Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 4: End - Winter Wonderland  (Read 49899 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 4: Day 5 Bloody Friday.
« Reply #360 on: November 16, 2009, 12:00:28 am »

I'm back. I'll have an analyze post coming soon, but man. I'll have to be thinking about this. It may be that I won't post until monday. I'll want to try and put together a good post.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 16, 2009, 12:11:34 am »

Well, here's part one.

Seems there are two veins of thought right now.

One, AN is the doctor, Magma is scum.

I can't fully say I subscribe to this point of view, but I agree with this view more than the latter. AN gave a good detailed report, but a few parts of it seem to stand out to me. He seemed to contradict himself, saying that he was acting very townlike, but in the next paragraph, says that he thought he was scum from before. Perhaps its the wording, and he meant the kill, prompting me to ask him

Was your quote about him being scum based on the nightkill, or prior experience?

Or, Magma is doctor, and AN is scum.

This whole story rides on a tell, that I don't like. He says that he was role blocked, so they could kill Cobalt. My problem, is that he seems to only suspect this. If my mafia fu is right,  you get a distinct message as the doctor if you are role blocked, and even more so, I believe the mafia would have targeted the doctor far more than they would have targeted Cobalt. Cobalt could be protected, the doctor can't be. So, a safe kill, which brings them to lylo, instead of a risky chance. So, thats what I consider faulty scum reasoning.

I'm not yet ready to vote, we have a whole other day left, even though towns already in agreement, but it'll take some serious work to get you out of this hole Magma.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 16, 2009, 12:15:30 am »

I am leaning towards an Apostolic Nihilist and Vector scumteam, They were laying suspision onto each other, while voting for other players.

Just a sidenote--your reasoning is full of shit (at least with respect to me.  I'm not saying anything for AN).  Did you not notice that I've constantly been questioning and yelling at people I wasn't voting for?  That doesn't mean I'm scumbuddies with everyone I happen to have not voted.

Well, The Mafia could have been setting you up to be lynched, Or you are scum. AN is scum, So I'm sticking you two together.
Because of course SirBayer and tehstefan can't be scum?

I think I'll add "Knows too much about alignments" to our friendly list.  Wow, it's getting pretty long!
They COULD be scum, But I don't suspect them as much as I suspect you. It might just be because you seem way too agressive to me, but I have a bad feeling about you.

I am not Scum and if I get lynched, that's the game. The Mafia win.
Vector Could be scum.
AN is Scum, so lynch him, and we will not lose.

And another major scumtell: you're acting like one lynch will win you the game.  Only scum think like that.
No, this lynch won't win us the game, But If you mislynch me, We'll lose.

Hence:

Yeah, Around half of those are also Doctor tell.

I'm keeping my vote on you.  It really, really sucks if I'm wrong about you, but I just don't buy this.
Yes, It does suck that you are wrong.
So go on ahead and lose the game for us.
It seems that I cant change your mind.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 16, 2009, 12:22:08 am »

They COULD be scum, But I don't suspect them as much as I suspect you. It might just be because you seem way too agressive to me, but I have a bad feeling about you.

It amuses me that you continue to follow AN's arguments.  You should stop that.

Hence:

Yeah, Around half of those are also Doctor tell.

And the other half are bonafide scumtells.  Congratulations, you managed to find a fakeclaim that fits with your particular behavior.  Way To Go.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2009, 12:24:08 am »

Well, here's part one.

I can't fully say I subscribe to this point of view, but I agree with this view more than the latter. AN gave a good detailed report, but a few parts of it seem to stand out to me. He seemed to contradict himself, saying that he was acting very townlike, but in the next paragraph, says that he thought he was scum from before. Perhaps its the wording, and he meant the kill, prompting me to ask him

Was your quote about him being scum based on the nightkill, or prior experience?

Or, Magma is doctor, and AN is scum.

This whole story rides on a tell, that I don't like. He says that he was role blocked, so they could kill Cobalt. My problem, is that he seems to only suspect this. If my mafia fu is right,  you get a distinct message as the doctor if you are role blocked, and even more so, I believe the mafia would have targeted the doctor far more than they would have targeted Cobalt. Cobalt could be protected, the doctor can't be. So, a safe kill, which brings them to lylo, instead of a risky chance. So, thats what I consider faulty scum reasoning.

I'm not yet ready to vote, we have a whole other day left, even though towns already in agreement, but it'll take some serious work to get you out of this hole Magma.
Yes, it will.
Apperently Dakarian dosen't give you a messege if you get roleblocked. And why would the mafia kill me when I can be a nice easy lynch for them at lylo? If that risky chance failed would have brought another day of mylo. Since people seem not to want to lynch at mylo, they could try this as many times as they liked.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2009, 01:38:02 am »

Given this is involving discussion of a game effect that has not been explained.

Doctors receive no message if they are blocked
Mafia receive no message if the target was protected
Cops receive a 'failed' message if they are blocked

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2009, 03:21:54 am »

Well, thats what made me think of roleblock. Hrrm. His doctor claim got slightly more feasible, but I still don't buy it.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2009, 02:40:31 pm »

I wasnt actually sure what happened myself, untill I checked the first page and saw that the mafia could have a roleblocker.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2009, 05:47:23 pm »

Well, here's part one.

It was based on the nightkill. I was going to suggest that MagmaDeath would be scum if CK died, but obviously saying that would let scum NK CK and mess up with my theory.

Now, I know that Magma is scum. He's condemned himself there, but we can still be searching for his scumbuddy.
I don't like the stagnant state that town seems to have gotten itself into: we're mostly in agreement here, but when we hit scum we don't win. We still have another scum to take out after this. I'm likely going to be NKed, there's not much we can do about that; I won't be alive tomorrow to voice my suspicions.

Right now, in order of potential danger:
Vector     {NOT A VOTE}
SirBayer
tehstefan

I'll point out my opinions on people this day:

SirBayer really seems to want this to end, a sentiment I don't much like. More time means more time for scum to slip up, so...

tehstefan's, "it'll take some serious work to get you out of this hole Magma." seems like buddying, but it doesn't make sense for scum to do that, so I really don't understand. Assuming tehstefan is Magma's scumbuddy then this sentence will just implicate him when Magma flips town. It's either spreading WIFOM or it's a genuine observation.

Of course, then there's Vector. He's been attacking MagmaDeath ridiculously hard. It really smacks of bussing, and not of the desperate sort. This is less a 'Vector is suspicious!' as it is 'Do not trust anything he says tomorrow.'
Just... make sure you don't think Vector's cleared after Magma flips scum.
That's the only advice I can really give at this point.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2009, 06:30:15 pm »

Part two!

This is more of a trying to figure out who to vote for next.

there are a few people.

Vector
AN
SirBayer

Vector so far is a null. His being alive is a severe tell, but from what he's been doing, he seems to be a rather active town, and been more helpful than most other people. Therefore null tell. I find it highly suspect that he would be so aggressive, and mafia, especially since he's experienced.

AN is more scummy. He tends to act rather lurky, and as Vector brings up quite often, tends to bandwagon on people, or target lurkers. However, he's not been that bad at all, and is only in light of circumstances.

SirBayer to me, hasn't done enough to really set him out. Sure, he's given quite a few scum tells, but he's not been really active enough to get a decent read on, at least to me. Which, of course, smacks of scum. How things fall tomorrow will decide things, but it should be interesting.

Also, AN, if Magmadeath flips town, the games over, so your point's kind of null.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2009, 12:16:17 am »

I'm impatient. Constantly true. *shrug* I haven't played enough for you guys to know that, though, so not much I can say about that.

Tehstefan, there are TWO scum. Do not try to make us make that mistake, scumbucket.

As I was saying, I'm impatient, and I want to confirm that we've ended this appropriately. We're almost sure we have scum, but we don't know positively until the man's dead. So I'm excited to see. Especially if he turns out to be a Mafia roleblocker - I don't think they have one, though.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 17, 2009, 01:15:21 am »

The thing is, Since I was roleblocked they have to have one.
And once Im lynched and flip town, That's the game.
Is there anything I can do to prevent us from losing?
Not really. AN, Vector and SirBayer seem to be set on lynching me.
So, I give up. Lynch me and we lose, and you seem to want to make us lose.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 17, 2009, 11:17:41 am »

tehstefan's, "it'll take some serious work to get you out of this hole Magma." seems like buddying, but it doesn't make sense for scum to do that, so I really don't understand. Assuming tehstefan is Magma's scumbuddy then this sentence will just implicate him when Magma flips town. It's either spreading WIFOM or it's a genuine observation.

He says, if he flips town, it implicates me. I was pointing out that if he flips town, the games over because we lose.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 17, 2009, 12:04:24 pm »

"Hey, Dakarian. Come in."

Dakarian leans back against the front door of the cabin, his ear to the walky-talky.

Webadict's voice comes from the other end "Any luck up in the cabin?"

The Sargent sighs before responding, "Nothing.  We have everything we can take from the scene now so you're free to make do with it as you wish."

After a little more smalltalk, Dakarian finishes his final communication with the cabin's owner.  He's sure that Webadict won't have any wish to keep the cabin after all of this.  The event is just made so much worse since it may just go unsolved.  7 dead and two missing, possibly the killers.  They left a clear sign of how they escaped in the snow: by air.. a helicopter probably.  If they had access to that then this isn't something a small time police force can handle.  He'll send over the information, along with Vector an Apostolic Nihilist's Bio to the feds.

Dakarian has a feeling, though, that he'd be just wasting his time.

The game is over.  Vector and Apostolic Nihilist, mafiosos have won.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 17, 2009, 12:07:04 pm »

Scumchat.

Good game, guys!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28