Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Your most epic moment of win!  (Read 61668 times)

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Your most epic moment of win!
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 05:58:53 pm »

Back when I was new at Adventure Mode, I got a quest to kill a giant jaguar. So I got a couple of companions to ward off the Bogeymen and set off. I arrived at the den, started sneaking, and found the jaguar immediately around the corner. I panicked and directionally attacked it. I scratched it in the head so hard that I not only shattered the skull, but tore the brain. It never even spotted me.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 08:26:22 pm »

Once upon a time I was travelling far and wide over the mountains as a crippled adventurer that had to crawl across the mountains high
And there a Giant Badger ferociously attacked me, and as I helplessly lashed out against its head suddenly it stopped moving after its head was cut off by a stray swing of my sword.

And then later I died to kobold ambushers at the freezing peak of a mountain.
RIP First Adventurer.

oh_no

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

I think the best moments I've had were in a run on the 31.25 civilization forge where I went on a rampage killing things with a big bag of money.

And a recent adventure where I killed a gloom troll with a ladle.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2013, 05:27:08 pm »

...You can win in adventure mode?
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2013, 05:48:44 pm »

On the internet, some words have twisted meaning.
In this case, "Your best moment in the game", pretty much.

Though of course you may just be playing with words there, but what do I care about at this point. :P

oh_no

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2013, 05:59:04 pm »

Throwing is not epic as it is bugged in df currently, in real world you cannot decapitate a person by throwing a sock.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2013, 06:26:34 pm »

Throwing is not epic as it is bugged in df currently, in real world you cannot decapitate a person by throwing a sock.

I beg to differ.

Given the definition of "throw" to be "to propel or cast", it would be trivial to construct a device that could throw a sock with sufficient force to decapitate a person.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2013, 06:45:06 pm »

Please people please! Let us simply regale our tales of that time x beat y to death with a t shirt, or when x beat the night thing into pulp with a soup ladle or x killed a lion by wedging another lion in its lung.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2013, 07:14:23 pm »

being bored of being able to survive decently well so far in the game, i decided to start building fortresses in haunted biomes. the very first place i went to was right next to the ocean, a river separated the haunted top half of the map from the rather lovely and calm bottom half, my dwarves (in some holy twist of fate) drove their caravan for the bottom half. about three times a month, the top half is completely covered in human blood that rains from the sky.

its a rather long story, so I've spoilered it for convenience. but dwarf fortress has never been as good as the time it rained something actually useful.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What a necro...

It's on-topic. Why do you blame him ?

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:06 pm »

Over 3 year necrobumping is generally shunned upon.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2013, 07:57:43 pm »

Over 3 year necrobumping is generally shunned upon.

Why make a new thread if there's a relevant old one that can be revived?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2013, 03:00:15 am »

Most epic moment would have to be one-shotting a Roc with a thrown iron arrow, just after evading it's attack while unwittingly trying to sneak past it. Mind you, I was playing an an untrained peasant at the time, and as a modded human the size of an ant to boot.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2013, 11:44:24 am »

I beg to differ.

Given the definition of "throw" to be "to propel or cast", it would be trivial to construct a device that could throw a sock with sufficient force to decapitate a person.
I must disagree. Sock is light thus air resistance has great impact on flight speed and trajectory. Only case I can think of is compressing the sock and throwing it afterwards with great force. Or using a sock so old and smelly that the victim would rather cut his head of than get a single breath with the sock close to his mouths :P

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2013, 12:10:48 pm »

I must disagree. Sock is light thus air resistance has great impact on flight speed and trajectory. Only case I can think of is compressing the sock and throwing it afterwards with great force. Or using a sock so old and smelly that the victim would rather cut his head of than get a single breath with the sock close to his mouths :P

I can't say that's true; the sock could easily be rolled into a ball-like shape (using the elastic of the ankle to hold it in place) and dampened, thus granting enough density to effectively mitigate the effects of drag. The additional mass from the dampness would also assist in decapitation.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7