Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 54321 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #180 on: October 27, 2009, 10:55:05 pm »

Pandarsenic
- Being abrasive (perhaps role? not all posts, so not sure)
Suck a dick.

- Jumping on Leafsnail then immediately off when called on it
Someone (I don't even remember who) pointed out whatever it is he'd done wasn't really worth a vote. I agreed. Go fuck a goat.

- Bandwagoning
Your mom bandwagons on my penis.

It's funny 'cuz it's true.

- Agressive again, throughout the whole game
Aggression is a towntell, dipshit.

- Replaced players have a slight scum tendency IMO
What the fuck are you even talking about!?

Twiggie
- Posts aren't really helpful
You're voting "Aggressive" over "Posts aren't helpful"!? Are you out of your fucking mind?

Given this, I'm going to vote Pandarsenic.  Right now, I'm willing to given Apostolic Nihilist the benifit of the doubt for the rolefishsing, I'm curious about Twiggie's role myself given his late join.
ARGDAHYLKGAKDLFJLAKDHGLKDSAHGLKJA

webadict also bugs me, both when he was Rashilul and after he changed, for different reasons.  If I had to choose two people for the scum team right now, I would choose Pandarsenic and webadict, which is kind of scary.[/quote]
Scum team is 3 people and don't pair me with him, jackass.

Webadict-Pandarsenic fight is a staged fight by scum to bus each other. I unvote Archangel, and vote Webadict.
I've claimed these a number of times and never actually seen one that was really happening.  If this is the first one, awesome. On the other hand, I'm pretty suspicious of webadict as well, so all's fair.
Cheeetar, you're on crack. Janus, you're right about ONE thing. Everyone bitches about the scum staging fights and nothing ever comes of it.

Well, no shit, Shercock.

But even the scum wants an SK gone. Anti-town isn't necessarily pro-Scum. Pay attention.
Duuuuuh, how about Survivor, numbskull?

Pro-scum, you stupid moron.

Oh, wait, is that all of the yellows? Maybe a cult or something? They aren't necessarily anti-scum, and tend to harm town more that anything, so don't assume idiotic things like that they're harmless.

Very few that are strictly pro-scum, I said. Pay a-fucking-ttention.
I didn't say they were harmless, I said they were more likely to be something scum wants to get rid of.

Fake-edit: Okay, Webadict, that's a bit overkill there. He's a douchetard but he's not hopeless.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 27, 2009, 10:56:08 pm »

D:
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2009, 11:01:33 pm »

Meh, fine.

Archangel.

Because he won't be killed if he's town (Or be helpful), and if he's scum we'll never lynch him.

I've got enough data as is.

Bus: To distance yourself from a scum partner by pretending to disagree with them or vote for them.

Or is bussing limited to voting for them for no apparent reason?
Distancing. Different from bussing.

Bussing refers to offing/voting your fellow scummates to look more town.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2009, 11:01:52 pm »

1. For the record: "distancing" is when mafia posts against their partner to look like they aren't together.  "Bussing" is trying to get your partner killed so that you look better. 

2. Before Pandar went back into 'jerk mode' (jeesh, that NEVER helps town so please cool down) he started making sense again.  For now I'll pull off of him. Unvote

Cheeetar, though, looks rather quick to jump on webadict and claiming 'bus' because of an argument is rather reaching, especially since it's oh so easy for town to jump on town.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2009, 11:51:34 pm »

I don't understand your post. Claimed what a number of times? What?

Claimed that there were scum staging a fight.

- Agressive again, throughout the whole game
Aggression is a towntell, dipshit.

Granted.  Aggressive players are likely to be either townies or talented scum players. Let me reprase:

- Agressive Asshole again, throughout the whole game
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2009, 12:50:14 am »

Assholishness is a null tell.  Bay 12 had two that dripped of it and they both turned out town.

Assholishness mixed with something else can produce a powerful town/scum tell. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 28, 2009, 03:01:34 am »

Sorry everyone. I've got a virus of some sort and am not up to playing right now, but should be better soon. For the moment, I will just unvote.
... So... what?
I am unwell. I am not thinking as well as I normally do. I will be well soon. Get your vote off me.

Ah, hell. Just put me up for replacement. Hopefully though, I'll recover before you get one.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 28, 2009, 08:26:42 am »

Unvote.

Webadict and Pandarsenic, those attacks on Janus were totally uncalled for.  It's just a game, after all, and shouldn't really warrant personal insults.

That said, Pandarsenic's hyper aggressive tendancies seem to show more as town than scum (scum Pandarsenic is often pretty quiet and active lurkerish, in addition to more polite) so, while he could be deliberately acting against his own tells, I'd have him down as town at the moment.

I actually find Cheeetar far more scummy.  His bussing argument is pretty lazy (and bussing refers only to getting your partner killed, not just attacking them) and bandwagon-ish, and he seems to be trying to avoid attention from those who are most likely to accuse him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 28, 2009, 08:32:15 am »

Oh, and I'll be away from Thursday - Sunday, so you may want me replaced.  Then again, it's not that long an absence, so I'll leave it up to you.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:57 am »

Webadict-Pandarsenic fight is a staged fight by scum to bus each other. I unvote Archangel, and vote Webadict.

I'd like to see your evidence for it being staged. From here, it just looks like two abrasive people abrading each other. That said,

abuse

and

profanity

certainly didn't do anything to help the town either. I agree with Leafsnail that profane Pandarsenic tends not to be scum, so unless Cheeetar has some more evidence I wouldn't be in favor of a Pandarsenic lynch today.

With that, I'm going to Unvote and vote Webadict. He (as Janus pointed out) has been posting an abnormally high ratio of useless to useful posts, which is a bit scummy. He's also massively overreacting to Cheeetar's vote on him, and doing so in a way that is actively harmful to the town regardless of his and Cheeetar's alignment. Hurling walls of insults at people who vote for you never helps, even when they use the wrong terminology to describe their reasons.

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2009, 10:05:50 am »

I'd like to see your evidence for it being staged. From here, it just looks like two abrasive people abrading each other. That said,

abuse

and

profanity

certainly didn't do anything to help the town either. I agree with Leafsnail that profane Pandarsenic tends not to be scum, so unless Cheeetar has some more evidence I wouldn't be in favor of a Pandarsenic lynch today.

With that, I'm going to Unvote and vote Webadict. He (as Janus pointed out) has been posting an abnormally high ratio of useless to useful posts, which is a bit scummy. He's also massively overreacting to Cheeetar's vote on him, and doing so in a way that is actively harmful to the town regardless of his and Cheeetar's alignment. Hurling walls of insults at people who vote for you never helps, even when they use the wrong terminology to describe their reasons.

Teaches them to use it right. Duuuuuuuuuur.

And that was me being calm. I had to remove a spoiler full of the word "VOTE" for sanity purposes. Also, let's break down your post into the resulting nothing:

abuse

and

profanity

See, the words I see are "more" and "evidence." Which you seem to be lacking here:

Also, you've only pulled information from other people's posts, which is contrary to your playing style. And if you're going to describe my posting ability (Wrongly, I might add), let's describe yours.

It took so long because I was too busy saving a bunch of money on my car insurance.

Rysith

Tell me the nature of the mafia this time around.  Wild guess if you have to.

I Don't know or anything similar = death!

Given that this is Toon Mafia, and the poor experience with conversions last time, I'd agree that the public investigation -> modkill route seems reasonable. To add something to the theorizing, I'd guess that each of the mafia has a different variety of investigative role (role name, ability, town/scum, etc.), meaning that they may be able to stack their confirmations onto a single day, or force townies to not use their roles for fear of being confirmed.

Exactly. Who better to be mafia than one with the avatar of the beloved by many "Fang-tan"? Toony's been counting on us not voting on him for that exact reason. In fact, I bet he gets to kill anybody who refers to him in such a way as his special-kill.

That's extremely faulty logic, since we have no evidence that Toony assigned roles to people anything other than randomly. In fact, it would be extremely dangerous to do so in this game, as anything that gives a hint of confirmation is a threat.

That said: JanusTwoFace, why do you have only 1/13 of a vote on you, and if you knew someone else's alignment, how would you use that knowledge?

AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD... Oh wait. That's it. So, that's lurking, null content, bandwagoning, and lazy reasoning.

See what I did there? That was a complete description of your play style, right there, but done in a correct manner. It's not difficult if you're actually playing along. All I did was go back a few pages. If you're going to come into this game, look at one post and make yourself look like a non-functioning member of society, then you're as unhelpful as you claim I am.

So, you can go die, thank you.

Sorry everyone. I've got a virus of some sort and am not up to playing right now, but should be better soon. For the moment, I will just unvote.
... So... what?
I am unwell. I am not thinking as well as I normally do. I will be well soon. Get your vote off me.

Ah, hell. Just put me up for replacement. Hopefully though, I'll recover before you get one.
I suppose. But how about this: How does your being alive help anyone? You're never around to make an analysis in any game I play with you, and this hinders everyone else. Therefore, lynching you prevents you from lurking, which would avoid both lynches and NKs, no matter what team you're on, and when anyone calls you out on it, your only defense will be that you're unable to be at a computer to defend yourself and that we should wait three weeks for an adequate response.

I don't want to do that. Because by then, the town's lost, and we're angry at you. So, unless you can allay that, which you probably won't, I won't unvote you. Also, there are currently no one else scummier than you.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 28, 2009, 10:59:32 am »

Um.
Woah
What the fuck, webadict?
What the fuck, panda?
Not helpful. I feel for your motives, but there are nicer and more easily readable ways of telling people what idiots they are.
Although I must confess to finding 'Well, no shit, Shercock' quite amusing.

So um Cheeetar. Staged fights don't happen. They are an utter myth. Wise up a little.
But I can't really see any intentional stupidity in there.

Goddamit Archangel. Replace him post haste, Toony. Unvote for now.

Leafsnail! Happily voting for Cheeetar there for being an idiot, I see. You also had no problem with an AN lynch, also for, basically, being an idiot.
Here is an important life tip: A few people are stupid. The rest are really stupid.
So it is quite possible that stupid-looking people really are stupid.
Stupidity should be punished. A vote or two to teach them a lesson is fine. But lynching is over the top.
Or do you really think that those idiots are pretending?
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 28, 2009, 11:06:14 am »

Leafsnail! Happily voting for Cheeetar there for being an idiot, I see. You also had no problem with an AN lynch, also for, basically, being an idiot.
Here is an important life tip: A few people are stupid. The rest are really stupid.
So it is quite possible that stupid-looking people really are stupid.
Stupidity should be punished. A vote or two to teach them a lesson is fine. But lynching is over the top.
Or do you really think that those idiots are pretending?
I'm not voting him for being an idiot.  I think he used bussing as a lazy excuse to join a bandwagon, and to avoid attention from those who would cause a fuss.  He also hasn't said anything particularly meaningful since.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 28, 2009, 01:34:25 pm »

Alright, let me post in the replacement forum for Archangel.

I'll get the vote tally up in a bit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2009, 01:45:11 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

dakarian(Toony?) - eduren [1]
Archangel - Webadict [1]
Apostolic Nihilist - Pandarsenic [1]
NUKE9.13 - Twiggie [1]
Webadict - Vector, Cheeetar, Rysith [3]
Pandarsenic - JanusTwoFace [1]
Cheeetar - dakarian, Leafsnail [2]
Leafsnail - NUKE9.13 [1]

Not Voting - Archangel, Apostolic Nihilist [2]

~Day End Today 8 PM EST~

You can ask for an extension at anytime.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37