Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Levers you regret pulling...

(1/5) > >>

Skorpion:
And what they do.

Now, after having just pulled my 'release the hounds' lever, which was hooked to a cage stuffed with god knows how many wardogs to chomp a goblin ambush, they've started to cause huge amounts of trouble with pathing.
I also have a good many levers that flood things with water and magma.

What're your 'do not pull' levers?

tp12:
Lets see...

Cog: HOLY SHIT WE BREACHED A MAGMA PIPE PULL THE EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN LIVER!
Oddom: sure thing bro. *pulls*
3 years later...
Kogsak: Hey... what does this liver do...OHMYGODITBURNS!

Kulantan:

--- Quote from: tp12 on October 21, 2009, 03:59:03 pm ---PULL THE EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN LIVER!

--- End quote ---

That is quite good :)

Mine is the one that fills the entrance* with magma by dumping it from an aerial magma cistern, yet doesn't auto-seal the entrance with the steel bridge.

*my entrance is down stairs directly into my farming area, the stockpiles are on the next level connected by up/down, then down the central shaft it is the meeting hall, then the...

UristMcGunsmith:
So my dorfs were minding there own business when a 30 gobbo siege begins. I tell everyone to get in the fort and wait for my command to pull the lever. The lever shoots spikes upwards in my entire entrance hall, which is a good 40 tiles long.

As my dorfs enter the entrance hall I give the order to pull the lever which raises the drawbgridge on the outside of my fort, as a lot of gobbos were on it and I hardly pass up a chance to watch a gobbo fly. I pull the lever then get a shit ton of messages saying "Urist McGeneric has bled to death/been struck down."

I realized I mixed up the spikes lever with the drawbridge lever, killing about 20 dwarfs, 7 being children

martinuzz:

--- Quote from: UristMcGunsmith on October 21, 2009, 04:33:33 pm ---

I realized I mixed up the spikes lever with the drawbridge lever, killing about 20 dwarfs, 7 being children

--- End quote ---

Even though this might not have been the most efficient way of dealing with childplosion, bonus points for bloody style are awarded

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version