Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 54598 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2009, 08:55:35 am »

Also, because I might not be here later, I'll have an Extension, unless nobody else wants one.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2009, 09:06:07 am »

That would sort of make sense, the trying to get pressure on twiggie, [...]
Some variation of Lyncher/Lynchee, perhaps?

sorry, i dont understand what you're saying. maybe im being really dense, but can you explain what you mean here?
The lyncher is a third party role whose goal is to lynch the lynchee.
Long Live United Forenia!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2009, 10:26:52 am »

I'll take that extension

To be true, finding a link between people is hard and dangerous work early on.  The team could be buddying, distancing, or outright planning to bus themselves.  Once one of them is found, the town can better analyze the others and see who was avoiding that person, working with that person, being 'attacked' by that person, ext. 

At the individual level, AN looks bad based on what you just dredged up. 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2009, 02:12:26 pm »

~Day End Friday 8 PM EST~

Archangel appears to be ok so I'll just cross off that replacement post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2009, 03:02:35 pm »

Also, Archangel, where was that write-up you were going to do...?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2009, 06:12:16 pm »

Well, if we're not replacing Org's successor as Captain Useless...

y helo thar archangel
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2009, 08:56:47 pm »

Oh day extensions...

Anyways, I'm getting kind of frustrated with the lurkers (not just in this game, but in general).  If you're not going to post at least a decent amount, please stop joining games...  Even the abrasive people are better than people who don't post at all.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »

Of the three worst lurkers (Archangel, Rysith, and Vector), this is the sum total of their posts since I posted the my useful/useless posts thing (yesterday).

- Archangel got sick.
- Rysith had a somewhat useful post.
- Vector voted for the extension (single word)
- Archangel got better, said people were suspicious without any real reason and wondered off again.

So until one of them posts something useful, I'll start with unvoting and vote Vector.  Show and be useful please.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »

So... honestly, I trawled through this thing and have been following along the entire time, but I'm not quite sure what to say about it.  I feel like AN is playing clumsily and making beginner mistakes, but it's not like that's a scumtell or something.

If AN is looking for a particular yellow, as has been posited, then he shouldn't be testing for that with Twiggie.  This game is a closed system, remember?  We had 12 players, and now we have 13.  As such, AN cannot be looking for whatever Twiggie specifically is.  He could be looking for a class of yellows, but otherwise he's just rolefishing like mad.

That said, I've seen him do that as town in a handful of other games, so there you go.

If this is too obvious, I apologize (though it's a bit odd that Webadict didn't mention this conclusion, himself).  That said, your list fails to contain Twiggie, who is active-lurking all the way down the street.  Given that he's playing exactly the same as he played last time (and was scum then), I would like to see him come out and talk some more.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2009, 09:45:06 pm »

He's also avoided all of my questions.
Really, Twiggie. Please, just a few questions!
I risked my life to ask those questions, and you didn't even give them a second glance!

Are you pro-town?! Are you a third-party!? What's your favorite colour?!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2009, 09:57:16 pm »

That was a perfectly satisfactory post.  I'm not particularly sure what good will come of lynching Twiggie at the time being, but at least you gave a reason for it and had some content to your post.  Please don't just wonder off though, keep posting relevant stuff...  The more people we have actively contributing, the more difficult it is for the scum to hide methinks.

Therefore unvote and vote Archangel.  Come back please.  You were going to do something in an hour or so about 20 hours ago.  That's a bit extensive.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:10 pm »

So... honestly, I trawled through this thing and have been following along the entire time, but I'm not quite sure what to say about it.  I feel like AN is playing clumsily and making beginner mistakes, but it's not like that's a scumtell or something.

If AN is looking for a particular yellow, as has been posited, then he shouldn't be testing for that with Twiggie.  This game is a closed system, remember?  We had 12 players, and now we have 13.  As such, AN cannot be looking for whatever Twiggie specifically is.  He could be looking for a class of yellows, but otherwise he's just rolefishing like mad.

That said, I've seen him do that as town in a handful of other games, so there you go.

If this is too obvious, I apologize (though it's a bit odd that Webadict didn't mention this conclusion, himself).  That said, your list fails to contain Twiggie, who is active-lurking all the way down the street.  Given that he's playing exactly the same as he played last time (and was scum then), I would like to see him come out and talk some more.
No, I didn't mean he was looking for a particular yellow. You're right, that'd make me a moron. No, I was just trying to see if he was looking for an SK as a Survivor or some such thing.

But, this:
Of the three worst lurkers (Archangel, Rysith, and Vector), this is the sum total of their posts since I posted the my useful/useless posts thing (yesterday).

- Archangel got sick.
- Archangel got better, said people were suspicious without any real reason and wondered off again.

So until one of them posts something useful, I'll start with unvoting and vote Vector.  Show and be useful please.
I disagree on Vector, since he's generally active and is playing (When was he gone?). But the other two I thoroughly dislike. They're very unhelpful. That's why I refuse to have Archangel in my games.

This is never going to stop, and keeping them alive isn't helpful. And remember how Archangel disappeared and we're waiting for his post?
I suppose. But how about this: How does your being alive help anyone? You're never around to make an analysis in any game I play with you, and this hinders everyone else. Therefore, lynching you prevents you from lurking, which would avoid both lynches and NKs, no matter what team you're on, and when anyone calls you out on it, your only defense will be that you're unable to be at a computer to defend yourself and that we should wait three weeks for an adequate response.

I don't want to do that. Because by then, the town's lost, and we're angry at you. So, unless you can allay that, which you probably won't, I won't unvote you. Also, there are currently no one else scummier than you.
I can see the future. Spot. On.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2009, 10:04:50 pm »

I don't disagree with you about Vector's general playstyle being relatively active.  It's just that (unless I missed something) he had only posted once (it was useful though) by the time I counted up posts and only once before my second post (with a single word in that one: Extension).  So he was lurking rather much this game. Which is one of the bigger play style things this game.

And I'll agree, I've never had a good experience with Archangel posting in the 2? games I've played with him.  And I'm not thrilled to be agreeing with webadict, so please... prove us all wrong and post something...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2009, 10:08:16 pm »

But, this:

- Archangel got sick.

I disagree on Vector, since he's generally active and is playing (When was he gone?). But the other two I thoroughly dislike. They're very unhelpful. That's why I refuse to have Archangel in my games.

This is never going to stop, and keeping them alive isn't helpful. And remember how Archangel disappeared and we're waiting for his post?

To be honest, I've been a lot less active than Rysith.  He posted twice, and both posts had information (or at least pretended to).  I voted Rashilul for bandwagoning and asked for an extension.  That's it.  I've been mostly ignoring this game for the past 5 RL days or so, except when we needed an extension to keep from shooting ourselves in the foot.

I think we need to worry about Archangel and Twiggie for lurking, and them + Rysith for content, if we can begrudge him anything.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2009, 10:14:12 pm »

To be honest, I've been a lot less active than Rysith.  He posted twice, and both posts had information (or at least pretended to).  I voted Rashilul for bandwagoning and asked for an extension.  That's it.  I've been mostly ignoring this game for the past 5 RL days or so, except when we needed an extension to keep from shooting ourselves in the foot.

Rysith had a useful post since my original post naming lurkers.  Granted, it was partly regurgitation of what had gone before, but that's not always a bad thing.  He's still on my radar for lurking, but less so that Archangel.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37