Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 54558 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2009, 10:53:55 pm »

... Wouldn't the added person be town for sure? Since there was three scum to begin with and the number of scum isn't going to change, he is, therefore, a confirmed townie.
Basically, read this: Unexpected Hanging Paradox

So, I think that Toony choose randomly.  There's really no more or less chance of Twiggie being scum than anyone else in my opinion.  In fact, I think that it's vaguely suspicious of you, webadict, for pointing it out.  Scum players often go for *easy* lynches, I think this definitively falls into that category.

For now, vote webadict.
Easy Lynch? Are you serious?

WOW! Okay, let's do this.

Okay, let's go over the obvious, because you seem to be missing several pieces:
DAY 1 START
There is 3 mafia WITHOUT a normal mafia-kill.

I feel pretty proud of this setup.  Hehehe.
That means we have 3 (1 + 1 + 1) mafia members. Now, when Twiggie joined:
uhhh toony, am i in or not? i notice im not on the list on the front page...
There was no additional scum post. Not like it'd matter, because that would confirm him as scum as well. Therefore, we can assume he's not scum.

It's not the simple lynch, moron, because this should've been obvious. The fact you refuse to admit this is simple idiocy. He would've been modkilled later at a lylo situation if you had let it go. Is that what you wanted?

So, instead of screwing over the town, how about you help instead?

And if he doesn't die, then there's a chance he's a yellow or a green. So, you can go cry in a corner if he dies, or shut up when he doesn't. It's rather simple if you think about it. I'm pretty sure you didn't.

But there's absolutely no chance of him being scum. Otherwise, we'd know and he'd die, you stupid moron. Go shoot yourself in the face.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2009, 11:02:06 pm »

I thought about that before I posted, but I didn't really read too deeply into it.

I wouldn't say he's any more likely or less likely to be scum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a third-party alignment. Seems like Toony would catch something really obvious like that, and then feel the need to correct it. Instead of making him scum, he gave him a different alignment from both groups.

...or Toony realized a 13th player would just add more WIFOM and didn't bother with anything complex.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2009, 11:13:23 pm »

I thought about that before I posted, but I didn't really read too deeply into it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a third-party alignment. Seems like Toony would catch something really obvious like that, and then feel the need to correct it. Instead of making him scum, he gave him a different alignment from both groups.

...or Toony realized a 13th player would just add more WIFOM and didn't bother with anything complex.
0% chance for him to be scum. ToonyMan would have to tell us, plus 4 scum in 13p means we have 2 mislynches, which is also a bad choice (Plus about 30% scum instead of the about 25%).

Plus, he didn't say any additional scum. Like he did at the beginning. Therefore, impossible scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2009, 11:18:17 pm »

Did you even read the link that I posted?

The very fact that you said that you said this:
But there's absolutely no chance of him being scum. Otherwise, we'd know and he'd die, you stupid moron. Go shoot yourself in the face.
and that Twiggie hasn't died means one of three things:
- ToonyMan hasn't been on to deal with the situation.
- You are right, Twiggie has to be town (then he should be dead).
- Apostolic Nihilist is right, Twiggie has to be third party (then he should be dead).
- ToonyMan did exactly what I said he did and choose Twiggie's alignment as if it were random with two subcases:
  - You are scum and were hoping that no one would do what I just did.
  - You are town and now looking awfully hard at me.  If I were scum, this would be exactly what I would want (because then you aren't actually scum hunting).

Your attitude is even less helpful that you apparently think mine is.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2009, 11:29:33 pm »

Did you even read the link that I posted?

The very fact that you said that you said this:
and that Twiggie hasn't died means one of three things:
- ToonyMan hasn't been on to deal with the situation.
- You are right, Twiggie has to be town (then he should be dead).
- Apostolic Nihilist is right, Twiggie has to be third party (then he should be dead).
- ToonyMan did exactly what I said he did and choose Twiggie's alignment as if it were random with two subcases:
  - You are scum and were hoping that no one would do what I just did.
  - You are town and now looking awfully hard at me.  If I were scum, this would be exactly what I would want (because then you aren't actually scum hunting).

Your attitude is even less helpful that you apparently think mine is.
I read the link. It was pointless.

But he won't die so long as there is a chance he is yellow or green, instead of only green. But there is 0 chance he can be scum, and therefore, a lynch on him is pointless unless he's an SK. And, obviously, no one knows if he's yellow or green.

Therefore, your list is completely wrong. There IS a chance he's yellow or green. Just because I SAY someone is green or yellow or red and it's true doesn't kill him. That's not confirmed. So before you start looking stupid (Too late), learn a thing or two about the game.

If he's scum, ToonyMan would have to tell us, thereby confirming him as scum (And killing him).
If he's green or yellow, ToonyMan doesn't increase the scum (Which he didn't, in case you weren't paying attention).

Obviously, if I received my role within a short time, ToonyMan dealt with the situation, since, get this, things tend to happen in the ORDER THAT THEY HAPPEN! Try not to think too hard about that because you might hurt yourself.

Now do you understand or is this still over your head?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2009, 11:40:19 pm »

I still do not think your attitude is very helpful.  But then again, by continuing this, I'm not being helpful either.
I have better ways to deal with whether or not you are scum than voting for you.
unvote
I'll see what else is going on in the morning.

Toony, do you have a rough estimate (or better yet a solid estimate) of when the first day is scheduled to end?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2009, 11:44:32 pm »

Webadict: Why would he 'have' to tell us if he's scum? This is Toon Mafia.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2009, 11:47:05 pm »

I still do not think your attitude is very helpful.  But then again, by continuing this, I'm not being helpful either.
I have better ways to deal with whether or not you are scum than voting for you.
unvote
I'll see what else is going on in the morning.

Toony, do you have a rough estimate (or better yet a solid estimate) of when the first day is scheduled to end?
Likewise, continuing to prove you wrong is exhausting and equally pointless.

Now:

So, would that somehow make it better to lynch him? I thought we were trying to lynch scum here. I've just proven how he can't be scum. Now, why do you continue to vote him?

Webadict: Why would he 'have' to tell us if he's scum? This is Toon Mafia.
Yes. Also, 2 mislynches is not enough. The statistics would be too unbalanced. 0%.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2009, 11:55:10 pm »

We'd have two mislynches and then arrive at a lylo. It dosen't seem unbalanced to me.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2009, 11:58:48 pm »

We'd have two mislynches and then arrive at a lylo. It dosen't seem unbalanced to me.

2 Mislynches.

4 Scum.

You'd need FOUR CORRECT LYNCHES... IN A ROW!

Ridiculous!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2009, 12:05:31 am »

FUCKING RIDONCULOUS
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2009, 12:07:09 am »

Let's see.
9 town, 4 scum.
Lynch town.
Night-kill town.
7 town, 4 scum.
Lynch town.
Night-kill town.
5 town, 4 scum.
Lylo.

We'd have to mislynch three townies to lose.
I've played some mafia.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2009, 12:08:25 am »

I'm voting him because I believe he's third-party. His motives may not be directly against Town, but that's what I'm trying to find out.
That's why I'm voting him, applying pressure, and asking questions.

The less anti-town aligned players, the better we'll fare.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2009, 12:15:41 am »

What we need to do chiefly is kill the scum. Killing the anti-town is nice, but we'll still lose even if we get three anti-towns in a row.
I've played some mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2009, 12:19:41 am »

Apostolic Nihilist, are you being a moron on PURPOSE or on ACCIDENT? Killing 3rd parties is far more helpful to scum than to the town.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37