Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "abandon fortress" and enter key problem  (Read 1000 times)

evirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"abandon fortress" and enter key problem
« on: October 26, 2009, 11:29:36 am »

i was in full screen mode decided to abandon fortress, when i went to the menu option and hit enter the next screen flashed quickly and went back to the previous menu. i wasn't able to actually abandon the fortress until I switched to window mode.

my keyboard is working fine so i don't think its that. main problem can be solved by changing how the abandon fortress option works. instead of making it "press Y to continue, or any other key to cancel" exclude the enter key as being one of the "cancel keys".

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: "abandon fortress" and enter key problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:19:52 pm »

What version are you using?  You might be able to address your problem by turning up KEY_REPEAT_MS or whatever it's called in init.txt, so that your Enter key doesn't send a second signal so fast.  Your suggestion has merit though.

evirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:19:21 pm »

What version are you using?  You might be able to address your problem by turning up KEY_REPEAT_MS or whatever it's called in init.txt, so that your Enter key doesn't send a second signal so fast.  Your suggestion has merit though.

it's the latest version. ill try that if it's happened again but that was the first time and i have played before.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:27:28 pm »

'Latest version' means nothing when there are effectively two latest versions, 40d and 40d16. This sounds like the key stick issue in 40d16, in which I point out that changing the display between fullscreen and windowed unsticks the key.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.