Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 49853 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:40:29 pm »

So begins YET another Beginner's Mafia.  This time, I am considering things a little different.

Firstly, I'm considering only allowing beginners to play, no playing ICs.  That will mean I'll need 9 new players.

Instead, I will want 2 ICs that will act as coaches: one for the mafia, one for the town.  The Town IC will know what the town knows but will NOT be playing with the town formally.  Instead, I want them to help guide the players in town play.  Help them gather themselves together, spot scum/town tells, learn about terminology, ext.  They can comment freely on the game but should focus on developing good players, NOT winning the game.

The Scum IC won't be speaking to the town much.  Instead, they will focus towards helping the mafia in their personal chat.  The scum IC isn't banned from talking to the town but they are not to mislead the town.  Again, the goal is to develop good playing, not help your side win.

The Rules:

You may NOT PM to anyone except to me or from one mafia member to another.  Furthermore, ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  You must also Unvote before you vote for another.  That was an issue last game so I'll stress again, if you do NOT unvote, your new vote will NOT count.  No Lynch votes are allowed.

Days will last for 2 days or until the conversation dies down.  Nights will last 24 hours or until all night roles have been sent to me.  The deadline will be posted regularly and I retain the ability to hurry the deadline for inactivity or extend the deadline if enough request it.  Note that any deadline that falls on a weekend will be pushed back to the following Monday.  Note that you may request to extend or shorten the day. 

Upon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch. Once dead, you may not speak or PM anyone about the game, living or otherwise.  A Dead chat will be made available.

Mafia will be given their own Chat to speak to one another once roles have been sent.

Bolded sentences can be used to catch my attention.  Italics used by me is flavor and is just there to be interesting.  Note you are free to apply flavor as you wish.

Do NOT quote my PM text and do NOT edit your posts (you can double post if you need to)

Lastly any suggestion of breaking a rule in the main chat will be treated as the rule already broken.  I reserve the right to Modkill, ban, and even force a loss on the player's side for such actions.  If you have any questions or wish to make sure of the legality of an action, PM me first.

You can, of course, ask any questions you may have.

Roles:
  Townsperson: The basic town role. Your goal is to help the town lynch all of the mafia players. You win as long as the town wins.
  Mafia: The basic antagonist role. You and the other Mafia players work together to kill off the townspeople. During the day, you pretend to be normal townspeople and voting on who is to be lynched. During the night, you will tell me the name of the player you wish to kill along with which of you will kill them. You win once you have greater then or equal to the number of town aligned players.
  Mafia Roleblocker: Similar to the mafia.  However, in nights when you are not the one assigned to kill, you may choose one person for yourself.  The person you choose will be unable to perform their night action.
 Mafia Godfather:  Similar to the mafia.  However, when investigated by the cop, they will show up as an innocent townsperson.
  Cop: An honest cop, he may choose one player each night to investigate. He will then learn if that player is Mafia or Town.
  Doctor: The doctor may choose one player each night to protect from the mafia's night kill.

Players:
Org
Apostolic Nihilist
Martyr Syndrome
tehstefan
CobaltKobold
SirBayer
MagmaDeath substituting for Laetificus
Vector
RedWarrior0

ICs:
Webadict
Pandarsenic
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 12:46:22 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Signups.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:49 pm »

IN!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 04:00:55 pm »

Mafia IC...?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:12:23 pm »

Too cruel, webadict.  Too cruel... although it would certainly teach good play.

Now I'm thinking who'd be the best candidate for town play... town wins don't tend to be as dramatic as scum wins.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 04:26:21 pm »

I'll join. I'm still a beginner, I think.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 05:28:37 pm »

I think me as Mafia, Web as Town, would be the best IC combo if nobody else wants in. Web is good Mafia, but his skill really shines when he's town.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 05:43:56 pm »

N?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 06:42:02 pm »

I'll join and post content this time, but beware: my window of opportunity is limited, and my parents may not let me on the computer for some time. In, but if my profile is inactive for 30 or so hours, replace me.

Also, how funny would it be if someone made an account named In?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:14:35 pm »

When it comes to attendance. 

I'll admit, I may get a little impatient when I don't see 50 pages of text every day.  In truth, you are technically active if you can post once a day or around so. 

I give some flex depending on content.  Simply put, when you CAN post, don't post about how you weren't around or that you will post more later.  Post about the game itself.  If I see that you are making the best use of the time you do have, I won't mind the times you don't have.

Also, telling me ahead of time is also useful.  As that I'll make some consideration for you Red. 

I will say, though, that since in-game days only last about 2 RL days if you can only post the minimum then make GOOD use of it since the town NEEDS you to win (triply so if you're mafia).

I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:40 pm »

As for Pandar and Web, I marked you both ICs for now.  I'll let you two decide just which one will be which.

Sidenote: Though I'll accept folks that have played but feel they need some extra work, I'm viewing this game as a "My first mafia".  Thus, if you have ANY questions, like "What's a WIFOM?", "Scumtells.. people send messages?" and "HOW DO YOU PLAY!!!!!!?!!?!!" Feel free to ask.  You can ask them during the game.. but if you have them now, why wait?
I KNEW IT!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 07:23:12 pm »

Actually, now that I think about it, I can probably post a bit more on weekends.

And yes, I did vote In. Votecount? [/joking]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 09:07:17 pm »

Okay, okay. Pandarsenic can be mafia. I'll be town.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 09:48:44 pm »

Once again, if your looking for beginners, I suggest making a post in Forum Games or General Discussion.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 09:53:10 pm »

N?
O. I'm feeling worse than usual right now, I don't want my hand in too many pots necessarily.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 09:57:22 pm »

aww.. so you're out? :/
I KNEW IT!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28