Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 54618 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2009, 11:09:06 pm »

Nihilist.. why are you still demanding Twiggy's claim?

If he can honestly prove himself, he's Modkilled.  Besides, if he's not scum why care?

So seriously.. claim him scum or explain WHY he's so important that the scum can wait.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2009, 11:12:30 pm »

Nihilist.. why are you still demanding Twiggy's claim?

If he can honestly prove himself, he's Modkilled.  Besides, if he's not scum why care?

So seriously.. claim him scum or explain WHY he's so important that the scum can wait.
I don't care if he claims or not, I just want him to answer my questions.
He's completely evaded them, and said absolutely nothing of note. As it stands, he's completely useless.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2009, 11:16:38 pm »

Then perhaps you should ask him some other questions, which would hurt the town less and make you seem less silly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:26 pm »

I'll be blunt.

Are you declaring him Scummy for that or should be lynch you for acting scummy towards a non-scummy person?
I KNEW IT!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2009, 11:43:58 pm »

Very well then.
Twiggie: What do you make of the current situation? Who do you think is scum?!
"bwahaha my evil plan of doom worked!

yeah, anyway im not scum.
FoS pandar for massive overreaction and leafsnail for being overly specific. i vote we off him if it turns out he was right."
Pandarsenic was the first to vote Leafsnail for being overly specific, of all things.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2009, 11:47:37 pm »

^
That should've been in a quote. Here:

bwahaha my evil plan of doom worked!

yeah, anyway im not scum.
FoS pandar for massive overreaction and leafsnail for being overly specific. i vote we off him if it turns out he was right.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2009, 12:34:28 am »

Of the three worst lurkers (Archangel, Rysith, and Vector), this is the sum total of their posts since I posted the my useful/useless posts thing (yesterday).

- Archangel got sick.
- Rysith had a somewhat useful post.
- Vector voted for the extension (single word)
- Archangel got better, said people were suspicious without any real reason and wondered off again.

So until one of them posts something useful, I'll start with unvoting and vote Vector.  Show and be useful please.

As I've said in other mafia threads, I've only got two times a day when I'm at a computer that I can post from, and even then I try to only post when I feel like I've got something to contribute. I'd rather actually lurk than active-lurk.

As it stands, I think that AN is being new and Twiggie, while lurking, is lurking in approximately his normal way. Pandarsenic being obscene is new (to me), but I've only been playing Toon for a while, and haven't had time to check if it's normal for him. Webadict being abusive isn't new, but the way that he did it, with the focus on the vote, continues to make me suspicious of him. It doesn't seem like webadict-normal abusive. That he's now lumping me with Archangel as someone he thoroughly dislikes, despite not having played with me in quite a while, seems rather like a non-vote OMGUS.

Now that the day isn't ending soon, and to deal with my possibly tunnel-visioning on webadict, I'm going to unvote and try to look around a bit beyond the four I mentioned to see if anything else sticks out.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2009, 12:41:46 am »

As I've said in other mafia threads, I've only got two times a day when I'm at a computer that I can post from, and even then I try to only post when I feel like I've got something to contribute. I'd rather actually lurk than active-lurk.

I probably phrased that incorrectly.  In my more recent post, I was saying that although you had only posted once, at least it had content.  It was supposed to be a more positive contrast to Archangel and Vector (at the time).  I understand not being able to post often and I don't think it's a huge problem as long as you post something of worth whenever you can come online.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2009, 02:19:01 am »

Of the three worst lurkers (Archangel, Rysith, and Vector), this is the sum total of their posts since I posted the my useful/useless posts thing (yesterday).

- Archangel got sick.
- Rysith had a somewhat useful post.
- Vector voted for the extension (single word)
- Archangel got better, said people were suspicious without any real reason and wondered off again.

So until one of them posts something useful, I'll start with unvoting and vote Vector.  Show and be useful please.

As it stands, I think that AN is being new and Twiggie, while lurking, is lurking in approximately his normal way. Pandarsenic being obscene is new (to me), but I've only been playing Toon for a while, and haven't had time to check if it's normal for him. Webadict being abusive isn't new, but the way that he did it, with the focus on the vote, continues to make me suspicious of him. It doesn't seem like webadict-normal abusive. That he's now lumping me with Archangel as someone he thoroughly dislikes, despite not having played with me in quite a while, seems rather like a non-vote OMGUS.

Now that the day isn't ending soon, and to deal with my possibly tunnel-visioning on webadict, I'm going to unvote and try to look around a bit beyond the four I mentioned to see if anything else sticks out.
No. I have a disdain for Archangel. He knows it. As for you, you're usually more active. I'm saying that you're lurking, as much as Archangel is (And apparently Vector... and Twiggie... And... everyone else?).

Psh... OMGUS... The avoidance of OMGUS's are more showing of scum nowadays, since town will OMGUS if they've found scum. Its negative publicity only matters to scum, and if you had used that as a offense, that might've stood out.

But, you didn't. That would've been a nice attack though. Why is it that I have to start these new ways to attack? Man... I want more straticians here.

Also, screw the lurkers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10:25 am »

Ok, time to try out a Wide Scan.
Spoiler: Wide Scan of SCIENCE! (click to show/hide)

Results: 

Cheeetar is bandwagoning, laying low, and very bad at accusations, Rysith is also low lying and VERY quick to dismiss his own arguments (1 post accusation is NOT tunneling), Janus is a MESS with rolefishing, and CopQuestions (asking someone who they would investigate, which helps scum far more than town), those three are my biggest worries.

Janus, You're playing Active Aggressive Town, but your actions say very much otherwise.  I believe you are scum.
I KNEW IT!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2009, 11:38:29 am »

Rolefishing
I was trying to figure out the theme of the game.  I assumed (incorrect) that since I had a TF themed role then others would as well. When I was talking about roles later, it was about my own role rather than other people's roles.

Cop Questions
I don't really agree with you here.  Mostly, I think that it gives an idea of who people think are scummy without actually directly asking them.  In this game in particular it can be useful because investigations are rather more deadly than normal.

The rest of mine I'll give you though.

A detailed (if oddly compressed at times) analysis though.  Should be useful.  Do you keep these going as the game runs or generate them afterwords?

(I don't really need to restate this, but at this point I still think Archangel needs to show up--and be helpful--or get lynched.)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2009, 12:23:50 pm »

Once leaf said that he didn't have a TF themed role, then you asked for his theme.  That's going from mearly figuring out the game to trying to figure out Leaf.  What's more, you slipped in a passive comment about MC. 

Also, I'm guessing a MC would be a poor choice?  Because anyone that claims and then uses their action would be more or less confirmed == dead, yes?

That's asking "shall we MC" without actually asking if we should MC. 

As for the Rolecop issue, asking who is scummy in a roundabout way is NOT townish, it's scummish.  It lets you find out how you and your buddies look to the town and react accordingly.  Since it's more abstract, meanwhile, it doesn't cause people to start voting and attacking to boot. 

Web showed me that one in BM 3.  He prodded the town in just that way and found out that everyone wanted Web investigated.  Not only did he then know that the cop was gunning for him (which he was) but it gave him that information WITHOUT anyone turning it into a direct attack. 

That investigative roles are deadly is even MORE dangerous for town!

I don't keep them going actually, especially since it can be come a victim to tunnel vision or bad assumptions.  Instead, I take a moment to pull away from my old ideas then take it all in at once.  It's not a full account of ALL posts, but instead an account of notible events, 'eyecatchers', and heavy interactions between players. 

Btw, Buddying the accuser: Noted. 

And no.. we're NOT lynching a lurker for lurking.  That's one step above Randomvoting for usefulness.  You prod them, attack them, replace them, hate them, but Lurking is NEVER a lynchworthy act.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2009, 01:25:08 pm »

As for the Rolecop issue, asking who is scummy in a roundabout way is NOT townish, it's scummish.  It lets you find out how you and your buddies look to the town and react accordingly.  Since it's more abstract, meanwhile, it doesn't cause people to start voting and attacking to boot. 

Web showed me that one in BM 3.  He prodded the town in just that way and found out that everyone wanted Web investigated.  Not only did he then know that the cop was gunning for him (which he was) but it gave him that information WITHOUT anyone turning it into a direct attack. 

That investigative roles are deadly is even MORE dangerous for town!
To be fair, I already knew I was going to be investigated. Rather, I was looking for the cop that game.

And no.. we're NOT lynching a lurker for lurking.  That's one step above Randomvoting for usefulness.  You prod them, attack them, replace them, hate them, but Lurking is NEVER a lynchworthy act.
True, but some of them just won't be replaced.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2009, 01:57:23 pm »

VOTE COUNT:

dakarian(Toony?) - eduren [1]
Archangel - Webadict, Pandarsenic, JanusTwoFace [3]
JanusTwoFace - dakarian [1]
NUKE9.13 - Twiggie [1]
Webadict - Cheeetar [1]
Cheeetar - Leafsnail [1]
Twiggie - NUKE9.13, Vector [2]

Not Voting - Archangel, Apostolic Nihilist, Rysith [3]

Highlighting the lynch candidate just for fun.

~Day Ends Today In 5 Hours~

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2009, 02:53:57 pm »

@web

Thing is, we know lurkers are unknown guesses. 

Let's be true: do you truly not have anyone you feel is scummy? 
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37