Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: TvTropes page on LCS! Needs more Liberal Tropes!  (Read 13402 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: TvTropes page on LCS! Needs more Liberal Tropes!
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 09:33:32 am »

Added Color Coded For Your Convenience, Courtroom Antic, Crosses The Line Twice and The Power Of Rock. Whee!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 10:00:09 am »

We should consider adding LCS as an example to the pages of all the relevant tropes.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 01:22:05 pm »

Ohh here are some more

-Super Lawyer: For a large sum of cash you can hire an Ace Attorney. He will inherantly be greater then any super lawyer you could possible create.
-Hollywood Law: Do well enough in court and you can be aquitted for all crimes up to and including multiple accounts of mass homicide, treason, and theft. On the other hand, do badly enough and even minor crimes can see you to the gallows.
-Cardboard Prison: It is not only easy to break people out of prison, but excapees are instantly pardoned for all crimes.

I am trying to find one that involves the Seduction but I cannot find it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:53:43 pm by Neonivek »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 01:44:45 pm »

Neonivek, you want me to polish and add those, or will you be doing so yourself?

(Not that they need much polishing, mind you.)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 01:54:52 pm »

Neonivek, you want me to polish and add those, or will you be doing so yourself?

(Not that they need much polishing, mind you.)

You can do it if that is alright. (Also I am glad "Suicide by police" was made sensible)

I don't have a TV Tropes account anyhow.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 02:09:53 pm »

-Cardboard Prison: It is not only easy to break people out of prison, but excapees are instantly pardoned for all crimes.

No they aren't.  Get caught again and not even an ace attorney can save you.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 02:36:07 pm »

No they aren't.  Get caught again and not even an ace attorney can save you.

No problem!

Do "Prisoners" go back?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 02:55:51 pm »

Cardboard Prison is "partially averted", in that it's (relatively) easy to break them out again and again, but they'll be wanted for doing so.

H'm. There appears to be no trope for "Super Lawyer", even though other pages reference it as well, and it probably should exist. If I were more ambitious (and I will not let myself be), I'd try to add it myself, but as it is I'll just leave the link to the blank page in hopes some bolder soul will do so.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 03:38:13 pm »

Is there a shout-out example yet? The game has quite a lot of those, starting with ace attorney, some of the news reports, and go on from there.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2009, 05:07:03 pm »

ATM no.

Don't forget the DF brownies one.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 09:56:20 am »

Cardboard Prison is "partially averted", in that it's (relatively) easy to break them out again and again, but they'll be wanted for doing so.
I don't think that's actually an aversion, even a partial one. I shall modify the text to reflect this. Or stop reflecting it, rather.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 11:56:12 am »

I will concede that is a reasonable interpretation. But. There is a basis for me claiming a partial aversion. To wit, from the trope page:

Quote from: Cardboard Prison
They also have policies against re-arresting escaped Villains Out Shopping unless they commit another crime during the same episode.

If we take the trope to represent futility of incarceration, and include refusal to seek out non-recidivist escapees, it's a partial aversion. If we take this as a non-fundamental characteristic, and only judge its application on the prison's ability to initially hold prisoners, it is played straight.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:59:09 am by E. Albright »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2009, 09:14:47 pm »

It's a strange half partial aversion.  You can hang around the police department, chatting with the officers and they won't care that you are a most wanted terrorist.  But if you start selling tie die shirts, they'll send the death squads after ya as soon as they get wind.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2009, 11:40:43 pm »

It's a strange half partial aversion.  You can hang around the police department, chatting with the officers and they won't care that you are a most wanted terrorist.  But if you start selling tie die shirts, they'll send the death squads after ya as soon as they get wind.

Disproportionate Retribution

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2009, 11:48:10 pm »

Not even the death squads kill you for selling t-shirts.  Selling t-shirts is just what let you get caught.  It's your previous deeds they kill you for.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5