Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: TvTropes page on LCS! Needs more Liberal Tropes!  (Read 13320 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: TvTropes page on LCS! Needs more Liberal Tropes!
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2010, 01:58:44 am »

-Plot Armor: Get enough Juice and a character not only becomes capable of surviving attacks that would kill them otherwise even beyond what their body stat will allow, but they also will find that more people will be willing to take bullets for them.
--Please check this one

Actually, what happens is their body stat increases with juice to near-godlike levels.  But the second part is true, although I think it pertains only to subordinates.

But the real plot armor is the fact that the Leader is harder to kill than the other members.  But it's somewhat adverted by the fact that this applies to the first leader, and the guy who takes over when the first leader dies, and the guy who takes over when the second leader dies, and...you get the point.  Everyone's expendable, especially when I play.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 02:08:38 am »

But the real plot armor is the fact that the Leader is harder to kill than the other members.  But it's somewhat adverted by the fact that this applies to the first leader, and the guy who takes over when the first leader dies, and the guy who takes over when the second leader dies, and...you get the point.  Everyone's expendable, especially when I play.

Oh man, I forgot about that feature... yeah, it's a 75% damage reduction made of pure plot armor, just so that your founder feels more awesome and less like you have to hide him in your parents basement. I have to remember that when I try to do combat balancing and wonder why bullets seem to constantly bounce off of my founder.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 11:18:04 pm »

WOW 75%!  I didn't think my founder's plot armor was that strong.  And then I cowardly give my founder real armor....and a god is born.

It sounds like combat testing would be best with non-founders.  Otherwise, next version might be too deadly, lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]