Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: FlareChannel 538 - updated Dec 14, IMAGE HEAVY  (Read 161190 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: FlareChannel 538 - updated Dec 14, IMAGE HEAVY
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »

What a beautiful fort and wonderful story!

I can write well, but I dont think I could ever do megaprojects even close to yours. I am one of those people who has trouble visualising in 3D.  You know how in IQ tests you have to guess the next 3D shape, or hwo 2d shapes would look 3D or whatever? Those questions always shave off a good 0-5 points off my score. I know I'm smart, but damn, if that was all those tests relied upon, I'd be a moron.

Point is, I envy your ability in that and applaud the results!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2011, 10:16:24 am »

Brainslposion

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2011, 12:24:02 am »

Still amazing.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2011, 08:31:07 am »

Don't think this thread is necro'ed, or is it?

Anyway I love how people heap a bunch of ASCII (or graphicated, however you like) images in 2-D and store them up, floor by floor, into one heck of a masterpieced fortress.

This is why I love DF, so simple yet so complex. It is a paradox within itself  :D

(Sorry for posting and re-bumping this though. Hope nobody minds)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2015, 01:48:14 pm »

Holy mother of God.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2015, 02:21:42 pm »

Ah, this old thread! I remember reading the tale of Catten and the Eagle a while ago.

I'll be straight, I owe a lot to you. You inspired Bastiongate. You are the reason for Bastiongate's giant sparrows and its Eyrie. You are the reason I always feel like there is more to be done, even though I just finished walling off hell and my dwarves eat demons for breakfast. You are the reason I keep playing Bastiongate, because I want Bastiongate to surpass Flarechannel.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »

If ever a thread deserved to be pulled from the darkest sections of the long forgotten maze that is past threads...

This is the one.

Excuse me while I pick up my jaw.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2015, 03:49:18 am »

Heh, I can see myself 4 years younger..as the last post before 2015. Woo! :P Ahh how I remember me~...
But yes. This is a great thread (and is in the B12 Hall of Fame for total posterity).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]