Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: Not So Beginner Mafia 2: End - Snowy white.  (Read 47968 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not So Beginner Mafia 2: End - Snowy white.
« Reply #540 on: December 10, 2009, 01:59:02 am »

Shouldn't this be in Game Discussion Thread?

Yeah, probably.  I have a horrible habit of derailing (see: commentary on linguistics during IMBML(BM(M))), but I'd rather get it out there while I still remember it.

Well, anyway.  Thanks for running the game, Dakarian.  It's not your fault it died so hard.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 10, 2009, 02:23:35 am »

Shouldn't this be in Game Discussion Thread?

Yeah, probably.  I have a horrible habit of derailing (see: commentary on linguistics during IMBML(BM(M))), but I'd rather get it out there while I still remember it.

Well, anyway.  Thanks for running the game, Dakarian.  It's not your fault it died so hard.
It sort of is. I was asking for extension after extension for a reason.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 10, 2009, 02:29:53 am »

Requiring a unanimous decision to extend with 24-hour deadlines is about as anti-town modding as you get, if you ask me. Even my Bastard Mod games aren't that determined to screw everyone over.

As much as I want to be nice to Dak because I like him and his games, I have to be mean about this so it never happens again.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 10, 2009, 02:37:58 am »

I was actually thinking about the general game-death that happened D2.  That wasn't Dakarian's fault at all; it was the fault of the town.

That Lylo crapola?  I think town was also partially to blame, given that I'm pretty sure that against three active players scum wouldn't have had a chance.

Yes, this really shouldn't happen again on the side of the mod.  I was complaining in dead chat for a reason.  We also shouldn't allow ourselves to get into this sort of situation again.  I think that both parties were to some degree responsible.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 10, 2009, 03:52:07 am »

I was actually thinking about the general game-death that happened D2.  That wasn't Dakarian's fault at all; it was the fault of the town.

That Lylo crapola?  I think town was also partially to blame, given that I'm pretty sure that against three active players scum wouldn't have had a chance.

Yes, this really shouldn't happen again on the side of the mod.  I was complaining in dead chat for a reason.  We also shouldn't allow ourselves to get into this sort of situation again.  I think that both parties were to some degree responsible.
Oh, definitely some problems with eduren and SirBayer. It was really nice when they never showed up and I was trying to scumhunt.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2009, 12:50:13 pm »

Ok, time for some explaining.

I killed ToonyMan (yeah, Org was my partner, but I made all three NK decisions :P) since webby was being super scummy and ToonyMan... well... say what you like about him, but he provokes discussion, which is deadly to mafia players.

I killed Vector for being a good analytical player, and for, unlike Pandarsenic and Webadict, being able to keep calm and stay fairly on target even when angry at the stupidity of other players.

I killed Pandarsenic because he suspected me.  No, really, that's it.  Webby had dropped his attack on me day 2, so I took the risk that he'd lay off me again... and fortunately he did.  He did trick me into thinking he was a cop with his "Eh. Mr Godfather?" line though :P.

Btw, if votes were placed on those who kept hanging back on the Extensions, Org would've been lynched near the end, and leafsnail-rather than no lynch- would've been lynched just now.  It would've been better to end the day on a gamble than on a no lynch.
Actually, in a weird way, Org sortof "confirmed" himself when placing a vote at the last minute.  If he were mafia, he would've not voted and won, right?  I, on the other hand, was ridiculously obv scum.  If you look at the mafia chat, you can see my defeatism (I was relying on Org's nulltell to give us a victory).

Yeah well I was going to when time came but unfortunately I'm not at a computer 24 hours a day. Not like it'd matter because I'd probably forget to make a letter red or misspell someone's name and then we'd still lose on a technicality.
That's why I waited until you had logged off before going to bed.

"Ineffectual (Vector, Eduren)"
At the time.  I'd changed my opinion by the next day, of course.

Oh, and I should probably point out that this was my first game finished as scum.  In terms of being mafia, I really am a newb, but I can't really join BM and ask to be in the mafia :P.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 10, 2009, 01:03:36 pm »

There's always hosting a Kill Leafsnail Now :D.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2009, 01:08:30 pm »

I just don't get lynched, usually.  I think the only game I've ever been lynched in was Parallel World Mafia due to inactivity in the game.  I was a townie that time :P.

Oh, and I forgot about my glorious Suigintou campaign when I said "first game finished as scum".  Meh.  First game with scumpartners then.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2009, 02:51:59 pm »

Leafsnail never is lynched.  O_O

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 10, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »

If I had made it back before 9, I would've voted Leafsnail, but Mister Mod decided to screw the rules.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 10, 2009, 04:39:12 pm »

I cant believe the entire dead chat thought I was town. Teehee

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 10, 2009, 05:26:06 pm »

Leafsnail never is lynched.  O_O
You're just lucky I'm an anti-Pandarsenic in terms of alignment :P.

(adds "Lynch Immune" to Bay 12 role)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 10, 2009, 11:17:49 pm »

Two things I can state:

1. I am NOT running another Hammer game.  I like my 'soft hammer' which I have always been using (as seen in KotM to abusive extent)

2. A full town requirement for extending will only occur from now on IF there is an objection. 

3. I am dearly hoping the next game of a similar nature (named Near-Mountainous Mafia) will work out better, in both the town play and the host play.

Meh
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2009, 10:36:04 am »

Er, sorry I've been disappearing. ._. I guess I did kinda screw up the game for you guys. Time constraints. But I still wanted to vote and kill scum, and I did attempt to. It's hard to scumkill when you're not the only one who's gone or useless.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 14, 2009, 10:39:38 pm »

when is NSBM 3 starting?
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38