Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: {Ignore this: data storage}  (Read 2024 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
{Ignore this: data storage}
« on: October 20, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »

Due to forgetting my USB drive, and also that here, at school, I just started discovering openGL's mathematical curves(I think it's called a b-spline?)

Solution? Post it here! I had to rediscover the windows API, and recreate the sequence for opening the window, and stuff. They never blocked bay12, though the title includes GAMES.

Although you could use my stuff, it is only a curve editor, with a slight modification that makes it work similar to how MSPA's spirograph was faked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The purpose of this topic is to store plaintext data, especially C code, that would be perfectly legal and acceptable, and you would send it other ways if you could.

To prevent needless clutter, spoil any large data.
Eh?
Eh!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: {Ignore this: data storage}
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:58:05 pm »

Would it be possible to pm it to yourself?

Wait, spoilers don't work in pms, do they...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:12:01 pm »

no they don't.

you could use any number of pastebins if you really wanted... (eg: http://pastebin.com)

But I guess you want us to peek at your code! :P

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:41:24 pm »

It's mostly a matter of convienience. The whole school board must route through a single server(barracuda, though the sheer misused volume of data means that it only can function as a blacklist, as they can't afford to enable content filtering with the entire eastern ontario school system using the single server as a proxy...), so the chances of any particular useful site is slim.

By not using a PM, I don't have to log in if I leave an updated version here tonight, though I still would have to if I wanted to put up a better version. Plus, PMs end up getting pushed back a page or few over time, and it's only NEW once.
Eh?
Eh!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 04:16:29 am »

You could just email it to yourself? Surely they don't block email. I don't think a thread used as a pastebin would be a good idea :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 06:40:27 am »

They block email.
Eh?
Eh!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:01 am »

They block email.
huh?  What the $%&! is wrong with them?

anyway... pastebin might suit your needs even better.  You can post without being logged in and no one will see the link unless you want to.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 06:53:31 am »

Once again, they probably blocked it.
And how would I get the link home?

Also, this topic,since I am finished with it(for now?), shall remain for use of others, if they need it.
Eh?
Eh!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 02:52:06 pm »

Your school blocked email? That sounds pretty counter productive, as (Where I come from anyway,) most people use that to send halfway-finished digital work home so they can finish it. Expecting people to carry around flash drives is something they don't even bother with here.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 09:44:12 pm »

Your school blocked email? That sounds pretty counter productive, as (Where I come from anyway,) most people use that to send halfway-finished digital work home so they can finish it. Expecting people to carry around flash drives is something they don't even bother with here.

Lucky you.  Last I checked, my old high school still used 3.5" floppy disks.  They block e-mail of all kinds that isn't from the district (as well as virtually everything else on the 'net).  They actually forbid the use of flash drives entirely.  They appear to actively try to run counter to advancements in technology and changes in the world.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 02:40:20 am »

Lucky you.  Last I checked, my old high school still used 3.5" floppy disks.  They block e-mail of all kinds that isn't from the district (as well as virtually everything else on the 'net).  They actually forbid the use of flash drives entirely.  They appear to actively try to run counter to advancements in technology and changes in the world.
explain the philosophy

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2009, 01:50:22 am »

There are schools that forbid hats and electronic devices (yes, this includes cell phones) on the premises. 

I mean...  Hats.  Seriously?  These are High School students, not a legion of Oddjobs.