Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: Toon Mafia V - Day 5 - GAMEOVER  (Read 53709 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia V - Day 1 - A (In)Santastic Day
« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2009, 01:47:18 pm »

Extension at any time, please.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2009, 01:48:20 pm »

One request has been made, another will add an additional day.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2009, 04:18:17 pm »

Three hours left in the day...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 28, 2009, 04:21:58 pm »

Extension.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 28, 2009, 04:24:43 pm »

~Day End Thursday 8 PM EST~

Maybe you'll have a good lynch target by then.  I'll extend as much as you want.  We need a replacement for Archangel anywho.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:55 pm »

The general consensus seems to be that I was stupid, and I can accept that. I do, however, disagree that staged fights never happen. If you view the mafia chat in Bay 12 Mafia, a staged fight was going to happen, but they never just got around to it. So, extremely rare yes, but not impossible.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2009, 11:44:33 pm »

Was it the fight alone that made you think 'BUS!' or was there something about it, or about the two involved, that made you suspicious?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:40 am »

I'm feeling better today, so I'll go back over the thread and try to do some analysing. You don't need to replace me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2009, 01:09:21 am »

OK. Web, AN and Cheeetar strike me as most suspicious but I need to go back again before I do anything. Right now, I have things to do and am going to something in an hour so I will do that when I get back.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 29, 2009, 02:04:58 am »

OK. Web, AN and Cheeetar strike me as most suspicious but I need to go back again before I do anything. Right now, I have things to do and am going to something in an hour so I will do that when I get back.
Cheeetar, maybe. But, I doubt it.

AN, perhaps? He's being... just... TOO SCUMMY!

I thought about that before I posted, but I didn't really read too deeply into it.

I wouldn't say he's any more likely or less likely to be scum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a third-party alignment. Seems like Toony would catch something really obvious like that, and then feel the need to correct it. Instead of making him scum, he gave him a different alignment from both groups.

...or Toony realized a 13th player would just add more WIFOM and didn't bother with anything complex.
He's not lying in this post. Which I had expected of him.

I'm questioning him, of all things. This is the RVS stage, right?
Asking questions and getting answers never hurts.

If it came down to it, I wouldn't lynch him today and I don't know why you think that I would.
I don't think many people intend to lynch the first person they vote for.

He's probably third-party, right? Then we should probably understand what his motives are! Are they anti-town or what? We don't even know yet and that's what I'm trying to figure out.
This post is suspicious.

He's probably third-party, right? Then we should probably understand what his motives are! Are they anti-town or what? We don't even know yet and that's what I'm trying to figure out.
So you're rolefishing then.

It would be much more beneficial for scum to know of any third parties than a town.
How so?
Scum can come to exactly the same conclusions that I have, probably much more quickly too.

I'll admit to rolefishing, as that's what I'm doing, but whether or not he tells me his role (hint: he won't) it doesn't really matter. If his actions make him look pro-town (as I might've managed to trick him into doing...) he becomes a viable target for scum.

Isn't this good? — he were to be NK'd then the scum have just wasted their kill.
Bad. BAD!

Wait, what? Apostolic Nihilist, which is rolefishing and picking out targets for the scum good?
Would you rather an innocent town die or a dubiously-aligned third-party?

Rolefishing is certainly bad behaviour when dealing with town. As a third-party however, how much harm can arise from it?
It can only help us. It might help scum, too, but it'll help us more.

Eduren: Survivors still win at the end if it's only mafia left, hence why they can align with scum at Lyloy and get a guaranteed win.
Being Toon Mafia, he could just as well be a Cult Leader sort of role for all we know.
Since he's the last player to join the fray, that makes him much more suspicious; we should try and find out what his objectives are.

Should we waste a lynch on him? No, we shouldn't. But we should try and find out just what he's after!
Big switch.

Likely, he's being too scummy to be scum. My guess? AN is, himself, a yellow, which is why he's being as scummy as he is without being scum. Crazy, huh? Perhaps he's looking for a particular yellow?

Cheeetar? Like I care. He seems more of an idiot than scum. So, yeah.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 29, 2009, 03:42:37 am »

Hmm.
That would sort of make sense, the trying to get pressure on twiggie, in the knowledge that he is third party and thus can crack.
Some variation of Lyncher/Lynchee, perhaps?
Mind you
As it stands
Twiggie is totally lurking. Twiggie, come out here. PRESSURE upon thee!

If the day ended right now, I would probably go with an AN lynch. Because, well, looking back at his posts, they are pretty coherent. I am willing to believe that there is an ulterior motive in his twiggie investigations (rather than just stupidity)
Long Live United Forenia!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:05 am »

That would sort of make sense, the trying to get pressure on twiggie, [...]
Some variation of Lyncher/Lynchee, perhaps?

sorry, i dont understand what you're saying. maybe im being really dense, but can you explain what you mean here?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 29, 2009, 07:21:25 am »

Was it the fight alone that made you think 'BUS!' or was there something about it, or about the two involved, that made you suspicious?

Overtly hostile and abrasive towards each other, which dosen't seem like what anybody would do. I have reconsidered this theory upon Webadict being a dick, however.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 29, 2009, 07:58:05 am »

@Web

!  That's only yellow?  That looks plumb ugly.  Nihilist

Especially don't like the flex used to make himself look good.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2009, 08:54:35 am »

@Web

!  That's only yellow?  That looks plumb ugly.  Nihilist

Especially don't like the flex used to make himself look good.
Quite. He seems lonely, and therefore without a team of people. Townies care a little less about making themselves look good (Just... just look at some of them...) and more about finding scum.

Sure, it's a guess, but I'm fairly certain he's yellow.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37