Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 54280 times)

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2009, 12:23:59 am »

I'm questioning him, of all things. This is the RVS stage, right?
Asking questions and getting answers never hurts.

If it came down to it, I wouldn't lynch him today and I don't know why you think that I would.
I don't think many people intend to lynch the first person they vote for.

He's probably third-party, right? Then we should probably understand what his motives are! Are they anti-town or what? We don't even know yet and that's what I'm trying to figure out.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2009, 12:28:24 am »

WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME ON IT IF YOU'RE SO SURE HE'S THIRD PARTY?!

Scum needs to die! Why waste time on this?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2009, 12:29:47 am »

He's probably third-party, right? Then we should probably understand what his motives are! Are they anti-town or what? We don't even know yet and that's what I'm trying to figure out.
So you're rolefishing then.

It would be much more beneficial for scum to know of any third parties than a town.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:44 am »

So you're rolefishing then.

It would be much more beneficial for scum to know of any third parties than a town.
How so?
Scum can come to exactly the same conclusions that I have, probably much more quickly too.

I'll admit to rolefishing, as that's what I'm doing, but whether or not he tells me his role (hint: he won't) it doesn't really matter. If his actions make him look pro-town (as I might've managed to trick him into doing...) he becomes a viable target for scum.

Isn't this good? — he were to be NK'd then the scum have just wasted their kill.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2009, 12:41:19 am »

Wait, what? Apostolic Nihilist, which is rolefishing and picking out targets for the scum good?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2009, 12:45:09 am »

The town are much less worried about third-parties than the scum are. While a third party will usually not affect the towns win condition (kill scum), they will affect the win condition of the scum (stay alive). Somebody with no allegiance could easily wreak havok on the scum's plans (whether the third party be investigative, killing, whatever).
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2009, 12:49:48 am »

Wait, what? Apostolic Nihilist, which is rolefishing and picking out targets for the scum good?
Would you rather an innocent town die or a dubiously-aligned third-party?

Rolefishing is certainly bad behaviour when dealing with town. As a third-party however, how much harm can arise from it?
It can only help us. It might help scum, too, but it'll help us more.

Eduren: Survivors still win at the end if it's only mafia left, hence why they can align with scum at Lyloy and get a guaranteed win.
Being Toon Mafia, he could just as well be a Cult Leader sort of role for all we know.
Since he's the last player to join the fray, that makes him much more suspicious; we should try and find out what his objectives are.

Should we waste a lynch on him? No, we shouldn't. But we should try and find out just what he's after!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2009, 12:55:13 am »

So, you are stating that he's a third-party, and that because he is he should immediately tell us his role?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2009, 01:03:00 am »

So, you are stating that he's a third-party, and that because he is he should immediately tell us his role?
I'm stating that he's likely third-party. Furthermore, I'm asking him to reveal his role (BUT HE WON'T, because no matter what that would end badly for him) in an attempt to gather more information.

Knowing his role would help both scum and  town, wouldn't it? It also does not help him. He'll likely either dodge the question or try to strike a compromise (I can't tell you my role, but my win condition doesn't preclude town from winning) etc., or (I can be useful to town!).

As it stands, we're not going to lynch him, and with good reason. We can however draw attention to him. We have nothing to go off right now, and we need something. That's what I'm trying to acquire!

I'm using my rolefishing in an attempt to gather information, not necessarily his role. Perhaps a metric by which we can judge his actions.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2009, 01:05:29 am »

So, you're trying to stimulate conversation?
I've played some mafia.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2009, 01:08:29 am »

Yes!
Thank you for finally understanding!

I suppose I was a bit roundabout, but this is what I'm doing. Nothing more, nothing less.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2009, 03:06:16 am »

Well, since the conversation has been made, AN, do you have any evidence towards finding one of the scum?  Since you now sound that you no longer wish to kill the possible third party.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2009, 05:39:47 am »

Seriously, AN, what are you doing?  My vote remains on you for blatant rolefishing and trying to take out a potential anti-scum target.  He could be green OR yellow, so he's not confirmed, and won't be modkilled.  Yes, there's a chance he's an SK, but there's a greater or equal chance he's town, and asking him to claim on day 1 is just stupid.  Remember: if I say something and it's true, it's not confirmed.  Otherwise I could just say:

Rashilul is scum
Pandarsenic is scum
Vector is scum
Rysith is scum
NUKE9.13 is scum
Archangel is scum
Cheeetar is scum
JanusTwoFace is scum
eduren is scum
Apostolic Nihilist is scum
dakarian is scum
Twiggie the Subtle is scum
For a town insta-win.

As for Rashilul, sorry to hear about your loss.  I had prepared an answer humorously invoking gamblers' fallacy because Tsuruya was scum last time, but it looks like it will be unnecessary now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:39 am »

Yes!
Thank you for finally understanding!

I suppose I was a bit roundabout, but this is what I'm doing. Nothing more, nothing less.
And conversation you have. But, it's focused around you.

My problem, though, is that you got jumbo-wagoned by like five guys on speed.

I'm questioning him, of all things. This is the RVS stage, right?
Asking questions and getting answers never hurts.

If it came down to it, I wouldn't lynch him today and I don't know why you think that I would.
I don't think many people intend to lynch the first person they vote for.

It's not about lynching the first person you vote, it's about lynching the scummiest person. If that person happened to be the person you vote, then so be it.

Seriously, AN, what are you doing?  My vote remains on you for blatant rolefishing and trying to take out a potential anti-scum target.  He could be green OR yellow, so he's not confirmed, and won't be modkilled.  Yes, there's a chance he's an SK, but there's a greater or equal chance he's town, and asking him to claim on day 1 is just stupid.  Remember: if I say something and it's true, it's not confirmed.  Otherwise I could just say:

Rashilul is scum
Pandarsenic is scum
Vector is scum
Rysith is scum
NUKE9.13 is scum
Archangel is scum
Cheeetar is scum
JanusTwoFace is scum
eduren is scum
Apostolic Nihilist is scum
dakarian is scum
Twiggie the Subtle is scum
For a town insta-win.

As for Rashilul, sorry to hear about your loss.  I had prepared an answer humorously invoking gamblers' fallacy because Tsuruya was scum last time, but it looks like it will be unnecessary now.
Likewise, when the scum's about to be lynched, they can call out the names of the town and get them all lynched, since they know for a fact who is town. All the scum have to do is agree and the town will be insta-loss. The only reason this wouldn't work is if there are no yellows. This is a two-way street.

Also, what happened to the guy I replaced?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2009, 09:02:13 am »

One of Rashilul's friends died, and thus he's spending time away from the forums to mourn.

Anyway, yes, the possibility of SKs and such prevents the scum from just naming their team mates for a town auto-lose.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37