Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: Not So Beginner Mafia 2: End - Snowy white.  (Read 48025 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Not So Beginner Mafia 2: End - Snowy white.
« Reply #525 on: December 09, 2009, 10:33:13 pm »

Same difference.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:56 pm »

Same difference.
*froth*

epitome: Acme, prime example.
epiphany: sudden revelation/realization
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2009, 10:35:35 pm »

I said same difference.

Not same thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »

Dude, screw you dakarian. You purposefully gave these crappy deadlines. I mean, you gave us TWENTY FOUR HOURS! Yeah, whatever.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 09, 2009, 10:44:17 pm »

I said same difference.

Not same thing.
joke:
Linguist Teacher: "It is interesting to note that in some languages, double negative still means negative(russian iirc how joke is)  and in some languages, they negate each other, as in English. But there is no language in which a double positive becomes a negative."
Student: "Yeah, right."
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 09, 2009, 10:46:39 pm »

If you guys had just lynched:

1) Leafsnail the obvscum
2) Anyone hesitant to extend

It would've been fine.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 09, 2009, 10:53:01 pm »

If you guys had just lynched:

1) Leafsnail the obvscum
2) Anyone hesitant to extend

It would've been fine.
Yeah well I was going to when time came but unfortunately I'm not at a computer 24 hours a day. Not like it'd matter because I'd probably forget to make a letter red or misspell someone's name and then we'd still lose on a technicality.

This game was BS.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Not So Beginner Mafia 2: Night 2 It's so quiet
« Reply #532 on: December 09, 2009, 11:07:13 pm »

It does end here. 

No one has been lynched.

Night Roles, send me your choices.

This is where town lost
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not So Beginner Mafia 2: Night 2 It's so quiet
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2009, 11:15:33 pm »

It does end here. 

No one has been lynched.

Night Roles, send me your choices.

This is where town lost
I know. I really wish we had actually GOTTEN a chance.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2009, 11:46:20 pm »

"Ineffectual (Vector, Eduren)"

... D:

I guess my town game really does suck that hard.  Looks like it's time to stick the NSBMs on the shelf for a while.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 10, 2009, 12:06:23 am »

"Ineffectual (Vector, Eduren)"

... D:

I guess my town game really does suck that hard.  Looks like it's time to stick the NSBMs on the shelf for a while.
Well, you did just nail Pandarsenic-scum in mine. On the other claw, he was pretty textbook.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 10, 2009, 12:12:58 am »

In almost every typical game, town gets 48 hours.  The exception comes from weekends, which push the game up.

This game: I was able to finish BM4, start and FINISH BM5 and get to Day 2 of BM6 before you guys finished Days 2-4.  The game nearly died a good few times along the way. 

The last day lasted 6 RL days, and much of the time the only discussion came from people asking to Extend. 

Personally, I blame the Hammer.  So far, it's proven over and over to mess up games and leave them inactive.  Deadlines just work better.  Other systems aren't so bad (though I don't get why does the system in KotM result in quicklynch mania, even though the actual NEW part of the system has yet to kick in...jeesh I've been allowing for Early Ending on Majority since forever..just that few bothered to use it)
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 10, 2009, 12:34:08 am »

Well, you did just nail Pandarsenic-scum in mine. On the other claw, he was pretty textbook.

Yeah, I know.  I think I just feel bad about being such a poor player, after playing this long  >_>

Personally, I blame the Hammer.  So far, it's proven over and over to mess up games and leave them inactive.  Deadlines just work better. 

Other systems aren't so bad (though I don't get why does the system in KotM result in quicklynch mania, even though the actual NEW part of the system has yet to kick in...jeesh I've been allowing for Early Ending on Majority since forever..just that few bothered to use it)

Agreed.  The reason why you end up with quicklynch mania in KotM is n-fold, where n is some natural number I don't feel like specifying.

1. You have a non-bastard 1 v. many system.  This means that the town can quicklynch with impunity and largely rely on night roles.
2. The probability of a king winning is extraordinarily low.  Once again, less caution.
3. They know that the king has precisely as much power as they do, + a mafiakill.  This generally means that they can overwhelm the king in the nightphase, especially since he doesn't have any special information.

Basically, you've taken all of the town-challenge out of a game of KWN and created something that isn't going to work long-term.  Note how the Webadict has never won a game of KWN, even though he's always had significantly more power than the rest of the group (and, in both cases, been played by reasonably skilled scum players).  Give him what amounts to every power imaginable (KWN: DE), and he still loses.

You've moved from a game that is almost impossible for scum to win to one that really is impossible for scum.

*shrug*

Maybe you'll agree with that; maybe not.  In any case, it's too bad this game turned out so poorly.  I'd be up for playing another one, but not for a good long while, and definitely not with hammers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 10, 2009, 12:42:27 am »

Shouldn't this be in Game Discussion Thread?

...snowy white...doesn't that mean that it's time for 7 dwarves to show up?
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2009, 01:08:47 am »

In almost every typical game, town gets 48 hours.  The exception comes from weekends, which push the game up.

This game: I was able to finish BM4, start and FINISH BM5 and get to Day 2 of BM6 before you guys finished Days 2-4.  The game nearly died a good few times along the way. 

The last day lasted 6 RL days, and much of the time the only discussion came from people asking to Extend. 

Personally, I blame the Hammer.  So far, it's proven over and over to mess up games and leave them inactive.  Deadlines just work better.  Other systems aren't so bad (though I don't get why does the system in KotM result in quicklynch mania, even though the actual NEW part of the system has yet to kick in...jeesh I've been allowing for Early Ending on Majority since forever..just that few bothered to use it)
No, my problem wasn't that there was a deadline. It was that you required a WHOLE TOWN agreement to extend the Day. I was being active, which is what you wanted. You wouldn't have it. So, screw you. It DOESN'T need all the players to agree. It needs at least 3.  You were being extremely unreasonable and refuse to admit it.

THAT'S my problem.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38