of his body and then stab him in the thorax. It's at this point the blade became lodged in the Scorpion. I struggled to tear my blade out, but to no avail as it simply batted me out of the way. I then took two bottles of Dwarven Ale out of my pack, and proceeded to beat the thing to death with the mighty ALCOHOL! Didn't even get stung...

I think the funniest one is when I was an Elven archer and got jumped by a Sasquatch. I was literally all "ohgodnoit'saSasquatchRUNRUNRUN!!!", and I reflexively loosed an arrow at it, certain that it wouldn't accomplish a thing. The bolt hit it right in the forehead, ruined both of its eyes and its ears, and broke both its head and its brain. It fell forward at my feet, and I adopted a Cheshire grin shortly before shooting it again in the base of the skull.
The Mystery EXISTS You in the head!
Your brain has been mangled!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 11:46:30 am »

I once gen'd a world that was basically just elves, with a minority of humans and goblins living amongst the elven civs. I'm guessing the elves overran the world pretty early on and the surviving races are just the left overs. I decided to attack what seemed like a human capital, though it was full of elves and it's buildings were falling apart. I had managed to steal some good armor and a spear off some random adventurer in the woods (unlucky him) and then began to gather as much clothing as I could. I had already slaughtered a town, so I had basically everything I needed. As night came I crept into the village and began to lay the clothing in a perimeter around the city, something that took a great deal of time and many many MANY socks. As I stepped into the village I ignited a near by tree, a fire which quickly spread to my clothing line and from there to other trees and buildings. It was just breaking dawn by now.

Amidst the burning chaos and charred bodies rose the guards and angered civilians, hell bent on bringing me down. The peasants were barely a diversion, their clumsy punches easily parried and countered. Most died instantly, heads and chests impaled, all others were horribly wounded, some fatally. The fire would take care of the unconscious ones. I clashed with the guards, but they too were barely a challenge, falling bloodily before me with their limbs snapped and their life blood gushing forth. Finally, their leader, a human druid in wooden armor but wielding a steel ax, approached me. We fought equally for several turns, blocking and parrying each blow. Finally, he struck the first blow, shattering my right arm and forcing my shield from my hand. His blow left him off balance though, for my next thrust struck him square in the face, glancing off his helmet but breaking his neck  in the process. I struck again, embedding the spear in his chest, however before I could finish him off I was tackled by one of the last living guards.

I lost hold of my spear and found myself beneath an enraged guard brandishing a short sword. I managed to grasp his blade and wrestle it from him before repeatedly stabbing him in the gut. Still he continued to fight, managing to break my left hand before he bled to death. I found myself standing alone in the center of the burning city, both arms useless. It was then that an arrow struck me, piercing my shoulder. It was from an archer, one I considered as good as dead already; both his knees were broken and his stomach was little more then a gaping hole and yet he continued to fight. Enraged, I turned and charged him, as another arrow struck me, sticking in my already dead arms. As I closed the distance, more arrows came, one of which struck my stomach and embedded itself there. I leapt upon him and by some serendipity, managed to sink my teeth into his throat. However, even as I tore his throat out he fired again, piercing my heart this time.

The archer fell dead in moments, already pale with blood loss before my final bite. I lay in the burning ruins, my life draining from me. With my last strength I pulled myself next an old oak and set it ablaze. The fire consumed me even as I died.

Dear gods... If you could only could tie yourself to this tree with own organs, I would proclaim you the Cuchulainn of DF and made a fortress dedicated to such bloody human.

I would pay anything to see a gore movie like this.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NewoTigra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 04:33:33 pm »

For some reason I added in chainsaws. Not really 14th century technology, but too fun not to. Basically just an axe with gore damage.

Playing in adventure mode I started with one of said chainsaws. I decided the best way to start off a new adventure was to slaughter the entire mountain home I started in.
Halfway through this blood-soaked task, I was interrupted by the dwarf Queen. Apparently she killed a giant at some point.
I have to say, it's probably true, as she broke my leg with her first punch. Out of desperation at being so hopelessly outmatched, I threw the chainsaw at her.
Awesomely, it managed to cut her in half. I then proceeded to pick up both pieces of the corpse, and limped around the area, killing everything I saw by either pummeling them with the corpse, or throwing blood and body parts at them. I decapitated a peasant with blood. Somehow.
Eventually a lucky guard cut off my arm, and then dismembered me once I fell unconscious. It was fun while it lasted.

The best part of it for me though, was imagining the psychological trauma the dwarves were going through while I killed them.
If they had survived they would have definitely developed some kind of psychosis from it. Being beaten (nearly, if they survived) to death with the corpse of your ruler tends to cause that sort of thing.

Mr Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 05:26:15 pm »

Does chopping off all the limbs of a Shopkeeper, then gouging out her eyes and letting her BLEED TO DEATH count as epic?

If not, well... there's always the time I killed an Elven child by throwing it by the nose.
Repeatedly.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 07:06:48 pm »

Does chopping off all the limbs of a Shopkeeper, then gouging out her eyes and letting her BLEED TO DEATH count as epic?

If not, well... there's always the time I killed an Elven child by throwing it by the nose.
Repeatedly.

Hmm. I didn't know throws did damage.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2009, 10:09:29 pm »

Repeatedly.

Hmm. I didn't know throws did damage.
Throws by themselves don't, but the slamming into obstacles do.

PermanentInk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 11:09:02 pm »

Right; it ain't the fall that kills ya.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7