Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: FlareChannel 538 - updated Dec 14, IMAGE HEAVY  (Read 161341 times)

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
Re: FlareChannel 538 - updated Dec 14, IMAGE HEAVY
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2010, 07:53:22 pm »

My bad.I dont know much about rams or dual power cores and that kind of stuff.

EDIT: whoops double post...slow internet my bad must had press post twice...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:53:29 pm by xdarkcodex »
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2010, 12:40:29 am »

Apparently neither does tobias.  :P
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2010, 12:57:21 am »

I'm pretty sure Tobias just hadn't read far enough back in the conversation to catch the context of the post he quoted. Easy mistake.

Also, my Consort just died. The Duchess had one last child after that, which left her with a total of 40 children. Wooooo!

Zruku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2010, 01:02:09 am »

I love the massive amount of dead hammerers, did they ever get the message?

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2010, 01:08:06 am »

Hah, I kept hoping they would - you would think slowly dehydrating to death next to a lava vent would be a terrifying enough concept.

But then I learned I can just take away their hammers, and they lose any ability to uphold their position. Kinda strange.

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2010, 12:16:08 pm »

I'm pretty sure Tobias just hadn't read far enough back in the conversation to catch the context of the post he quoted. Easy mistake.

Also, my Consort just died. The Duchess had one last child after that, which left her with a total of 40 children. Wooooo!

40 children?? Was this Consort a freakin nympho?
EDIT: I just downloaded the save. Good god that's a lot of dead hammerers.
Double EDIT: What's up with the forest fire that I'm seeing on the bottom level when I load up the game?
Triple EDIT: I keep finding stuff that makes me laugh. I found the Dungeon Master's room and his 88 cabinets full to the brim of spider silk cloaks, with more spider silk cloaks littering the floor on every available tile.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:34:13 pm by KylonOrina »

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2010, 12:52:26 am »

Magnificent.

My favorite part: the 30+ pages of booze barrels in each of the stills

Horseplank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2010, 01:10:32 am »

Holy wah.

This is a dwarven fortress. A REAL dwarven fortress.

I salute you.
The Wolf's head flies off in a bloody arc!

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2010, 07:24:31 pm »

40 children?? Was this Consort a freakin nympho?
EDIT: I just downloaded the save. Good god that's a lot of dead hammerers.
Double EDIT: What's up with the forest fire that I'm seeing on the bottom level when I load up the game?
Triple EDIT: I keep finding stuff that makes me laugh. I found the Dungeon Master's room and his 88 cabinets full to the brim of spider silk cloaks, with more spider silk cloaks littering the floor on every available tile.

The forest fire is probably the result of lava I dumped from my magmaduct which I used to fill the Colosseum. It would at least be in the same general time zone that happened.
I don't know how the Duchess/Consort got anything done at all considering all the babies they were popping out. Now they have both passed away from old age and have been replaced by another Duchess/Consort - but the consort was a very depressed person and despite trying to make all his mandates starved himself to death.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, a few elven ambushes last year took down quite a few dwarves. Maybe 4 or so. Which is almost unheard of, not sure what went wrong. Still, a heroic dwarf rose to the challenge as a sword elf was chasing down an injured marksdwarf. He got recruited into the military with no experience and took on the elf single handedly. Needless to say, he was outmatched, but as he lost blood from his mortal wounds he tacked the elf and pulled him into the depths of the circular entrance tower, drowning them both.

I've been building a new marble done to top off the meeting hall tower and spa, and my giant eagles seem to be ecstatic about it. Besides flying around it and inside of it fairly often, a good number of them will occasionally meet to perch on top of what's been built. Here's hoping that they'll make the eventual roof their nesting perch

HFS spoiler below!

Also, more updated wide view of Flarechannel

*Poster*

• Bay Watcher
  • It is a mystery to everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2010, 08:11:39 pm »

Obligatory holy jumpin' Armok on a unicycle. *Applauds and raises mug* Cheers to you, you crazy, beautiful fellow.
The Tower of Fu, a massive wooden statue of a middle finger facing north towards the elven lands, is completed, crafted from 760 wooden blocks of differing types of wood.  It is designated as a stockpile for lye, potash, ash, and coal.
Six out of seven dwarves are not Happy.

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2010, 02:05:56 am »

You're still playing the fort? I thought you had semi retired it.

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2010, 03:47:35 am »

I'm still playing it at a somewhat reduced level, but my previous attitude was more of "I'm probably never going to complete the last goals on my list". Which is still a fair possibility, but not looking near so bleak as it was. The cavern is going faster than I thought it would, and my ideas for what to do with it are more concrete than they were.

Mraedis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2010, 05:09:31 am »

I thought you'd reached the maximum level of awesomeness but you are still pushing the boundary!
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KylonOrina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2010, 05:16:51 am »

What "cavern" is this?

QuantumSawdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2010, 04:21:18 pm »

What "cavern" is this?