Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Giving water with no buckets

(1/2) > >>

fmunoz:
Leather waterskin (and mugs too) should be able to bring water/drink to the wounded dwarves. Maybe it shiuld remove less thirst than a full bucket.

Mechanoid:
Agreed.However, it should be made that the game will run through a list in top to bottom order of water containers, and then attempt to get a dwarf to use that container to water an injured dwarf.A list could be:
- A free bucket
- A free water skin
- Military dwarf with a filled water skin (said dwarf gives the water) *1
- Bucket attached to a well (bucket temporarilly removed, but automatically filled with water from the well)
- Bucket attached to a well which is a meeting hall
- Bucket from a workshop not in use (work cannot start until bucket is returned)
- Bucket from a workshop in use (work is temporarilly halted until bucket is returned)
- Use a barrel of booze from the food stockpile *2
*1 if the dwarf that's injured is also military, that dwarf gets a better thought, and the military dwarf giving the water also gets a good thought. If they're in the same squad, the reaction should be even better.
*2 the one with the least amount of booze that's the closest to the injured dwarf by steps.

Misterstone:
I almost agree with the list... but booze should be at the top, not the bottom!

Turpitude:
I concur, poor crippled dwarves never get sloshed.  I also think dwarves in the jail should get booze, but that's debatable.

Doler 12:
The should get water and only booze when there is no water. Wounded dwarf should be given booze. It is just stupid that you wounded dwarf dies of thirst

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version