Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 49901 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 5 Bloody Friday.
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2009, 11:12:22 pm »

I'll vote in a moment, after examining the last little bit again.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 13, 2009, 11:20:25 pm »

Mmkay. Magmadeath, you're scum.

Why, you ask?

Well, you put into quotes the "doctor." Supposed doctor. I think there's a doctor. Nobody's claimed cop, and nobody's randomly yelled about scum who flipped cop. We still have a power-role, and I think it's a doctor. I think you know that it's a doctor, and I think you're irritated you haven't been able to get kills. Well, not you. Laetificious would have been the angry one. But anyway, I think there's some claim to the idea that Vector should be dead... but isn't. Clever redirect by scum - namely, Magma.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2009, 01:42:58 am »

This is Lylo, right?
I suppose I'll claim, then.
I'm the Doctor.
N1 I protected SirBayer. There was no nightkill. N2 I protected CobaltKobold; Redwarrior died. N3 I kept on CobaltKobold. Once again, there was no nightkill. N4 I protected Vector and CobaltKobold died.

It's important to note that I protected SirBayer N1 because I thought he was the cop -- apparently, so did the scum.
Cops usually avoid lynching without evidence, don't want to ask questions, etc. That's what I saw Bayer doing, so I protected him.

From there, I had to choose between Vector and CK. I chose CK: He was the more passive of the two and furthermore he was less abrasive. It seemed like he was a more likely mafia target -- Vector was stirring up all sorts of heat.

This means that scum was indeed going after the 'best' players. This also means that CobaltKobold was effectively confirmed D4 . I couldn't say anything, but I did my best to protect him. Looks like this was a mistake.
He wasn't drawing much heat and thus became a better target.
Last night I protected Vector instead of CK (clearly a mistake); I thought scum would hit Vector to spread WIFOM throughout the town.
I'm quite surprised they didn't take him out, actually, but I think I know why:
Either they needed him as a fallback lynch, or Vector is scum, too.

Yesterday, I'll admit, I didn't find Magma particularly scummy; he was just 'there'. He agreed with the no-lynch but he didn't try to push a quick end to the day. Altogether, he's been acting remarkably town-like, but it's only in moderation.
I wasn't noticing this as much back when it was Laetificus, but recently Magma's words have been more subtly manipulative.
"There isn't much more we can do today," sounds reasonable, and for the most part it is, but it closes off our options.
We shouldn't ever stop thinking. Thought is our greatest weapon, our only weapon.

With CobaltKobold dead, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Magma is scum. This is what I wanted to say yesterday, but I held it in.
Look at who CobaltKobold was pointing toward before his death: me.
Coincidentally, Magma predicted that CobaltKobold was town, moments before his death.
Do you know why? Because Magma knew that CobaltKobold was town... because he's scum.

Calling out a townie, agreeing with them, and most of all, saying that they're town -- these all build trust.
After they actually flip town, at first glance you might be convinced that Magma is more town-like.
"That guy predicted that CK would be town! He was right! Maan, we should listen to him!"
It sounds ridiculous, but it's a common strategy by newbie scum.
Looking at the way things went though, seems like that backfired on him.

I'm don't want to start combing through for scumteams just yet. MagmaDeath is scum.
I'm leaning toward Vector right now, but I seriously don't know at this point.
Vector would've been a better target for the nightkill, but it's possible they predicted that and hit Cobalt instead.

I just seriously hope that my reasoning isn't being manipulated by !!clever scum!! again like in BM3.
If everyone acted rationally, Magma should be mafia.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2009, 01:59:43 am »

Current Vote Count:
MagmaDeath: Vector, SirBayer, Apostolic Nihlist
Vector: MagmaDeath

Not Voting: tehstefan

Over 50% of town in agreement. 

Request to end day will require 3 requests with 0 objections.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 14, 2009, 03:29:57 am »

Well, to start this off, I am the true doctor.
I was interested to know who would try to claim doctor and therefore was going to wait for everyone else to post before reveling myself. Now, I dont have to.
Unvote
Apostolic Nihilist is Scum.

N1,  Laetificus protected CobaltKobold. There was no Nightkill

N2, Laetificus Protected Apostolic Nihilist, RedWarrior0 Died.

N3, I choose between Vector and CobaltKobold to protect, And I choose CobaltKobold because Vector probably would have been targeted by then.

N4, I choose CobaltKobold again. However, My talk about the theroetical Doctor must have made the mafia suspecious of me. The Mafia must have a Role Blocker, Otherwise CobaltKobold would have not died.

I am leaning towards an Apostolic Nihilist and Vector scumteam, They were laying suspision onto each other, while voting for other players.

Mmkay. Magmadeath, you're scum.

Why, you ask?

Well, you put into quotes the "doctor." Supposed doctor. I think there's a doctor. Nobody's claimed cop, and nobody's randomly yelled about scum who flipped cop. We still have a power-role, and I think it's a doctor. I think you know that it's a doctor, and I think you're irritated you haven't been able to get kills. Well, not you. Laetificious would have been the angry one. But anyway, I think there's some claim to the idea that Vector should be dead... but isn't. Clever redirect by scum - namely, Magma.
There was a doctor,  I knew there was a doctor. Because I WAS the doctor. Vector should have been dead. I never protected him, and that means the mafia never targeted him.

Now for AN's post.
With CobaltKobold dead, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Magma is scum. This is what I wanted to say yesterday, but I held it in.
Look at who CobaltKobold was pointing toward before his death: me.
Coincidentally, Magma predicted that CobaltKobold was town, moments before his death.
Do you know why? Because Magma knew that CobaltKobold was town... because he's scum.
It is because when I protected him, No one died. Me coming out and saying this though probably doomed him, as the mafia roleblocker must have roleblocked me so I could not have save him.
Calling out a townie, agreeing with them, and most of all, saying that they're town -- these all build trust.
After they actually flip town, at first glance you might be convinced that Magma is more town-like.
"That guy predicted that CK would be town! He was right! Maan, we should listen to him!"
It sounds ridiculous, but it's a common strategy by newbie scum.
Looking at the way things went though, seems like that backfired on him.
I called him out because I honestly expected to die that night. I was trying to make sure he had some proof He was town, so you two couldn't just push the whole town into lynching him. But apparently you and your scumbuddy thought up this clever plan to get the town to lynch me, and eliminate the one who was right to suspect you in the first place. Since you have a role blocker, I'm just another townie to you since you identified me.
I just seriously hope that my reasoning isn't being manipulated by !!clever scum!! again like in BM3.
Now that was a nice touch, but really You are Scum
tehstefan and SirBayer, Please don't let them manipulate you into lynching me, like they did with Org.
Vector and Apostolic Nihilist are Scum. That is the truth.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 14, 2009, 12:12:06 pm »

Magma, sorry. I am afraid I believe AN. His story makes more sense to me. I vote for day shortening, I think we have scum.
Rules are for suckers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2009, 02:46:48 pm »

1 request for a day shortening requested.

2 more requests with no objections are required to shorten day.
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2009, 06:26:33 pm »

Magma, your acts of desperation only prove your guilt.
Counter-claiming doctor? Seriously?

Your argument is this:
"Vector and AN are the scumteam because they found each other suspicious sometimes."

We're supposed to believe:
You buddied with CobaltKobold to protect him but instead you simply drew attention to him.
Furthermore, there's been no evidence that there's even a mafia roleblocker in this game.
You didn't protect CobaltKobold last night. You aren't even the doctor.
You're desperate scum grasping for straws.

I don't think we should be too hasty in ending the day though, SirBayer. Times like these are essential.
We should be able to figure out Magma's scumbuddy by how others react -- shortening the day deprives us of this.
One thing scum absolutely hate are knowing they're about to be lynched.

The more uncomfortable you can make someone, the more likely they are to slip up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2009, 07:14:40 pm »

All right.  We've got two doctor claims, so at least one must be fake.  Therefore:

1. MagmaDeath, now that you've decided AN is scum, do you have any of your own reasoning to share?  One of the main reasons why I've been thinking you're a scumbucket is because you piggyback on others' thoughts all the time.  If you have some reasons why you think AN and I are scum other than "I say!  That one says he's the doctor and that one's not dead," I'd like to hear them.

2. Apostolic Nihilist, why are you marking CobaltKobold confirmed D4?  Might the scum not have chosen a no-NK?  It seems that you know a bit more than you should...

Altogether, he's been acting remarkably town-like, but it's only in moderation.

You say this after visiting Magma's Scumtell Bargain Sale yesterday?  I'm shocked.  You're being weaselly and passive.

I am leaning towards an Apostolic Nihilist and Vector scumteam, They were laying suspision onto each other, while voting for other players.

Just a sidenote--your reasoning is full of shit (at least with respect to me.  I'm not saying anything for AN).  Did you not notice that I've constantly been questioning and yelling at people I wasn't voting for?  That doesn't mean I'm scumbuddies with everyone I happen to have not voted.

Spoiler: Crazy theory (click to show/hide)

I'll admit that the theory's a bit crazy, and maybe when I come back to it tomorrow or on Monday I'll have decided it's too much of a reach.

That said, though, whether or not MagmaDeath and Apostolic Nihilist are the scumteam, MagmaDeath is scum.  He dies today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2009, 09:55:51 pm »

Well.

All right.  We've got two doctor claims, so at least one must be fake.  Therefore:

1. MagmaDeath, now that you've decided AN is scum, do you have any of your own reasoning to share?  One of the main reasons why I've been thinking you're a scumbucket is because you piggyback on others' thoughts all the time.  If you have some reasons why you think AN and I are scum other than "I say!  That one says he's the doctor and that one's not dead," I'd like to hear them.
AN is scum, because he claimed doctor. I know he is not the doctor and therefore must either be an extremely stupid townie, Or scum.
 Vector on the other hand I suspect of being Scum.  The fact he was never  targeted by the mafia makes him either someone they want to get lynched.

Just a sidenote--your reasoning is full of shit (at least with respect to me.  I'm not saying anything for AN).  Did you not notice that I've constantly been questioning and yelling at people I wasn't voting for?  That doesn't mean I'm scumbuddies with everyone I happen to have not voted.

Well, The Mafia could have been setting you up to be lynched, Or you are scum. AN is scum, So I'm sticking you two together.

Spoiler: Crazy theory (click to show/hide)
Huh, Why don't we lynch AN today, Since he is definetly Scum.
That said, though, whether or not MagmaDeath and Apostolic Nihilist are the scumteam, MagmaDeath is scum.  He dies today.

I am not Scum and if I get lynched, that's the game. The Mafia win.
Vector Could be scum.
AN is Scum, so lynch him, and we will not lose.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2009, 09:58:39 pm »

Also, I object To the day ending early, We'll need tehstefan to actually get rid of some Scum.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 4 Who are the true murderers?
« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »

1 Objection heard.  It will now require 4 requests to end day AND 4 votes on the same person in order to shorten or end the day.

Deadline: Tuesday, 11am EST.

Also:
Yeah.

I vote to End day early

Hopefully that will mean, of course, that my absence from friday to at least sunday will not be as keenly felt. Warning you all.

Plan accordingly.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 15, 2009, 04:05:06 pm »

Blargh.  This is a horrible Lylo.

Well.

AN is scum, because he claimed doctor. I know he is not the doctor and therefore must either be an extremely stupid townie, Or scum.
 Vector on the other hand I suspect of being Scum.  The fact he was never  targeted by the mafia makes him either someone they want to get lynched.

This is my problem with you, right there.

You have a purported claim, and you are riding that claim as your entire argument.  "Vector was never targeted by scum, so Vector is scum."  "I am the doctor and AN says he is the doctor, so AN is scum."  There is nothing else you are bringing to the table.  You aren't paying attention to anyone else.

For example...

SirBayer, why do you trust AN's claim so readily, and why are you sitting here BANDWAGONING AT LYLO?  You don't show up and talk unless you can ride a lynch.  What on earth makes you think this is pro-town?

tehstefan, I haven't caught you doing much, but you do tend to sit back a lot (which I've noticed novice scum doing with some frequency).  When you get back, I'd like to hear your opinions, in detail, on this entire situation.

Well, The Mafia could have been setting you up to be lynched, Or you are scum. AN is scum, So I'm sticking you two together.

Because of course SirBayer and tehstefan can't be scum?

I think I'll add "Knows too much about alignments" to our friendly list.  Wow, it's getting pretty long!

I am not Scum and if I get lynched, that's the game. The Mafia win.
Vector Could be scum.
AN is Scum, so lynch him, and we will not lose.

And another major scumtell: you're acting like one lynch will win you the game.  Only scum think like that.

Hence:

I'm keeping my vote on you.  It really, really sucks if I'm wrong about you, but I just don't buy this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 15, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »

I've been away - sorry. All of Saturday afternoon and most of today (Sunday).

I'm sorry if it seems like bandwagoning, Vector, but I do NOT believe a single word of MagmaDeath's little proposition here. I also don't buy your two-doctor gamble. One of them IS the real doctor, in my opinion, since neither you nor I is. That leaves Tehstefan, AN, and Magma. Magma is pretty clearly scum, Tehstefan is far too absent, and AN has a reasonable claim to doctor-ship. Looking back, I DID drop cop-tells by accident; his statements make sense.

Furthermore, I've never intended to bandwagon. I generally have this thing called "real life" that causes me to have to evaluate things later into the days, after people have started talking. Coincidental but unfortunate. I suppose I also lack proper Mafia mindset, but I'm working on that.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 15, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »

Furthermore, I've never intended to bandwagon. I generally have this thing called "real life" that causes me to have to evaluate things later into the days, after people have started talking. Coincidental but unfortunate. I suppose I also lack proper Mafia mindset, but I'm working on that.

Look, I understand about having a life and a schedule and all that.  Not everyone's conditions are as flexible as mine are.

I'm mostly annoyed and worried about you because you buy into others' analysis without questioning whether they are telling the truth.  It's not that you evaluate things later into the days, after people have started talking.  That would involve some posts that indicate you have your own questions about how people are saying things, why people are saying things, your own thoughts, your own opinions.  Like most of the town, you don't put pressure on anyone to see what comes out.

Well, anyway.  Hopefully tehstefan will get out here soon to provide input, and we can move on to D6.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28