Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: TvTropes page on LCS! Needs more Liberal Tropes!  (Read 13408 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: TvTropes page on LCS! Needs more Liberal Tropes!
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 09:06:22 am »

Right, I almost forgot about AMJ, we totally need an example of that, who had the most hilarious court-case crime-list?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2009, 05:53:16 pm »

On the AMJ page they have a link to "All Crimes Are Equal".

When the death penalty is C+, that's accurate, and thus belongs on the LCS page.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 12:19:44 am »

There should totally be a jaywalking offense which happens automatically every time your liberals flee the police on foot after a raid.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 06:01:26 am »

There should totally be a jaywalking offense which happens automatically every time your liberals flee the police on foot after a raid.
There already is a jaywalking offense if I remember it right, and you can get arson when you use flamethrowers, so it is possible to actually get a court case for arson, murder, and jaywalking.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 01:12:26 am »

No jaywalking, you might be thinking of loitering though. Unfortunately, you won't get it unless you don't have anything else on there. I do agree it would be great if you could get jaywalking from fleeing the police on foot.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »

There already is a jaywalking offense if I remember it right, and you can get arson when you use flamethrowers, so it is possible to actually get a court case for arson, murder, and jaywalking.

Arson is usually triggered by using Molotov Cocktails.  You can't buy flamethrowers at the local pawn shop...

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2009, 03:29:20 pm »

Arson is usually triggered by using Molotov Cocktails.  You can't buy flamethrowers at the local pawn shop...
I solved that problem by recruiting 6 gang members, giving them rifles and body armour, and directing them in the general direction of the fire station when free speech was at C+. Molotvs work too, I guess.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2009, 09:52:56 am »

I think I have a screenshot of someone being charged with three counts of treason, terrorism, multiple counts of murder, assault and kidnapping, and finally vandalism and disturbing the peace. What's "disturbing the peace", anyway? Playing guitars at people? Liberal Disobedience?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2009, 10:33:08 am »

What's "disturbing the peace", anyway?
Playing guitars at people
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2009, 04:02:35 pm »

You can get it for liberal disobedience too.

LiteralKa

• Bay Watcher
  • LCS Developer
    • View Profile
    • My Website!
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2009, 01:46:42 am »

What's "disturbing the peace", anyway?
Playing guitars at people
Especially if you play like GG Allin. :o
LCS developer, insomniac, writer.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2010, 11:50:43 am »

Let me think of some more

-Bag of Spilling: People can throw away their lives, become willing to give their life for you, and could effectively be your slave, however, when they join your cause anything they weren't carrying on them at the time is effectively gone. Even Landlords will find their buildings with a new owner almost immediately.

-News Travels Fast: Averted. When you kidnap someone there is an invisable timer to brainwash them before people will notice they were gone, however, once this timer is up everyone will know they have been brainwashed for the liberal agenda. This aversion doesn't extend to crimes or non-brainwashing type conversions.

-Plot Armor: Get enough Juice and a character not only becomes capable of surviving attacks that would kill them otherwise even beyond what their body stat will allow, but they also will find that more people will be willing to take bullets for them.
--Please check this one

-Vendor Junk: Any and all randomised loot you find in any location that wasn't taken off someone's body will be completely useless except to earn more money.

Also we need a trope for the fact that you can effectively saduce people, relatively quickly, and make them your love slaves for life.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:54:59 am by Neonivek »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »

I added some notes, but as I went to enter a reason (and my nym) I hit enter and submitted the page.

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2010, 01:17:30 pm »

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2010, 03:22:25 pm »

-Vendor Junk: Any and all randomised loot you find in any location that wasn't taken off someone's body will be completely useless except to earn more money.

Or publish it, actually. Publishable information is a random loot in many locations.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5